Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jan 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #2,222 of 5,364
I got the harman/kardon cl from apple 2 days ago and like them but I was wondering if the vmoda m80 is better and if so how much better. Also how is the sound signature different?

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #2,224 of 5,364
I'm looking for any portable headphone that will still allow me to still hear what's going on around me--particularly voices--without bleeding sound out to everyone else, while listening at moderate volume.  Around $30 would be preferable, but I'll go up to $60.  I'd probably just get PX100s or PortaPros but I'm concerned about sound leaking out.  I used to have Yuin PK2s a couple years ago (until I lost them at airport security... grrrr) which I liked, but these are more than I want to spend now and it frustrates me remembering I only paid something like $55 for them at the time.  If there are canal phones that do a bad job of keeping out outside noise I would consider them.

So what are my best options here?

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #2,225 of 5,364
Hello,

I'm looking a for a new set of IEM's. Mine broke with New years eve, so it's time to pick up a new set.

Previously I've owned a Klipsch S4, it was decent, but I found the bass too overwhelming and I had a hard time distinguishing between instruments.

I've been looking up some reviews and I found the following;

Head-direct RE0

Phonak Audeó 012/022

Beyerdynamic MMX 101ie

Etymotic Research MC5 / MC2 / MC3

I mainly listen to metal (Metallica, Megadeth etc), Blues (Stevie ray vaughn, Rory gallagher) and funk.

So overall I listen to a lot of guitar music.

Can someone help me out?

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #2,226 of 5,364
hi everyone,
i am tempted to buy a 1964 v3 but i am 16 only going to be 17 in february.
and i have that ears grow fast. and the shape of my ears can change very quickly.
how often do i have to remold them? if its every 2 years i am fine with that.
but if its every 6 months i might think twice before buying.
and it a warm sounding ,organic iem right? somewhat like the ba200 i have right now?

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #2,227 of 5,364
I'm looking for a set of portable over ear closed headphones. I listen to a lot of hip-hop so bass is important to me. Price range should be $250 and below. I would like the to be foldable and to come with a detachable cable and a nice case to carry an e7 fiioportable amp.

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #2,228 of 5,364
Hello guys.

This is my first post so excuse me if I say something that might seem stupid.

I travel a lot, especially by airplane, and need a pair of decent IEM. I need them to have a great sound and good isolation.

I am not an addicted audiophile but I do like good music. I have a pretty decent stereo at home and I can say that my benchmark is a good one.

Since I know nothing about IEM, I need your help.

My budget is aroung 100 euros.

I am looking for great sound quality.

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #2,229 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm looking for any portable headphone that will still allow me to still hear what's going on around me--particularly voices--without bleeding sound out to everyone else, while listening at moderate volume.  Around $30 would be preferable, but I'll go up to $60.  I'd probably just get PX100s or PortaPros but I'm concerned about sound leaking out.  I used to have Yuin PK2s a couple years ago (until I lost them at airport security... grrrr) which I liked, but these are more than I want to spend now and it frustrates me remembering I only paid something like $55 for them at the time.  If there are canal phones that do a bad job of keeping out outside noise I would consider them.

So what are my best options here?

The JVC HAS400 are pretty good for the price. Very clean sound, with tight, controlled bass, rich mids but with a little roll-off in the treble. You can find them for as low as $26. Once burned-in they actually compete with headphones at a much higher price point. YOu could also consider the Panasonic HTF600, if you are looking for something more bassy.

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #2,230 of 5,364
ok so.... 7 questions in a row without answers. by the time somebody does answer any of these questions it will be several pages afterwards in this thread and i'll have to hunt down the specific answer im looking for, and even at that each question is only bound to recieve 1 or 2 replies. I really dont see the point to this rather than just making a new thread to ask a question. i dont even browse through this thread for ideas. it just seems like a big mess to me.

i just jumped in here to say that... i find it annoying every time i see a thread with someone seeking advice and the first person to reply simply links the op to this thread just to be a d-bag. it's not any better like this.

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #2,231 of 5,364
Hey Head-Fi'ers!

I'm in the market for a pair of IEMs under $100.  Looking for something that will allow me to hear whats going on around me with as little leakage of my music.  Mainly listening to EDM, or classical in these situations.  If anyone knows of a half decent pair I would really appreciate it!

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #2,233 of 5,364
I'm looking for a set of portable over ear closed headphones. I listen to a lot of hip-hop so bass is important to me. Price range should be $250 and below. I would like the to be foldable and to come with a detachable cable and a nice case to carry an e7 fiioportable amp.

detachable cables are really hard to find for the price. perhaps Ath-pro500 ?

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #2,234 of 5,364
Hey Head-Fi'ers!

I'm in the market for a pair of IEMs under $100.  Looking for something that will allow me to hear whats going on around me with as little leakage of my music.  Mainly listening to EDM, or classical in these situations.  If anyone knows of a half decent pair I would really appreciate it!

you might want to give Vsonic GR06 a try ? though the highs are not as clear for classical. perhaps, Fischer Consonance?

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #2,235 of 5,364
The R50 are closer to the 8320 in terms of bass quantity. But the GR07's bass is definitely not pronounced to the point where it would be fatiguing. It's very balanced, in line with the rest of the spectrum. Detail retrieval levels would be around the same, but the Rock-Its' are clearer, so everything's laid out in the open. Personally would go for the GR07 since it'd be a nice departure from the Monoprice FR.

i see, i think i will have to really give a test on the two to see which really suits me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back