Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Feb 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #2,717 of 5,364
Hello everybody;
I am using a Midnight Ravers IEM's from House of Marley with my iPhone right now and I am very happy with it. They are the most suitable IEMs for my hearing.
My problem is now I'm using a protective case for my iPhone and can't use the IEMs with the case. I know they are extenders but I don't want to use them (but I am using an extender because I couldn't find a solution). My question for you all audiophiles is is there an alternative for my IEMs. Same price range, exact same audio level, bass quality and without the angled jack. Or how to modify them to fit in the case? The case is Lunatik Taktik which works with Apple design guidelines.

For example how about this one: SoundMAGIC e10m. Is thi,s one have a loud volume as the Midnight Ravers?

I seek loud volume and clear bass sounds. I bought a Sennheiser Adidas CX680i but the next day I hated it's low volume and weak bass sounds. That was my fault, didn't properly researched.

Feb 3, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #2,720 of 5,364
i want this :
1)long time gaming, i am listening to music while i am playing so NO MIC ( just to be comfortable for that long period ) -> So here comes the comfortable part, which i would like to be lightweight

2)for street walking and a lot of music i use my phone, but mine is kind of special, is a Nokia N8 which has dolby digital surround, which is pretty cool and can offer a good quality; also i hate when i listen to music to hear the others talking -> that is why i need powerful and good quality headphones, with noise cancellation ( i hate to hear someone talking when i am listening to music !!!!!!! )

3)i need over ear headphones because i can not take the in-ears for long periods , and i hate the on ear, they make my ear lump hurt -> that is why i would like an over ear headphone

4) the price should be until 200$, and i want them to be good for at least 2 years

5)i would like a little bit of bass, i do not want some headphones based on BASS, which will make my head explode, but i listen a lot of HIP-HOP songs, sometimes DUBSTEP, so....

what will you sugest?

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #2,721 of 5,364
With a good pair of in-ears, you won't experience discomfort. They are extremely light, and isolating without being noise cancelling. Thing is about active noise cancellation, it is basically just white noise in the background, really degrades SQ. With good tips on IEMs, they will be comfortable and very isolating. I'd get a pair of Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s, and a mix pack of Comply T-400s. 

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #2,722 of 5,364
Guys, i want something comfortable and portable... What is the best choice: AKG K450 or KSC75 ?? Do you have other sugestion ?
I wanna a headphone to listen to music, watch movies and play. I am not a hardcore user, i never had a good headphone like these.

Is the K450 really comfortable ? Or JBL Vibe On Ear is better ?

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #2,723 of 5,364
hello fello head-fiers,

I have  been lurking here for a while and am finally looking to get a new set of IEM's. I currently have a pair of (go ahead and laugh) skull candy inked earbuds. they were cheap and sounded good enough to get tore up on a construction site. anyhow im looking to get a good set. I will try to buy used so as to save cash and get more bang for my buck.

I normally listen to mostly rock, metal, and country. sometimes i will listen to certain rap, however, as of late i have been exploring the likes of trans siberian orchestra and other classical music that fits inline with them....mostly discovered on pandora.

I want a set that will work well on my ipod, ipad or my galaxy nexus as they will be my main sources.  i may someday add a portable amp, but for right now they are out of my price range.

I would like a set that is very clean and plays well down low. i dont mean i want it to be boomy like the skull candy's, but i like to really hear the punch of the kick drum and the impact of a snare drum. clean tight hard hitting bass. I also like a clean neutral mid as well as a smooth top end.

listening conditions: I usually will use them on the go, weather doing housework, building cabinets, lifting weights or riding my motorcycle (inside helmet) so the set i get has to be able to stay in my ear as i slip on my helmet. the skull candy's work, but it can be tricky.

price wise, i dunno. depends on whats out there and new or used.  lets just say 200 used. maybe more if the price is warranted for a new set.

not sure if im using any of the right lingo, but that is how i can describe it.

thanks for the support
shaun
Anybody have any advice

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #2,724 of 5,364
I can demo -

Monster VKTR
WeSC RZA Chambers and Street
Beats Solo HD,Pro,Studio and Mixr
Skullcandy Aviators

And thats about it in terms of the "upper end" of headphones of any kind.

I am actually thinking of going IEM again now, my current IEMs (Sony MDR EX500LP) are failing and thats why I wanted to find some new phones and I quite liked the idea of trying some portable on ears instead. However due to wearing glasses, I think trying to find a suitable pair that I know will work out is proving to be really difficult and maybe not worth the hassle, at least with IEMs I dont have to worry about the glasses thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds like demo'ing is important to you - so what can you demo?

