Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Nov 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #1,441 of 5,364
Quote:

Yeah, the whole FR up to 28k and the likes, really just advertising.

If you could do the separate mic thing, that'd be pretty cool. Opens you up to a whole new playing field of cans. What was your budget again (Sorry, I forgot)?

I'm looking to cap out at around 80, but I could probably go very slightly higher if it's worth it.

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #1,442 of 5,364
Quote:

I'm looking to cap out at around 80, but I could probably go very slightly higher if it's worth it.

Hmm, at that price, you might still want to consider the Downtowns. Also look into the CAL! and SRH440. Maybe Doc can chime in on whether the JVC HA-S500 would work for metal and electronic. 

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #1,443 of 5,364
Hi, I am new here and considering these after research:

Monster Turbine PRO Copper 
Klipsch Image X10i, (would prefer X10, but discontinued)
Sony XBA 3
denon ah-c250
denon ah-c300
Sennheiser CX 985
Sennheiser IE 60
Etymotic Research ER-4PT
Bowers and Wilkins C5
Shure 215 or 315 (whichever is better)

The factors most important to me in descending order are:
Sound
Comfort (would like to listen for hours without any comfort issues)
Build Quality
Isolation
Value (want to keep it under $300)

my listening mostly consists of melodic hard rock, alternative, metal, and electronic/trance.  i do prefer a little extra bass but i still want solid clarity and well defined details in the mids and highs.   i plan on using with an android phone and pc.

what do you think would be the 3 best headphones out of these according to my tastes/preferences?   i am not interested in the JVC FX700, GR07,UE TF10Pro,or RE272+ZO2 as I cannot find a legit seller for any of these. i am also not interested in intrusive headphones like the yamaha eph-100.  I am open to other suggestions though.

thanks

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #1,444 of 5,364
Does anyone know the size of the Westone 4 housing compared to the Meelec M6? The M6 housing was just too big to fit comfortably - couldn't get a good seal and they fell out easily. The W4s sound nice but the housing looks similar.

Nov 23, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #1,445 of 5,364
Since i'm heaving no luck with my post, i'll try to post here.
i'm searching for a pair of fairly portable quality headphones that i will use with a smartphone and maybe a amplifier or something like that.
They must hit the AKG K450 pricetag or low.
I need a hard carrying case, because i don't want to damage my headphones travelling with heavy loads over it etc..

Any advice guys?

Thanks to all in advice.

Best regards.

Nov 23, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #1,446 of 5,364
Guys, I've posted a few pages ago for a help choosing headphones.

I came to the JVC HA-S500 as the chosen one.

Buuuut, today I got the opportunity to get that Sony MDR-V6 for a SUPER price, almost15 dollars cheaper than the S500...

Which one should I go for ?

It's portable (it isn't ?), reviews says it's one of the "best" for it's price range, and I can get cheaper than the S500, con you help me ?

Nov 23, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #1,448 of 5,364
Does anyone know the size of the Westone 4 housing compared to the Meelec M6? The M6 housing was just too big to fit comfortably - couldn't get a good seal and they fell out easily. The W4s sound nice but the housing looks similar.

The housing for the W4 is bigger than the M6. The cable is not as rigid though (man that M6 is a bad headphone).

The seal and falling out has little to do with the housing size unless the outer ear cavity there is simply to small to squeeze it into. The tips that you select will make the difference usually and westone comes with a large variety of tip sizes and types.

edit:

Here I took a pic for you:

b6f431f822ea036483871cc3d2216502.jpg

Nov 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #1,449 of 5,364
Hi, I am new here and considering these after research:

Monster Turbine PRO Copper 

Klipsch Image X10i, (would prefer X10, but discontinued)

Sony XBA 3

denon ah-c250

denon ah-c300

Sennheiser CX 985

Sennheiser IE 60

Etymotic Research ER-4PT

Bowers and Wilkins C5

Shure 215 or 315 (whichever is better)

The factors most important to me in descending order are:

Sound

Comfort (would like to listen for hours without any comfort issues)

Build Quality

Isolation

Value (want to keep it under $300)

my listening mostly consists of melodic hard rock, alternative, metal, and electronic/trance.  i do prefer a little extra bass but i still want solid clarity and well defined details in the mids and highs.   i plan on using with an android phone and pc.

