Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Nov 19, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #1,366 of 5,364
Hi, 

let's start with a disclaimer 
wink.gif

Disclaimer :wink:  
This questions pertains Koss KSC75 and AKG K403 only.  
biggrin.gif

So now to the question at hand:

Question:

So I have ksc75.
[size=small] Can anyone tell me how akg k403 compares with these? Are they much darker? Are there noticeably slower/faster? Are there any differences that I might notice at all?[/size]
[size=small]  [/size]
[size=small] Opinions of owners of both models are most welcome. [/size]
[size=small]  [/size]
[size=small]  [/size]
[size=small]  [/size]
[size=small] thanks in advance :)[/size]
[size=small] Szymek[/size]
[size=small] http://picasaweb.google.com/SzymekKozlowski[/size]

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #1,367 of 5,364

Quote:

I'm really drawn by the Phonaks, the sound signature is exactly what I'm looking for and enjoy, but the price here in Canada is about $200; is there something a little less expensive? Preferably around $100. I know it's hard to find similar quality for a lower price most of the time, so I understand if there a few more drawbacks. 

Yeah, you'll be hard pressed to find something similar sounding to the PFE122 at that price (PFE012, but probably still too expensive). Closest would be the lesser PFE012. But that's a bit more bass-tilted and less clear, although the tonality is nearly identical. GR06 has this liquid midrange you might like. Also look into the FXD80 (for punchy bass), A161P (forward mids, apparently, haven't heard them), RE262 (less practical, needs more power, but very liquid and smooth).

Quote:
Not sure where to put this, but didn't want to start a new thread.

I have some ADDIEMs while I wait for my Heirs to be built. Any recs for replacement triple flanges that fit? The ones that come with it just don't stay in very well...

I remember the Hybrids could fit the ADDIEM. And the MEelectronic triple flanges are around the same nozzle size as the Hybrids, so try those. 

Quote:
I am looking for some new IEM's. I started originally a thread asking for help, but I just found this thread and realized how my first approach was wrong. Sorry.

Here is my first post:

First of all I must excuse my english. It's not my first language, and i have very little practice writing it.

I am pretty new to good, portable sound and I am therefor in need of some advice and guiding when I am now planning on buying some new IME's. I listen mostly to rock and hip hop, and in that context I would like clear, good sounding vocals and a snappy bass.

As important as the sound is, I am really fan of good build quality. For me experienced quality is as important as actual quality.

The source will mainly be my iPod Touch 4th generation with a Fiio E6 conected via Fiio L3 - if it is at all necessary with the amp.

I am not intrested in mic's or any buttons on the cord.

Prices will of course vary from country to country. I find the prices where I am from to be somewhat higher than prices in the US, but not by much. Availability, on the other hand, is not good.

I appreciate all answers...

I would like to keep the price under $150

I hope I can get some help here.

FXD80. Seems to fit almost perfectly.

Quote:
looking for recommendations.
I have a budget of $120 and I listen to 90% rap. I wasn't something with loud deep bass, with good low and mid range. I love clean sounding bass that rumble

CKM50. I think the Thermalakes share the same OEM/design or something, so that's a cheaper alternative. There's a really bassy Sony IEM mentioned on the Discovery thread, can't remember what the name was though. 

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #1,372 of 5,364
Quote:

CKM50. I think the Thermalakes share the same OEM/design or something, so that's a cheaper alternative. There's a really bassy Sony IEM mentioned on the Discovery thread, can't remember what the name was though. 

are you talking about the Sony xb90ex or Sony MH1C? I pretty hard to find the xb90's anywhere on the net

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #1,380 of 5,364

Users who are viewing this thread

Back