Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Dec 31, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #2,206 of 5,364
Not a very big fan of bass, but I can just use the EQ on my Fiio Andes to make it less bass heavy (if the Downtowns are bass heavy, which I think they are..) I haven't tried the Stretch, but I'll take a look at those.

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #2,207 of 5,364
Hello i have an 80 dollar budget and i want to buy some new in ears this will be my first time buying headphones over 25 dollars so i need help ive been looking at the ne 700s for a while but they are not sold at any place or online sites ive looked at so anything similar to that would be nice. im looking for good bass but not too extreme and i want the sound quality to be nice

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #2,208 of 5,364
Woww
They are very impressive. The signature makes it really easy to dissect stuff, but the GR07s are no slouch. Imaging is about on par. Some people like to claim that the VSonics have a more natural presentation, but I wouldn't know about that. Natural is such a strange term.
Wowww, that's a really tough battle. The BA200, R50 and GR07. Which in your opinion will be the chosen one ? I will willingly let go of some bass for more details. Just like monoprice 8320. But definitely more bass coming from there. But don't bass to be so powerful that i feel fatiguing

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #2,209 of 5,364
High guys, ive been doing my homework for the past week and finally narrowed down my choice of first BAs to the BA200 or Westone 2 TF.

I have a FiiO E11 amp, other phones include PX-100-II, Philips O'Neal Stretch, Koss Porta Pro, Brainwavz m4, HiSound Popo. 

I prefer the sound of the M4 and the Portapro among my inventory. Usually for Electronica, Rock, Classic Rock, k-pop/j-pop, a bit of Hiphop, jazz, sometimes classical.

I was wondering which would fit my bill? locally i can get the BA200 for $200 and W2 at $250.

I'm also concerned about the durability of the TDK BA200. :)

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #2,212 of 5,364
Hey,
I'm kinda new and looking for portable headphones (no IEMs) with a bugdet of 200$. I listen mostly to classical jazz and rock. I would prefer them to have a very sturdy build or to come with a case so I can throw em in my backpack. I've looked into the top choices for portables in this price and found the V-mda m-80s most suitable, although I don't know how do they cope with classical. Any suggestion would be appreciated :)

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #2,213 of 5,364
Hey guys,

Would you please comment about buying cks99.

Currently i am using cks70 for 2 years and i am very happy with cks70.

-Do you recommend me to buy cks99 ?
-Will i have a far experience with cks99 after cks70 ?
-or do you suggest me anything else?

THANKS.

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #2,214 of 5,364
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a new pair of IEM's . I mostly listen to JRock like MUCC, Galneryus, and Versailles. My budget is around $90. I've been doing research, but I'm conflicted in choosing something. I've heard good things about the GR06, M2, M3. ANy help would be much appreciated.

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #2,215 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm seeking advice on the most suitable... (rest deleted)

Well, after many hours of research and much soul searching things have clarified greatly.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to making this such a great forum.

Cheers,

O.

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #2,216 of 5,364
Hi I'm looking for an upgrade to my Meelec M6.
My budget is $50 but I can go up to $70 max.
I mainly listen to rock, jpop and kpop on my Fuze.
I'd like to try a high detailed/high clarity earphone if possible.

Happy New Year.

Jan 1, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #2,217 of 5,364
Hi,

Been off the scene for a couple of years but have about $220 to spend in Korea but bewildered with the choices out there these days.

I listen to electronica, chill out mostly, Pink Floyd, and a bit of house.
I use the subway often, three to four hours a day.

I'm looking for a good isolating IEM, wearing down if possible.

I've identified the following phones which fall within my budget here.

ACS T15
T-PEOS H-100
Final Audio Design Heaven IV

Which is best for my styles in music, or are there any other candidates out there?

Previously owned Etymotic ER4P, which I liked greatly but bass was ultimately lacking. Klipsch Image X5, but the cable broke, liked the signature. Sleek Audio SA6, went through three cables. Panasonic HJE900, driver died after a couple of years. Again, I liked them, but a touch too warm.

