Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Apr 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #466 of 5,364
Can someone comment between the following: GR01, PFE 112, UM2?

I was looking at the Westone 2 and Shure 425 but some things I've read have made me look more at the 3 above. I also read on a site that if you're simply using the iem with an iPhone, the 315's (at least for Shure) are as high as you should go? The 315 appeals to me on a few levels though I know it's only 1 driver. I don't want to end up with a flat, boring sound but I do enjoy clarity/balance. Thank you!!

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #467 of 5,364

Quote:
For $200, there's the M80 and HD25, both excellent portables, but with different sound signatures. You should go read some reviews and see which one suits your need better.

Yup. If you don't like muddy bass, avoid the HD25. 

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #468 of 5,364
Guy, help! Without worrying about price, should I get the Sony MDR-EX600(used) or the Shure SE215? I just need a pair of in-ears for when I don't want to bring my Westone 3 along with me. Main music is metal, so I do not need that bloated bass. I really love the sound of my W3, its got just enough bass without being overwhelming to me. Yes it has a little more bass than the other frequencies, but to me that's perfect. Thought a $10 skull candy would make a good road in-ear but that thing was so muddy and broke super fast. 
I have read that huge 200-some review thing, but I am sleepy atm, I will do more research later but if anyone has heard both please chime in!

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #469 of 5,364
Hi. I'm recently bought what I believe to be either Sunrise Xcape IE or the v.2 and i'm looking for something more balance, not like how it feels all warm and stuffy in its sound. Looking for an IEM that has the bass impact like them with clarity and good treble. A above-average or higher soundstage, vocals, and good separation of sounds are also high on the list. My max budget is about $100.

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #470 of 5,364
Hi guys,

I recently lost my X10 so now I'm looking for a replacement. D:
I'm looking at a price range of around USD150. I mostly listen to pop music with vocals, and occasionally rock or instrumentals. Thus, I want clear mids or highs but I don't mind too much bass (I like the bass level of the S4). My music source are all 320kbps mp3 (if that matters). Also, the isolation should not be too bad as I listen to music in public.

Currently thinking of the thinksound ms01, RE0, Brainwavz M2. Any comments on these in-ears and any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Apr 7, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #471 of 5,364
I was wondering what willbe the most suitable for me the v-moda m80, sennheiser hd25, hd598, ath m50, srh940, cd900st, ck100. I listen to alot of Japanese music- jpop, jrock, folk, female vocals etc.

I like good mids and highs. I also like a headphone that has a good soundstage and a lively/intimate feel to it. Music will be played directly from my cowon j3 without an amp.

Thanks.

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #474 of 5,364
I'd actually consider the HF5 if you need portability and noise isolation. If not, go with the EX600.

Quote:
Guy, help! Without worrying about price, should I get the Sony MDR-EX600(used) or the Shure SE215? I just need a pair of in-ears for when I don't want to bring my Westone 3 along with me. Main music is metal, so I do not need that bloated bass. I really love the sound of my W3, its got just enough bass without being overwhelming to me. Yes it has a little more bass than the other frequencies, but to me that's perfect. Thought a $10 skull candy would make a good road in-ear but that thing was so muddy and broke super fast. 
I have read that huge 200-some review thing, but I am sleepy atm, I will do more research later but if anyone has heard both please chime in!

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #475 of 5,364
I haven't heard all of those but from the ones I have, I don't think you could go wrong with the HD598. Great mids and highs, w/ good bass too, and an exceptional soundstage.

Quote:
I was wondering what willbe the most suitable for me the v-moda m80, sennheiser hd25, hd598, ath m50, srh940, cd900st, ck100. I listen to alot of Japanese music- jpop, jrock, folk, female vocals etc.

I like good mids and highs. I also like a headphone that has a good soundstage and a lively/intimate feel to it. Music will be played directly from my cowon j3 without an amp.

Thanks.

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #476 of 5,364
Hello audophiles!

I've been lurking for a day or two and have surfaced to get your opinion on my selections. I need some headphones to play from my ASUS Zenbook UX31E and Nokia Lumia 800 - at the desk, in the library, on the bus, car, train, you know the stuff. I knew that anything bigger than IEMs probably wouldn't be driven effectively by these devices, so that's where I'm looking.

I arrived expecting to opt for the Shure SE215 as I'd seen it recommended elsewhere, but since then I've wavered and am now seriously considering the Fischer Audio DBA-02 (Mark II). Essentially, I'm looking for some good all-rounders; not too bassy, not too harsh. My budget is roughly £100, with some flexibility.

So, what do you think? Am I going along the right lines? Will the Lumia 800 do these headphones justice? Questions, questions.

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #477 of 5,364

Quote:
I'd actually consider the HF5 if you need portability and noise isolation. If not, go with the EX600.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have looked at the HF5 but it seems to stick out very far. I just decided that the IEM must sit flat against my ear since I need one to sleep with. I recently got a custom tip for my W3 and don't want to snap off the nozzle but since I heard sleeping with the custom sleeve can do that. I guess I'll just go with the SE215.

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #478 of 5,364
Can you afford the VSonic GR07? That is a fantastic earphone.

Quote:
Hello audophiles!

I've been lurking for a day or two and have surfaced to get your opinion on my selections. I need some headphones to play from my ASUS Zenbook UX31E and Nokia Lumia 800 - at the desk, in the library, on the bus, car, train, you know the stuff. I knew that anything bigger than IEMs probably wouldn't be driven effectively by these devices, so that's where I'm looking.

I arrived expecting to opt for the Shure SE215 as I'd seen it recommended elsewhere, but since then I've wavered and am now seriously considering the Fischer Audio DBA-02 (Mark II). Essentially, I'm looking for some good all-rounders; not too bassy, not too harsh. My budget is roughly £100, with some flexibility.

So, what do you think? Am I going along the right lines? Will the Lumia 800 do these headphones justice? Questions, questions.

Apr 7, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #479 of 5,364
Hey guys.

I'm currently looking for a new pair of earphones to replace my current Skullcandy Ink'd Buds. I'm looking for a pair of buds that have a good (but not overpowering) amount of bass and decent noise cancellation. I'm looking for a pair that costs less then $40.00. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any replies. :D

Apr 7, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #480 of 5,364

Quote:
Hey guys.
I'm currently looking for a new pair of earphones to replace my current Skullcandy Ink'd Buds. I'm looking for a pair of buds that have a good (but not overpowering) amount of bass and decent noise cancellation. I'm looking for a pair that costs less then $40.00. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any replies.
biggrin.gif

Soundmagic E10.  $35 and an excellent value. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back