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #2,725 of 5,364
Quote:
With a good pair of in-ears, you won't experience discomfort. They are extremely light, and isolating without being noise cancelling. Thing is about active noise cancellation, it is basically just white noise in the background, really degrades SQ. With good tips on IEMs, they will be comfortable and very isolating. I'd get a pair of Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s, and a mix pack of Comply T-400s. 

well let me be more clear : i hate in ear headphones !!!! .... so making that clear, getting back to over ear headphones, what will you sugest me ?

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #2,726 of 5,364
Quote:
i want this :
1)long time gaming, i am listening to music while i am playing so NO MIC ( just to be comfortable for that long period ) -> So here comes the comfortable part, which i would like to be lightweight

2)for street walking and a lot of music i use my phone, but mine is kind of special, is a Nokia N8 which has dolby digital surround, which is pretty cool and can offer a good quality; also i hate when i listen to music to hear the others talking -> that is why i need powerful and good quality headphones, with noise cancellation ( i hate to hear someone talking when i am listening to music !!!!!!! )

3)i need over ear headphones because i can not take the in-ears for long periods , and i hate the on ear, they make my ear lump hurt -> that is why i would like an over ear headphone

4) the price should be until 200$, and i want them to be good for at least 2 years

5)i would like a little bit of bass, i do not want some headphones based on BASS, which will make my head explode, but i listen a lot of HIP-HOP songs, sometimes DUBSTEP, so....

what will you sugest?

The problem I am having here is that you're looking for a over-ear but portable headphone. I may be wrong but most over-ears have very long cords. If you don't mind that I would suggest the [size=small][size=13px !important]AKG K167 TIESTO[/size], [/size][size=small][size=13px !important]Denon DNHP700 Pro DJ Headphones[/size][/size][size=small], and I'll throw in the [/size][size=small][size=13px !important]Logitech UE 6000 Headphones[/size]. [/size]The Logitech don't isolate the best but they are good headphones with moderate cable length that can be removed, active noise cancelling with batteries, and they are on sell. The AKG K167 are probably going to be your best bet as they isolate the best out of them, but the DNHP700 have the widest sound-stage.

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #2,727 of 5,364
Quote:
I can demo -

Monster VKTR
WeSC RZA Chambers and Street
Beats Solo HD,Pro,Studio and Mixr
Skullcandy Aviators

And thats about it in terms of the "upper end" of headphones of any kind.

I am actually thinking of going IEM again now, my current IEMs (Sony MDR EX500LP) are failing and thats why I wanted to find some new phones and I quite liked the idea of trying some portable on ears instead. However due to wearing glasses, I think trying to find a suitable pair that I know will work out is proving to be really difficult and maybe not worth the hassle, at least with IEMs I dont have to worry about the glasses thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds like demo'ing is important to you - so what can you demo?

Demo the Monster VKTR--run by a best buy and demo the Diamond Tears as well--and the Skullcandy Aviators. The others sound like crap.

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #2,728 of 5,364
Quote:
Guys, i want something comfortable and portable... What is the best choice: AKG K450 or KSC75 ?? Do you have other sugestion ?
I wanna a headphone to listen to music, watch movies and play. I am not a hardcore user, i never had a good headphone like these.

Please guys, i need your help! I am new in the "headphone's world".

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #2,729 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:

Please guys, i need your help! I am new in the "headphone's world".

Those are to extremely different budget headphones. What is your budget?

Feb 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #2,730 of 5,364
Quote:
The problem I am having here is that you're looking for a over-ear but portable headphone. I may be wrong but most over-ears have very long cords. If you don't mind that I would suggest the [size=small][size=13px !important]AKG K167 TIESTO[/size], [/size][size=small][size=13px !important]Denon DNHP700 Pro DJ Headphones[/size][/size][size=small], and I'll throw in the [/size][size=small][size=13px !important]Logitech UE 6000 Headphones[/size]. [/size]The Logitech don't isolate the best but they are good headphones with moderate cable length that can be removed, active noise cancelling with batteries, and they are on sell. The AKG K167 are probably going to be your best bet as they isolate the best out of them, but the DNHP700 have the widest sound-stage.

well i took a look on the reviews of this items, and i found this "I honestly think the Tiesto brand hurts this headphone, because people will think it sounds like a DJ headphone, but it doesn't, it's sound like a true HIFI headphone." . What is teh difference between hifi headphones and dj`s?
Also i found some tests on a lot of songs, but none of them were my genre.
THIS REVIEW WITH SONGS :D
So i will put some songs which i have enjoyed :
Dub fx - Love me or not
nas- the don
busta rhymes - look at me now
Alan & kepa - sar catele

so will this headphones, akg k167 or denon dnhp700 pro dj, give me the full potential of this songs? also i am curious about the diff between dj`s and hifi headphones ( i got that this 2 are dj`s headphones, but very similar to hifi too )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back