Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
May 1, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #602 of 5,364

Hi, guys!

I am looking for a pair of IEMs for around 50 pounds to use with my cowon j3. I had read lots of reviews and had nearly decided to go for vsonic gr06, but unluckily I found this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/592312/60-iem-vsonic-gr06-vs-sm-e30-vs-fa-eterna-vs-mee-a151/15 and now I am totally confused. I mostly listen to rock, old heavy metal (Iron Maiden, Megadeath...), some nu-metal (Thousand Foot Crunch) and electronics (Daft Punk). So I need a piece of advice on what to choose. May be I should go for shure se215? I will also be very grateful if You could recommend any European authorized dealers, that ship around the Europe (frogbeats is out of stock of everything, amazon often do not ship to Latvia).

May 1, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #603 of 5,364

Quote:

Someone?

I've had both, so here are my 2c. The GR07 an EX600 share a similar signature, balanced/neutral. The difference is that the ex600 has more midbass, and the gr07 has more sub bass. This makes the gr07 very slightly leaner than the ex600, and it's slightly faster, with better instrument timbre to my ears. The fit of the gr07 spanks the ex600 though.

May 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #604 of 5,364

Quote:

I've had both, so here are my 2c. The GR07 an EX600 share a similar signature, balanced/neutral. The difference is that the ex600 has more midbass, and the gr07 has more sub bass. This makes the gr07 very slightly leaner than the ex600, and it's slightly faster, with better instrument timbre to my ears. The fit of the gr07 spanks the ex600 though.

Thanks! In this case, since they sound so similar, I just pick the MDR-EX600, with a seller that I think it must be reliable..
Thanks for the help, guys

May 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #605 of 5,364
May 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #606 of 5,364

I am looking for a decent IEM as I am starting to listen to alot of music lately. After some researches I found the Shure SE215 to be within the $100 price range with nice feedback form the community. So is there any good alternatives within that range? Also, I am planning to wear them while at work, i.e. long hours. So is there any hazards for wearing them that long?

May 1, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #607 of 5,364
Quote:
I am looking for a decent IEM as I am starting to listen to alot of music lately. After some researches I found the Shure SE215 to be within the $100 price range with nice feedback form the community. So is there any good alternatives within that range? Also, I am planning to wear them while at work, i.e. long hours. So is there any hazards for wearing them that long?

The biggest hazard is that the longer you listen to an iem the more likely you want "that feeling" and keep turning up the volume.
Other stellar recommendations in the sub $100 field are the Etymotic HF5; you should check out the GR06.
If you haven't looked at it, this thread is stellar http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-236-iems-compared-vsonic-gr06-gr01-added-04-19-12

May 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #609 of 5,364
Quote:
To my country, there is only bank transfer =(. I prefer paypal, so I got from ebay. Maybe in the end of the month they arrive here..

Aw, sorry to hear that. Let us know what you think in the EX600 thread when you get them.

May 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #610 of 5,364
Hi everyone

I've been lurking for a while and reading ljokerl's awesome IEM review thread and I'm about ready to jump and buy a new pair - but I'm having real trouble deciding.

I've got my shortlist down to these:

Yamaha EPH-100         - £80
Shure E215                     - £72
HiSoundAudio Crystal   - £70

I am open to alternatives though in the same kind of price range, as long as they can be had from a reputable dealer to the UK.​
 ​
- I'm upgrading from some Senn cx300 mkIIs so I expect I'll get a big upgrade regardless but at the minute i'm kind of frozen by indecision. Oh and I'll be listening from a Cowon C2.​
 ​
I'm no basshead but I do like a full warm sound, not too cold or tinny but I also want as much detail as I can get at the same time.​
 ​
Anyhoo, advice much appreciated.​

May 2, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #611 of 5,364
I need a few recommendations on IEMs that are in the 100-150 range, comfortable, and are not cable over the ear style that will stay in place while moving. I like a little bass as well.

May 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #612 of 5,364
Hi,

id like to ask for advise in buying over ear headphones.

I use my iphone along with a jabra BT3030 as sources.

I mostly listen to audiobooks and I can spend around $60-$100 range.

thanks!

May 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #614 of 5,364
I'm looking for headphones on ear headphones that need to be comfortable as well as nice sounding.

Sources will be a PA2V2 connected to my iPhone/iPad and computer playing music, movies and games.

I commute to work and live in a noisy house so very good isolation is a must. I also listen to audiobooks and long podcasts so comfort for long periods of time is equally essential.

My research led me to the B&W P5s, which come highly recommended by everyone who isn't an audiophile. While the price is jarring it's not off putting, however that is my absolute limit.

What would you guys recommend?

May 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #615 of 5,364
Can this thread and the portable headphone forum please be split between In ear and on ear headphones.?

I find it impossible to search for info about over ear as most threads are in ear.
please?

pretty please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back