Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Apr 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #482 of 5,364
You can easily have both. If you want the best isolation in the world, Comply P-series is it. But it does make ur IEM sound more bassy. It doesn't remove any detail (new audiophile here) but it does add more of a deep, slightly muffled sounding bass on top of what the IEM regularly sounds like. So you aren't losing anything, just gaining something extra.
Now as for sound... I can personally recommend the W3 as I have it and it is the best thing I have ever heard in an IEM. But that thing is $300. Not sure what you are looking for, but tell the forum what you like and I'm sure they will help you out.
Also, I wanted to add, I have gotten a custom IEM before and I can still say the P-series will give you the best isolation in the world. It's also very comfy.

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #483 of 5,364

Quote:
Hi guys,

I recently lost my X10 so now I'm looking for a replacement. D:
I'm looking at a price range of around USD150. I mostly listen to pop music with vocals, and occasionally rock or instrumentals. Thus, I want clear mids or highs but I don't mind too much bass (I like the bass level of the S4). My music source are all 320kbps mp3 (if that matters). Also, the isolation should not be too bad as I listen to music in public.

Currently thinking of the thinksound ms01, RE0, Brainwavz M2. Any comments on these in-ears and any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thank you.

After reading intensively yesterday, I've changed my shortlist. SE215 and RE262. Any comments on these? 

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #484 of 5,364

Quote:

After reading intensively yesterday, I've changed my shortlist. SE215 and RE262. Any comments on these? 

RE262's are much better, especially if you want to focus on voice and aren't too crazy about bass

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #486 of 5,364
I was thinking of a new idea. One slightly more efficient and organized.

Since what I mostly see are people not answering the basic essentials that are crucial for the ones doing the recommendations.
I get it that most people want an " a > b answer" but it's quite often not the case.

Maybe have a set amount of questions the asker should first consider, as well as links easily accessible comparing the usual suspects (iems or cans).
After that, we can have volunteers list only the very familiar or currently owned products they feel comfortable giving accurate impressions on. Thus, a whole list of members that have the time to respond to private messages regarding the object directly. without it becoming a mass of un-organized personal recommendations on here.

Too may times I see biased over-exaggerated statements made hastily without a point of reference in comparison. Such things also fail to include important factors to the in-experienced asker. Maybe the volunteers should also consider key questions in their responses including efficiency, comfort, etc.

I just find it an overall more clean system. Fresh simple list of members who directly state the names of whatever products they can give help with (Let's limit this to only a couple- not everything you've owned before- but only those intimately familiar with). Easy communication via pm.
In fact, even have products by price range. And the names of people next to them that can be contacted.

Let me know if this is something beneficial.

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #487 of 5,364

Quote:
Hi guys,

I recently lost my X10 so now I'm looking for a replacement. D:
I'm looking at a price range of around USD150. I mostly listen to pop music with vocals, and occasionally rock or instrumentals. Thus, I want clear mids or highs but I don't mind too much bass (I like the bass level of the S4). My music source are all 320kbps mp3 (if that matters). Also, the isolation should not be too bad as I listen to music in public.

Shure SE215/315

Apr 8, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #492 of 5,364
And of course no one bothered to read the wall of text.

My fault if I thought people would actually find it helpful...

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #493 of 5,364

Quote:
And of course no one bothered to read the wall of text.
My fault if I thought people would actually find it helpful...

I read it, it's just going to get lost in the dozens of pages of people asking what IEM is better

Apr 8, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #494 of 5,364

You'll have to do some searching to see what you can find about the bass but the Yuin PK 1 has been long respected as a top notch bud; you'll have to get a little amp like the E11 to drive it well, though.
Quote:
Thank you for the response! Though, I was wondering if there are any earbuds (like the stock apple ones) that can compete with IEMs..

Apr 8, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #495 of 5,364

I think if you could get everyone to give more information it would be useful: budget, amped/unamped, isolation requirement, music preference, etc. etc.

As far as responding to people's requests for help, I'm just one among many headfi voices. The reality is that no one has listened to all the options; my experience with some brands, music and sound signatures is limited. If I know nothing, I say nothing. If I think I can help, or at least give a good recommendation, I will toss a couple out there. But most people coming here want a quick recommendation of a couple options to consider because they feel daunted. I think this thread is working ok in pointing them in the right direction.

If there is one thing I could do, I would just make everyone read ljokerl and clieos' reviews (or even the comparative charts) before posting...but that will never happen :frowning2:
Quote:
I was thinking of a new idea. One slightly more efficient and organized.
Since what I mostly see are people not answering the basic essentials that are crucial for the ones doing the recommendations.
I get it that most people want an " a > b answer" but it's quite often not the case.
Maybe have a set amount of questions the asker should first consider, as well as links easily accessible comparing the usual suspects (iems or cans).
After that, we can have volunteers list only the very familiar or currently owned products they feel comfortable giving accurate impressions on. Thus, a whole list of members that have the time to respond to private messages regarding the object directly. without it becoming a mass of un-organized personal recommendations on here.
Too may times I see biased over-exaggerated statements made hastily without a point of reference in comparison. Such things also fail to include important factors to the in-experienced asker. Maybe the volunteers should also consider key questions in their responses including efficiency, comfort, etc.
I just find it an overall more clean system. Fresh simple list of members who directly state the names of whatever products they can give help with (Let's limit this to only a couple- not everything you've owned before- but only those intimately familiar with). Easy communication via pm.
In fact, even have products by price range. And the names of people next to them that can be contacted.
Let me know if this is something beneficial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back