Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Feb 3, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #2,731 of 5,364
I honestly would still suggest you go with the Logitech UE 6000. They fit your genre of music, have decent bass and details, and active noise cancelling. DJ here means that the headphone has a bass emphasis, and he's saying that these headphones don't. They are more balanced. You said you wanted bass but not bass head bass. The AKG K167s and HP700 should both provide great bass kick with tight sub-bass, but also allow you to hear the details in the treble and mids. Especially on the Denon.

Feb 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #2,733 of 5,364
Do you think you could get some JVC S500's imported to you? Those should fit snugly in your budget and will hurt anything in that price range.

Feb 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #2,734 of 5,364
Quote:
Do you think you could get some JVC S500's imported to you? Those should fit snugly in your budget and will hurt anything in that price range.

Thank you for the help. But this JVC is really hard to find and import (here in Brazil). 
Is the AKG K450 comfortable enough to listen to music about 3 hours ? This model is much easier to find here. People say K420 is really comfortable, so i hope the K450 be, too.

Feb 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #2,735 of 5,364
Hello, there.. looking for my first higher quality pair of headphones. I bought the Sennheiser Momentum, but I found that they pressed too hard on my head, it didn't take long before I felt uncomfortable pressure on my jaw. So I've returned them but now not sure what to get. I enjoyed the sound of the Momentum, but would prefer something more comfortable (of course) as well as more noise isolating (I don't want noise cancelling though) and if I can get it cheaper, that's great too. Something that sounds similar in quality to the Momentum, but perhaps slightly bassier (not too much). I am quite sensitive to sharp treble.

I listen to a very wide variety of music, particularly electronic/house/dubstep, classical, and alternative/rock. I want something I can listen to comfortably for very long periods of time, in a fairly noisy office environment and on the go. I'd prefer NOT to wear in-ear. I would be using my iPhone or Macbook as the source most of the time. I'm not so picky about looking cool, something discrete is good. Looking for something around £200/$300, though I can go up to about £290/$400 for something really awesome.  Any advice greatly appreciated! I'm getting lost researching all the options.

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #2,736 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you for the help. But this JVC is really hard to find and import (here in Brazil). 
Is the AKG K450 comfortable enough to listen to music about 3 hours ? This model is much easier to find here. People say K420 is really comfortable, so i hope the K450 be, too.

The K450 is really a Midfi phone. I'd personally swing for some Creative Aurvana Live which can be found on amazon and should be easier to get to you then the JVC's.

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #2,737 of 5,364
Quote:
The K450 is really a Midfi phone. I'd personally swing for some Creative Aurvana Live which can be found on amazon and should be easier to get to you then the JVC's.

Thanks a lot! But the Creative is portable ? I need something portable, too xD
Creative i can find here (more expensive, but i can find). 

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #2,738 of 5,364
Greetings.
My friend is lookin for a pair of portable cans.

Budget: under $100.

Sound: any, just not too bassy, pref neutral or slightly treble emphasized (like V6)

Comfort is the most important factor.

Thanks!
S.

EDIT: oh, forgot to mention it must be easy to drive. since the source device is galaxy note. 

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #2,740 of 5,364
I honestly would still suggest you go with the Logitech UE 6000. They fit your genre of music, have decent bass and details, and active noise cancelling. DJ here means that the headphone has a bass emphasis, and he's saying that these headphones don't. They are more balanced. You said you wanted bass but not bass head bass. The AKG K167s and HP700 should both provide great bass kick with tight sub-bass, but also allow you to hear the details in the treble and mids. Especially on the Denon.

well, every1 says that the active mode of logitech is terrible..... But comparing to a seinheisser hd 380 , which is the best for me? And why is terible with active mode...

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2,741 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:

well, every1 says that the active mode of logitech is terrible..... But comparing to a seinheisser hd 380 , which is the best for me? And why is terible with active mode...

HD 380 is great if you have a DAC/AMP to drive it. I'm not sure about the active mode on the Logitech. They sound wonderful to me but I only had them for a brief moment in time as I borrowed them from a friend.

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #2,742 of 5,364
HD 380 is great if you have a DAC/AMP to drive it. I'm not sure about the active mode on the Logitech. They sound wonderful to me but I only had them for a brief moment in time as I borrowed them from a friend.

what about akg k 172 hd, beyerdinamic dt 440, Pioneer SE-MJ751, denon-dn-hp500.... I think i am after something with more bass, like in the songs i gave u, i am not listening to clasical or folk, so....i usually listen to hip hop + dubstep and sometimes rock...

Feb 4, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #2,743 of 5,364
Quote:
Greetings.
My friend is lookin for a pair of portable cans.

Budget: under $100.

Sound: any, just not too bassy, pref neutral or slightly treble emphasized (like V6)

Comfort is the most important factor.

Thanks!
S.

EDIT: oh, forgot to mention it must be easy to drive. since the source device is galaxy note. 

How about JVC S500?

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #2,744 of 5,364
Quote:

Same question here! and how do the UE6K and hd380 compared to the new monster DNA?

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #2,745 of 5,364
My music taste is Linkin Park, David Guetta, some more bassy songs so I need a bassy (a bit) headphone and I'll buy it in central London so give me a shop to buy is a bonus. I need the comfortable to be very good and isolation too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back