Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
May 21, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #707 of 5,364
Quote:
the fx 700 seem hard to find unless in the fs section?

and ive heard good things bout the ie8

as of now im looking into the pro golds which ive owned before, the ie80, and the fx700 which i cant find from a dealer new? though the fact they are wood is troublesome

they aren't.. they're very durable

the golds don't have sweet highs like the fx700 gives and the very airy highs of the ie80s.. perhaps you should save more a little to get them they're worth it.. the turbines has durability issues especially on its housings

May 21, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #708 of 5,364
where can they be bought from??? i cant find a dealer on google. and i seem to like the idea of them 700 or ie8 at the moment. ill be lurking the fs section i guess.

May 22, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #710 of 5,364
Like I said a few pages back, get the FX700 lol. Every time I try seyo shop it's down but there seem to be some legitimate listings on eBay shipped by EMS from Japan for a good $50 cheaper than elsewhere. Otherwise you're coming up on $400 for them.

GR07 (from experience) or FXT90 (from just about everyone else lol) to save some cash =)

May 22, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #712 of 5,364
Hey! I'm buying a pair of IEMs for a girl friend of mine.  I'm looking for something available in a white color and with iPod control.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I've considered the S4i, but I know there is better out there..

Thanks!

May 22, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #715 of 5,364
Hey! I'm buying a pair of IEMs for a girl friend of mine.  I'm looking for something available in a white color and with iPod control.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I've considered the S4i, but I know there is better out there..

Thanks!

Hey dude! U should get the jays four! It's in white and has iPod control! The cable is cool too! Does ur gf care bout sound quality??

May 22, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #716 of 5,364
Quote:

Yeah, I don't think you need to worry. You may even get it at Christmas time for 25% off. But Earphonesolutions has a 20% off a couple times a year. 

Sorry to ask, but how do I get this cupom?
    Without it, it's the same price as in europe, so, if I can't get it, it wouldn't make that much diference.

May 22, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #717 of 5,364
Quote:
    Sorry to ask, but how do I get this cupom?
    Without it, it's the same price as in europe, so, if I can't get it, it wouldn't make that much diference.

The current 20% coupon is active20. 

They always have a coupon though on Thanksgiving weekend. This year it is around November 22. You can sign up for emails from EarphoneSolutions and they'll send the coupon code to you, although they are normally pretty easy to find on the forum. 

You can get it shipped to Brazil right now for $434 through international fedex. I know Brazil customs are ridiculous though. 

May 22, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #718 of 5,364
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new pair of IEM to replace my SE 315. They still work fine but I'm looking for something that's a bit more fun. More specifically, I want something with a warmer sound and has a bit more bass but doesn't sacrifice too much clarity in the process. I will be using them on the go so they need to be pretty durable as well.

Source - Ipod Touch 3G
Music Genre - Ballad, Instrumental, Trance, Hip-hop
Budget - Ideally below $250

I know it's above my listed budget, but I've been tempted by the Westone3 lately, should I just grab those instead?

May 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #719 of 5,364
Quote:

The current 20% coupon is active20. 

They always have a coupon though on Thanksgiving weekend. This year it is around November 22. You can sign up for emails from EarphoneSolutions and they'll send the coupon code to you, although they are normally pretty easy to find on the forum. 

You can get it shipped to Brazil right now for $434 through international fedex. I know Brazil customs are ridiculous though. 

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shure-brasil.html

This almost convinced me to shop there, unfortunatly, I'm not going to Orlando anytime soon.
Well, my original schedule was to buy the westone 4 in july, and try getting an open-headphone in the late 2013, since I never used an open an I read all the time here that usualy open-headphones a great. In July I'm going to Germany, and possibily a couple of days in Paris, so it's a possibility to buy to try an Sennheiser or an Beyerdynamics there, who nows with a smaller price?

Well, my question is more of schedule than of anything else.
Recently I lost my first pair of HF5 in a work meeting, and ended up buying another through amazon shipping to Brazil and didn't like the customs but it was my only iem and since it's the only one I have to use for both daily comute and work, I took a deep breath and got it. I don't want to even think paying US$ 930 for the Westone 4R(calculating with the value I got from HF5).

I don't want to stay with only one iem here-on and that was one of the reasons I was planning to buy the westone 4 now. I don't have any urge to buy a fullsized since I have an K550 stationed @ home where it should be.

I'll sign up for earphone solutions mail-list, but still, would you have any recomendation? I don't have any trouble waiting, but I would like to wait knowing it's the best choice.

May 23, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #720 of 5,364
Quote:

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shure-brasil.html

This almost convinced me to shop there, unfortunatly, I'm not going to Orlando anytime soon.
Well, my original schedule was to buy the westone 4 in july, and try getting an open-headphone in the late 2013, since I never used an open an I read all the time here that usualy open-headphones a great. In July I'm going to Germany, and possibily a couple of days in Paris, so it's a possibility to buy to try an Sennheiser or an Beyerdynamics there, who nows with a smaller price?

Well, my question is more of schedule than of anything else.
Recently I lost my first pair of HF5 in a work meeting, and ended up buying another through amazon shipping to Brazil and didn't like the customs but it was my only iem and since it's the only one I have to use for both daily comute and work, I took a deep breath and got it. I don't want to even think paying US$ 930 for the Westone 4R(calculating with the value I got from HF5).

I don't want to stay with only one iem here-on and that was one of the reasons I was planning to buy the westone 4 now. I don't have any urge to buy a fullsized since I have an K550 stationed @ home where it should be.

I'll sign up for earphone solutions mail-list, but still, would you have any recomendation? I don't have any trouble waiting, but I would like to wait knowing it's the best choice.

There is a used Westone 4R that just came up in the for sale thread here yesterday. $360 w/ an hours use.

Westone 4R is tough to beat. What kind of music do you listen to? Depending on the kind of music, my current favorite is the GR10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back