what do you think would be the 3 best headphones out of these according to my tastes/preferences?   i am not interested in the 
JVC FX700, GR07,
UE TF10Pro,or RE272+ZO2 
as I cannot find a legit seller for any of these. i am also not interested in intrusive headphones like the yamaha eph-100.  
I am open to other suggestions though.

thanks

Go to earphone solutions online store. They are running a 30% off right now on thee site. You should be able to get a Westone 4R for $350 or a UM3X for $300 if you are looking for more bass. Both are a siginifigant jump to the ones you have listed in the main. You will NOT regret getting one of those particularly the W4 IMO.

edit: coupon code THANKS2012

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #1,450 of 5,364
Possibly, though there are a lot of sales from today to Monday so it opens up more options.

Yes as TwinQY suggested the S500 is liked by a lot of people on that thread for EDM. I also agree the Downtowns are somethingn you should look into for only 40 bucks at bens outlet.

Since i'm heaving no luck with my post, i'll try to post here.
i'm searching for a pair of fairly portable quality headphones that i will use with a smartphone and maybe a amplifier or something like that.
They must hit the AKG K450 pricetag or low.
I need a hard carrying case, because i don't want to damage my headphones travelling with heavy loads over it etc..

Any advice guys?

Thanks to all in advice.

Best regards.

With no knowledge of what you are looking for in terms of sound it is hard to say. I saw one guy purchase a lens case to put his S400 and S500 in after he folds it up.

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #1,451 of 5,364
How bass heavy are the M50's? Not satisfied with my current offerings, and it looks like M50 is going to be the only go to headphone as its massively discounted at the moment.

I found that the koss dj100 (I tested out the 200, i assumed it would be the same) wasn't very bass heavy. Not really satisfied with my sennheiser 439's also, might try to mod them.

Also I've seen these massively discounted high end AKG's like this http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Acoustics-K-240-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA/ref=sr_1_9?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353695241&sr=1-9 and this http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU/ref=sr_1_7?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353695241&sr=1-7

Are those bass heavy at all? Or are they just ones that don't sell well and marked for discount?

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #1,452 of 5,364
How bass heavy are the M50's? Not satisfied with my current offerings, and it looks like M50 is going to be the only go to headphone as its massively discounted at the moment.

I found that the koss dj100 (I tested out the 200, i assumed it would be the same) wasn't very bass heavy. Not really satisfied with my sennheiser 439's also, might try to mod them.

Also I've seen these massively discounted high end AKG's like this http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Acoustics-K-240-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA/ref=sr_1_9?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353695241&sr=1-9 and this http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU/ref=sr_1_7?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353695241&sr=1-7
ir

Are those bass heavy at all? Or are they just ones that don't sell well and marked for discount?

No the M50 is not bass heavy.

Are you looking for a bass monster? I keep referring all the M50 requests to take a listen to the KNS8400. And my favorite bassy portable over ear I think is the UE6000.

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #1,453 of 5,364
Hi I'm looking for new IEMs to accompany my iPhone in my daily commute and activities. I want to keep the price to $100 max, and I've been looking at the Klipsch s4i (II), (second generation with a flat tangle free cord), the Shure SE215s, (my only gripe about this is that it doesnt come with an inline mic with controls, but i can live without it), and the Etymotic HF5s. Which ones do you guys suggest? 

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #1,454 of 5,364
Hi I'm looking for new IEMs to accompany my iPhone in my daily commute and activities. I want to keep the price to $100 max, and I've been looking at the Klipsch s4i (II), (second generation with a flat tangle free cord), the Shure SE215s, (my only gripe about this is that it doesnt come with an inline mic with controls, but i can live without it), and the Etymotic HF5s. Which ones do you guys suggest? 

List out you preferences in music listening and any other details of what kind of sound you want. Neutral?, bassy?, shimmery highs? or mor midrange? You will get better advice that way.

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #1,455 of 5,364
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the site, but have been following the fischer eterna v1s, and they seem to be the pair of IEMs perfect to what I'm looking for. But it seems now that they're all long gone and I'm SOL.
Does anyone know where i can find some or any ideas of an alternative to these with similar sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back