Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Apr 6, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #451 of 5,364

Quote:
nice thanks! finally brought it down to two, stuck between the soundmagic e10 or sp51 if anyone can comment which has more bass

Definitely SP51. Especially using the sound tuning ports. Which are just a renamed version of Hippo's variable bass plates.

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #455 of 5,364
Hey guys,i'm looking for a new portable earphones or earpiece,well suitable for my iPhone 4.
There's no budget currently as i'm still looking around at Sennheiser's,Audio Technica,etc. 
Using apple's default earpiece now though,but it's breaking apart soon,so i'm looking for one that's suitable for J-Rock genre,specifically.
Was considering one with bass though.

I listen to bands like X Japan,Dir En Grey,The Gazette,etc. Would like to have something that brings it out much better,compared to what I'm using currently.

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #456 of 5,364

Quote:
Hey guys,i'm looking for a new portable earphones or earpiece,well suitable for my iPhone 4.
There's no budget currently as i'm still looking around at Sennheiser's,Audio Technica,etc. 
Using apple's default earpiece now though,but it's breaking apart soon,so i'm looking for one that's suitable for J-Rock genre,specifically.
Was considering one with bass though.

I listen to bands like X Japan,Dir En Grey,The Gazette,etc. Would like to have something that brings it out much better,compared to what I'm using currently.

No budget eh?

Unique Melody Miracles should be good for you

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #457 of 5,364
Hmm,I've seen reviews of it,looked good too,but I'm pretty hesitant at spending so much just after listening to apple's earpieces,wondering if its worth it.
Would probably want to buy one not so expensive first.
Then again,if i had a budget of,100-200 SGD,would there be any portable headphones suitable for me?

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #459 of 5,364
I'm looking for an IEM or earbud with flat tangle free cord and in-line 3 button remote/mic for use with my iPhone.  The only ones I have found are the Jays A-Jays Four, Velodyne vPulse, and the Scosche IEM856M.  Does anyone know of any others out there?  How do these stack up against each other in sound quality?

I'm also willing to get completely custom IEMs like JHAudio, anyone know where I can get that with a flat cord and inline mic/3-button controls?

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #462 of 5,364
I think you'd be satisfied with the HF5, though honestly I haven't tried the others. Really great detail at this price point. Etymotic plays well with anything that isn't too bass intensive. If you buy authorized, you'll get a great warranty, too. And if in the future you want to upgrade, they have some good deals on out of warranty iems.

Quote:
classical, jazz, rock, some electro

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #463 of 5,364
what is currently the best >$100 iem for me? I mainly listen to rock & r&b. I want an iem that has a fast attack, w/o having any problems or just has very slight problems playing congested types of music. I like bass, but more on quality than quantity of it, and without compromising the overall clarity of the song. It's a plus if it has a decent soundstage and instrument separation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back