In Korea, CK10, GRO7 to name a few are around the $300 mark so out of budget.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,

Jan 1, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #2,218 of 5,364

Won't be able to help any more for a while after this, sorry 
frown.gif
 See location

Quote:
Hello i have an 80 dollar budget and i want to buy some new in ears this will be my first time buying headphones over 25 dollars so i need help ive been looking at the ne 700s for a while but they are not sold at any place or online sites ive looked at so anything similar to that would be nice. im looking for good bass but not too extreme and i want the sound quality to be nice

Music genres, comfort, isolation, build?

Check out the GR02 Bass and M2s for some nice bassy sets at that price. 

Quote:
Woww,
Wowww, that's a really tough battle. The BA200, R50 and GR07. Which in your opinion will be the chosen one ? I will willingly let go of some bass for more details. Just like monoprice 8320. But definitely more bass coming from there. But don't bass to be so powerful that i feel fatiguing

The R50 are closer to the 8320 in terms of bass quantity. But the GR07's bass is definitely not pronounced to the point where it would be fatiguing. It's very balanced, in line with the rest of the spectrum. Detail retrieval levels would be around the same, but the Rock-Its' are clearer, so everything's laid out in the open. Personally would go for the GR07 since it'd be a nice departure from the Monoprice FR.

Quote:
Hi to all, i have to buy a new set of earphone for my samsung s3, i was thinking on Sony MHC1 (not wirless), it's a good choice? I choose them because i read that works the next/play/stop button..
Thanks

Budget? Is the mic/remote function a necessity? Sound preferences? Comfort, isolation, build a factor? Any preferred music genres?

Quote:
Hey,
I'm kinda new and looking for portable headphones (no IEMs) with a bugdet of 200$. I listen mostly to classical jazz and rock. I would prefer them to have a very sturdy build or to come with a case so I can throw em in my backpack. I've looked into the top choices for portables in this price and found the V-mda m-80s most suitable, although I don't know how do they cope with classical. Any suggestion would be appreciated :)

They'd do good all round. Classical would be a cinch. They are very smooth for jazz. Slightly bass emphasized. Definitely built nicely, can see people throwing them in backpacks with no worries (although it'd probably be best to use the included carrying case). 

A900X and the K550 would do better sound-wise for classical specifically, but definitely not as rugged or portable.

Quote:
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a new pair of IEM's . I mostly listen to JRock like MUCC, Galneryus, and Versailles. My budget is around $90. I've been doing research, but I'm conflicted in choosing something. I've heard good things about the GR06, M2, M3. ANy help would be much appreciated.

The GR06's tonality would probably suit JRock better. See mostly visual kei stuff, that's usually not very treble heavy like some other JPop stuff, more vocal/midrange oriented. And the VSonics definitely have a smooth, lush midrange. The SE215 and the PFE012 would also do well with that, slightly above budget though.

Quote:
Hi I'm looking for an upgrade to my Meelec M6.
My budget is $50 but I can go up to $70 max.
I mainly listen to rock, jpop and kpop on my Fuze.
I'd like to try a high detailed/high clarity earphone if possible.

Happy New Year.

High clarity - the ADDIEM, E30, RE0 (especially in terms of sound). Any thoughts on build or comfort?  

Happy New Year to all! Hope everyone finds what they're looking for (in terms of headphones, of course) next year!

Won't be able to help any more for a while after this, sorry 
frown.gif
 See location. Hopefully others will help pick up for a few weeks/months.

Jan 1, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #2,219 of 5,364
Quote:

High clarity - the ADDIEM, E30, RE0 (especially in terms of sound). Any thoughts on build or comfort?  

Happy New Year to all! Hope everyone finds what they're looking for (in terms of headphones, of course) next year!

Personally I like the low profile of my M6 and their comfort, but I can do without it.
Any suggestions over ears like my M6?

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #2,220 of 5,364
Rock it sounds R-50 - $120 / HiFiman RE262 - $120 / TDK BA200 - $135 / X10 - $90 - Also other suggestions are welcomed (under $150)

Listen to mainstream R&B (musiq/Dru Hill), Rock (GNR/RedHotCP/Metallica), HipHop (DMX/2Pac), Country (Toby Keith/Rascal Flats) and movies. Will pair with iPhone and E07 or E11.
-Great soundstage
-Would like a well balanced sound for all genres/movies
-Comfortable with included tips (don't want to have to buy extra things)
-Isolation is a must!
-Also, currently I have the CAL! closed HP - would like something that would never make me want to put these on again.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back