Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Nov 19, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #1,351 of 5,364
Quote:
Thanks for the great suggestions! The PFE122 seem good, but I was unable to find them locally (Norway) meaning that the prices goes up around 20% in addition to a 20£ handling fee (yes our customs suck) bringing it way out of my price range. The SE215 I have looked at before and was unaware that there is a mic version of them. Is there a special postfix for the mic version i found SE215-CL and SE215-K. I did not find the microphone version anywhere although I saw you could order a cable with a mic from the official site.

Oh, wow, that handling fee looks painful. The mic version (SE215i) is basically the K but bundled with the mic cable. http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shure-se215-iphone-headphones.html. I wouldn't get them there because the shipping to Norway looks terribly expensive. Grab the K if you can, along with a separate mic. I guess look into the HF3 if you can as well.

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #1,354 of 5,364
Quote:

Since you've mentioned Soundmagic, the E30 is about as "balanced" as you can get at that price. Extremely balanced, inoffensive, clean sound. Makes me regret that I sold mine 
frown.gif

If I was to increase the budget, what else would you suggest?

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #1,357 of 5,364
Quote:
Oh, wow, that handling fee looks painful. The mic version (SE215i) is basically the K but bundled with the mic cable. http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shure-se215-iphone-headphones.html. I wouldn't get them there because the shipping to Norway looks terribly expensive. Grab the K if you can, along with a separate mic. I guess look into the HF3 if you can as well.

Thanks for the quick response. I might just get the Shure 215, and then worry about getting a mic cable, the HF3 were available locally but for a price of 200£ which is twice of what I am willing to pay. Guess I have pretty much made up my mind. Thanks for the help, it's because of guys like you we get to make great purchases ^^

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #1,358 of 5,364
Hi Guys! Need Advice :)

I need to find an IEM with around 100$-120$ Budget.
Must be good looking and has an over the ear design. I'm a basshead so the better the bass, the better the fun :)

Im interested in Shure SE215 vs Westone UM1

So which one of the two is better, bassier and more fun sounding? Or do you have any other recommendations too?

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #1,359 of 5,364
Quote:
Probably should have answered you in the old thread beforehand, sorry to make you have to wait!

I can't imagine the HF5 not fitting anybody's ears (they're thin, and straight, and plunge in like a knife - not as painful, obviously). It's (slightly) warmer than the ER4, which I would peg as being neutral in tonality. The bass is very, very tight. Only thing is that the treble is a bit revealing - smooth, but it's going to bring out all those nasty thing in your typical K-Pop recording. Try listening to some B2ST or KARA on these - ouch!

I'm guessing from all those other genres, you listen to stuff like Toy, IU, Loveholics, ballad stuff (well, it's what I would listen to). The PFE122 (I recommend these way too often, but they just suit so many people that it's hard not to) are just heavenly with that stuff. 

It's absolutely fine! The HF5's are ones that I'm considering, but since you mentioned the treble being revealing, I'm not too sure that would be the way to go, considering my ears are kind of sensitive to higher frequency sounds. The PFE122s, I haven't been introduced to them yet (but they look very nice), how is the overall sound signature on them, would you suggest them only primarily for ballads? Oddly enough, I don't listen to IU a lot, haha. 

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #1,360 of 5,364
Hey, Need advice also, i dont know much about iems,
my budget is around $150 - $200
i usually listen to Metal, Trance, Rock, Dubstep, and jazz.
i am looking for good soundstage, good mids and highs and bass extension, im not looking for boomy bass, but enough bass for trance and dubstep, 
also comfort is important. 

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #1,361 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi Guys! Need Advice :)

I need to find an IEM with around 100$-120$ Budget.
Must be good looking and has an over the ear design. I'm a basshead so the better the bass, the better the fun :)

Im interested in Shure SE215 vs Westone UM1

So which one of the two is better, bassier and more fun sounding? Or do you have any other recommendations too?

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

I think the SE215 would have more bass (haven't heard the UM, though, just gauging from other's impressions, so take with a huge grain of salt). The Shures are pretty fun sounding, but not too offensive. I think they'd be a good buy at that price.

Quote:
Hey, Need advice also, i dont know much about iems,
my budget is around $150 - $200
i usually listen to Metal, Trance, Rock, Dubstep, and jazz.
i am looking for good soundstage, good mids and highs and bass extension, im not looking for boomy bass, but enough bass for trance and dubstep, 
also comfort is important. 

FXD90 are just really good for metal and the likes. Seems to fit your sound specifications. 

Quote:

It's absolutely fine! The HF5's are ones that I'm considering, but since you mentioned the treble being revealing, I'm not too sure that would be the way to go, considering my ears are kind of sensitive to higher frequency sounds. The PFE122s, I haven't been introduced to them yet (but they look very nice), how is the overall sound signature on them, would you suggest them only primarily for ballads? Oddly enough, I don't listen to IU a lot, haha. 

The Phonaks are very balanced, clear but smooth sounding. Slightly warm, with laid-back treble. They work well with everything (their main strength) but they just do something with ballads that can't be put into words. They're also really small (single BA) so they should probably fit with your ears (I needed really large tips for mine)

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #1,362 of 5,364
Quote:
The Phonaks are very balanced, clear but smooth sounding. Slightly warm, with laid-back treble. They work well with everything (their main strength) but they just do something with ballads that can't be put into words. They're also really small (single BA) so they should probably fit with your ears (I needed really large tips for mine)

I'm really drawn by the Phonaks, the sound signature is exactly what I'm looking for and enjoy, but the price here in Canada is about $200; is there something a little less expensive? Preferably around $100. I know it's hard to find similar quality for a lower price most of the time, so I understand if there a few more drawbacks. 

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #1,364 of 5,364
I am looking for some new IEM's. I started originally a thread asking for help, but I just found this thread and realized how my first approach was wrong. Sorry.

Here is my first post:

First of all I must excuse my english. It's not my first language, and i have very little practice writing it.

I am pretty new to good, portable sound and I am therefor in need of some advice and guiding when I am now planning on buying some new IME's. I listen mostly to rock and hip hop, and in that context I would like clear, good sounding vocals and a snappy bass.

As important as the sound is, I am really fan of good build quality. For me experienced quality is as important as actual quality.

The source will mainly be my iPod Touch 4th generation with a Fiio E6 conected via Fiio L3 - if it is at all necessary with the amp.

I am not intrested in mic's or any buttons on the cord.

Prices will of course vary from country to country. I find the prices where I am from to be somewhat higher than prices in the US, but not by much. Availability, on the other hand, is not good.

I appreciate all answers...

I would like to keep the price under $150

I hope I can get some help here.

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #1,365 of 5,364
Not sure where to put this, but didn't want to start a new thread.

I have some ADDIEMs while I wait for my Heirs to be built. Any recs for replacement triple flanges that fit? The ones that come with it just don't stay in very well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back