Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Apr 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #346 of 5,364

Quote:
Quote:

I found the Sennheiser's bass way too intrusive. It ruined the overall sound because it bled everywhere. The S4s while definitely not lacking in bass, felt a lot cleaner and smoother. I can't comment on the Shure's sound, though. I broke my S4s a while back, but when I had both I picked the S4s over the CX every single time.

hi qetuol,

I share OmarCCX's sentiments on CX 300 II as my brother is currently using a pair. As for S4, they are better than CX 300 II. However, from my experience of trying out a cousin's pair of S4, I find that the bass is prominent and clarity(details) does not seem to be a forte of S4, even that cousin acknowledged that point. I have not heard Shure so can't comment. You should also look at Soundmagic E10, E30, Brainwavz models, Vsonic GR06, MEElectronics CC51, A151, Ultimate Ears 500/600/700, etc. Check out their reviews here and happy researching.

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #347 of 5,364
I have had the CX300-II and they're really quite muddy. Get the Image S4.

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #348 of 5,364

Quote:

EXPERTS AUDIOPHILE: in ear headphones worthy substitute of AKG K370

Hello everyone, sorry if I do not speak an English perfect, but I'm Italian :D
I am a fan of rock music, electronic, house, dub step,ecc, in short all music with bass powerful, and in fact I had the top in ear headphone AKG, the model K370, that had bass powerful of make you dizzy if  setting good itunes equalizer.
Time ago I sold k370 but now I came me back the urge to listen music with in ear headphones.
I was shooting a little for to see if there were other models to buy,perhaps the most powerful but of that price range, otherwise it will buy back the k370 which I find to 40€.
I thought about the sennheiser CX300 II but do not know. help me please. thanks 

help please

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #350 of 5,364
Okay, I'll bite. Here's the text from a thread I started with 0 replies:

I've read plenty of threads regarding the UM3X vs Westone 4 vs Shure SE535s. I've been a happy UM3X owner for a while now, and when I first bought them (upgrade from B&W C5) the SQ difference, fit, and seal were tremendous upgrades. After using them every day for hours a day, I've started getting a bit bored of them.

Don't get me wrong, the SQ is still amazing, guitar solos and vocals (especially women) sound amazing, and listening to classical is very good. But when I'm listening to rock, jazz, or classical with a lot of punch (E.S. Posthumous, Two Steps From Hell) the sound, overall, is flat and just not fun.

I looked into and placed an order for the Westone 4R because I love the cables and fit in my ear, and I heard the increased soundstage on the 4 will eliminate a lot of the stuffiness I feel when I listen to the UM3X. Even though the instrument separation is great, it still sounds compressed...the best way I can describe it is like the music has a stuffy nose. Yes, the sound is there, but I feel like I'm hearing it before it even leaves the instrument instead of after it reaches me in all its fullness.

If that's the case, will the soundstage difference give me what I'm looking for with the Westone 4? Or do I need too look at something with a different sound signature like the Shure SE535 reds?

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #354 of 5,364
y0, I need some help for my first serious earphones. 
I'm using most of the time iPhone.. the music very varied, rock, pop, dub, jazz and more :)
for the begining my budget is £60

thanks alot =]

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #355 of 5,364

Quote:
Okay, I'll bite. Here's the text from a thread I started with 0 replies:
I've read plenty of threads regarding the UM3X vs Westone 4 vs Shure SE535s. I've been a happy UM3X owner for a while now, and when I first bought them (upgrade from B&W C5) the SQ difference, fit, and seal were tremendous upgrades. After using them every day for hours a day, I've started getting a bit bored of them.

Don't get me wrong, the SQ is still amazing, guitar solos and vocals (especially women) sound amazing, and listening to classical is very good. But when I'm listening to rock, jazz, or classical with a lot of punch (E.S. Posthumous, Two Steps From Hell) the sound, overall, is flat and just not fun.

