Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Apr 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #571 of 5,364
Hello,
I'm looking for a pair of in-ear's for my phone and laptop. I don't know much about everything, but I will describe my needs.
I listen to Queen, the White Stripes, the Prodigy, Daft Punk and Bloc Party. I read good things about the Etymotic HF5, but also some things about the bass. I don't really understand what they mean. Should I consider the HF5 or does someone have a better option(shure 215?)? My budget is €120, so the HF5 is the max.

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #572 of 5,364
At that price, I'd totally recommend the GR07. Amazing bass and great mids. The HF5 is one of my favorite budget earphones but for those bands, I'd go with the GR07; for classical, I give the nod to the HF5. The only caveat is if you need a ton of sound isolation; then I'd go for the HF5. But I'd go with the GR07 if you can (and I think it is within your price range).

Quote:
Hello,
I'm looking for a pair of in-ear's for my phone and laptop. I don't know much about everything, but I will describe my needs.
I listen to Queen, the White Stripes, the Prodigy, Daft Punk and Bloc Party. I read good things about the Etymotic HF5, but also some things about the bass. I don't really understand what they mean. Should I consider the HF5 or does someone have a better option(shure 215?)? My budget is €120, so the HF5 is the max.

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #574 of 5,364
My Rig: Marantz CD6004, IPOD Classic 160gb, PC
Type of usage: Music listening
File format: CD
Music genre: Jazz, Rock, Classical, Orchestra, Vocal, Blues
Budget: Below $300
Headphone/ earphone type: IEM/Portable Headphone
Other requirements (if any): sound produced by the IEM to be neutral and non-coloured, truthful.

Plan to buy myself a portable amp after this, any recommendation too?

Thanks for your time and have a nice day. 

Apr 21, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #575 of 5,364
Hey guys....

Still looking for some portable headphones....

Source: iPhone 4
Quality: 320kbps or better
Music: dance/house music
Amp: fiio e11
Desire: portable on ear closed back headphones

Ideally with removable cable - but not essential, if the cable is straight

Budget: £250 absolute max and available in uk

Cheers

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #576 of 5,364
HI , every one

plz help me to choose the best In-Ear headset for my Uses

my Uses : Pop Music , podcast , movies , calling , may be computer games " really for hard work ^_^ "

but i need best noise cancellation Cuz i listing music at work , walking  , traffic

Thanx , everyone ^_^

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #577 of 5,364
I have AKG K450 headphones and AKG Q350 IEM's, and I wanted to buy new ones to get different sounds and know a little better.
So I wanted to know, what is the difference between the Grado SR60i and the Grado SR80i? I heard they were really good open headphones, and I wanted to try these.
And, how do the Sennheiser HD 25SP II compare with the original HD 25-1 II? I really cant afford the HD 25, but I wanted to know the difference.
And finally, how does the HD 25SP II compare with these Grado models?
Also, will buying a Fiio E6 for my iPod improve the quality of the sound of my AKG's? Or just the volume?
Thanks in advance.

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #578 of 5,364
I'm looking for a pair of headphones for workout. IEMs preferred. I was thinking of the monster powerbeats, even though it's probably just another overpriced product of marketing. Any other recommendations for a pair of workout iems? I'm willing to spend up to $200 and my workout music consists of hip-hop, rock, and epic orchestrals

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #579 of 5,364
Hello everyone. I'm new here. Anyways, going to go straight to the point. I have a pair of beats solo(hd) headphones;red. I'm thinking about making the transition to custom IEMs as I've read many reviews about it. I used to have earbuds, which were decent and I actually liked it,the fact that I can listen to my music with minimal noise interference from outside. I mainly listen to soft techno(is there such a thing?), electronically made(?) classical music and the normal orchestric music. I usually don't really like listening to pop or rock. I guess I'm more inclined to listen to new age type of music?Any advice would be great.
P.s I greatly appreciate it and I haven't decided on my budget yet, need to know first. Thinking about Westone. Oh, I don't really like too much bassy feedback,gives me a headache.

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #580 of 5,364
Needs:
  1. Transportable: stationary w/ laptop, not jogging w/MP3 player. I’m considering both full cans and IEMs. There’s not much room to add to my daily gear, but cans that fold up really tightly might do. If I do get cans, I’d prefer circumaural.
  2. Isolation: both blocking external noise and preventing leakage. I should be able to use these to my comfort in a noisy room or to others’ in a library.
  3. Bass: I’m used to the sound of the Sennheiser HD595. It has a good range (I can hear it down to about 10 Hz if I turn it up enough), but sometimes I wish it had a bit more power at the bottom end, and I use smiley face EQ pretty often. I really need my bass, but not at the expense of clarity. :)
  4. Agility: I listen to reasonably complex music, such as symphonic metal. That means heavy percussion, dirty guitars, clean vocals, and bowed strings, all at the same time.
  5. Accuracy: I listen to FLACs whenever possible. Enough said.

Negotiable:
  1. Price: I don’t have an exact price range, but let’s say less than USD250.
  2. Comfort: It would be nice if I could use these to help me fall asleep when traveling, but that’s not a huge deal. I’ve managed to fall asleep with both the HD595 and stock iPod earbuds. The idea of rolling around with something pushed deep in my ear makes me a bit uncomfortable, though.

Sample Music: Ayreon, Bellefire, Celldweller, Delain, Hinder, Karpatenhund, Mesh, Neuroticfish, Nightwish, Poets of the Fall, Sabaton, Star One, Turisas, van Canto, VNV Nation, Within Temptation. See my profile for more details if you care.

I’ve put a good deal of time into going through the big comparison threads and have picked out four candidates. Do these fit with my requirements? Which would you recommend? I only really know the sound of speakers, open cans, and horrible stock earbuds, so I’m at a bit of a loss here.
  1. Klipsch Image X10
  2. Fischer Audio DBA-02 mkII
  3. VSonic GR07
  4. Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Also, in this price bracket, is an amp or DAC worth it? If so, would a FiiO E7 suffice, or is the iBasso D-Zero worth the extra money?

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #582 of 5,364

Quote:
Hello? Anyone there? Is this thread dying? hopefully not

Find a rough budget first. Sounds like you're looking for buds that work well with ambient/classical music though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back