I looked into and placed an order for the Westone 4R because I love the cables and fit in my ear, and I heard the increased soundstage on the 4 will eliminate a lot of the stuffiness I feel when I listen to the UM3X. Even though the instrument separation is great, it still sounds compressed...the best way I can describe it is like the music has a stuffy nose. Yes, the sound is there, but I feel like I'm hearing it before it even leaves the instrument instead of after it reaches me in all its fullness.

If that's the case, will the soundstage difference give me what I'm looking for with the Westone 4? Or do I need too look at something with a different sound signature like the Shure SE535 reds?

I don't know your answer but I have a very similar question. I was looking forward  o upgrade to something between the westone 4 and um3x. I didn't have the chance to  hear to the um3x, but I had the chance to hear the to the SE535. Between the two(w4 x se535) I personaly prefered the westone's.

One more wanting to hear the answer of this question :D

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #356 of 5,364
So I have a 50 dollar amazon gift card, and i'm wondering what the best bassheavy IEM for the price I can get?

I've looked at the xeport 5010 which have been said to have bass similar to miles davis turbine? I also looked at the xtreme xplosives from jvc which I have read pretty good reviews on. I listen to mostly dubstep and death metal, my brother has the s4 and I feel like they don' have enough bass, my turbines failed on me recently so I am looking for a cheap replacement ( i also didn't think the turbines had enough bass to satisfy my needs)

will be mostly for gym use, thanks for suggestions guys

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #357 of 5,364
^^ MEElectronics SP51-PK are basically cloned versions of Hippo VB with variable bass tuning ports. Now.....I haven't owned this model so I cannot compare their bass but I do own the VB's which or sub bass cannons, VB's blow me away. They reach deep deep down into sub bass regions pushing extreme amounts of air in ones ear canal at higher volumes (slightly dangerous) if you can find a little more information on the SP51-PK and relation to VB they would be a great place to start looking.

Here's a review I found. > Here.

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #358 of 5,364

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a new pair of iem's. Currenly I own Beats By Dre Pros (I know you all hate them and I'm aware I over paid - I do think they sound great though) Anyway, moving on. I need a pair of in-ears when I'm outside and for the gym (so they shouldn't fall out when doing interval-running etc.) 

Right now my choice is between JVC HAFX1X and Klipsch s4i

The JVC will cost me £22 and Klipsch go for £54 (I live in Europe so I have to pay a little more)

I have read some reviews on both, but just can't decide. I don't mind paying £54 for the s4s but before I do, I wanna make sure they're that much better than the much cheaper JVCs. I listen to a lot of different music. But just to give you an idea some of the most played artists in my library are Kanye West, Oasis, Coldplay, John Mayer + some house and dub step.

Hope you can help, as I want to place the order tonight. I'm tired of using the apple earphones when riding the train or at gym when I can still hear the radio in the back ground.

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #359 of 5,364
JVC HAFX1X  are OK, they will offer nice bass however "artificial" I sold mine because they just couldn't cut the mustard with mids and highs (even after 100 hours burn in)  Avoid them when looking at your price range specified. They are exactly what you would expect for $22, no miracle, no cheap way to freedom they are what you pay for. I went through the hype thing and purchased a pair. Sure they're great for people on a budget but not when you have more money to spend.

Go the Klipsch, spend a little extra and be happy with your purchase.

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #360 of 5,364
Placed an order on the s4i's. Better be worth it, H20Fidelity because I will find you and I will take back my £54 from you :wink:

Anyway, the only thing that really stopped me from buying them was that I saw them for £42 yesterday, added them to my basket on amazon but wanted to check a few reviews before purchasing them. When I was just about to place an order the price was changed to £54 and it really pissed me off, haha.

Does anyone know how they sound compared to Beats by Dre Pros? I listen more to music more on the go than at home, so I really should've thought twice when I bought expensive over-head headphones but then again, had I known better or about this site before, I would not have wasted money on those headphones anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back