Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Apr 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #331 of 5,364

Quote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Image-Headphones/dp/B001V9LPT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333365895&sr=8-1
Or French website, both work for us in Belgium. I personally get my headphones from Amazon.fr :wink:.

Anyways, I'm going to get refunded from Amazon for my K518DJs, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any headphones that are a step up from K518DJs in the +/- 90€ price range then? (I know that I need to take care of the plugs now, but still not sure if I could step up my sound with this budget)

Play.com had a deal on for these at £25 which is what I paid for mine

Apr 2, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #332 of 5,364

Quote:
Hey all, im going to the US this week and im on the market for some good IEMs

Now these will be playing mostly metal and hard rock. I'm a Bass player and a music lover in general but i think what im looking for is something that will play the music exactly the way it was meant by the producer/band and will give good detail of each instrument, but i don't know if that kind of IEM sounds a little bit too "small"? What i mean is, i'd like to have a full sound in my head, i don't know if you get what i'm saying, something like my whole head filled by the music, maybe i just need to raise the volume though.

Now i don't really have that much experience so i'm not sure if im looking for an analytical type or something like that. So that's why i come here for advice.

Budget is Somewhere around $50-80 and maaaaybe i could stretch it to 100 ( I had the shure 215s in mind)

So what do you think?

Look at this (Mega) review, it's Joker iem review. When I was in your situation(under US$100 budget) I found a promotion in amazon for the Etymotic's HF5 @ US$ 89, and they are great headphones in my opinion. If you can get those by that price or still under 100, would be a great choice in my opinion. I have heard the shure's SE215, personaly I prefered my etymotics, but this is a very personal thing.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-232-iems-compared-fischer-audio-dba-02-mkii-added-03-25-12

In this review you will find a huge amount of option with prety complete and often comparative reviews of a great variety of iems in all price ranges. It's certanly worth a look.

Edit:

The HF5 are US$ 100 right now at amazon

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #333 of 5,364

It sounds like you want an excellent soundstage and depth in your IEMs. There are Fischer Audio Eternas selling for $70 from one of the sellers in the US. There are pretty bass-friendly and fun to listen to. Analytic wise, you could try looking for some RE-Zeros. 
Quote:
Hey all, im going to the US this week and im on the market for some good IEMs

Now these will be playing mostly metal and hard rock. I'm a Bass player and a music lover in general but i think what im looking for is something that will play the music exactly the way it was meant by the producer/band and will give good detail of each instrument, but i don't know if that kind of IEM sounds a little bit too "small"? What i mean is, i'd like to have a full sound in my head, i don't know if you get what i'm saying, something like my whole head filled by the music, maybe i just need to raise the volume though.

Now i don't really have that much experience so i'm not sure if im looking for an analytical type or something like that. So that's why i come here for advice.

Budget is Somewhere around $50-80 and maaaaybe i could stretch it to 100 ( I had the shure 215s in mind)

So what do you think?

Apr 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #334 of 5,364

Doesn't seem that they don't infact ship to belgium- both UK & FR sites. Am I doing something wrong? I selected the cheapest ones. Anywho I'm leaningn away from them now after seeing comments... Back to square one
Quote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Image-Headphones/dp/B001V9LPT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333365895&sr=8-1
Or French website, both work for us in Belgium. I personally get my headphones from Amazon.fr :wink:.

Anyways, I'm going to get refunded from Amazon for my K518DJs, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any headphones that are a step up from K518DJs in the +/- 90€ price range then? (I know that I need to take care of the plugs now, but still not sure if I could step up my sound with this budget)

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #335 of 5,364
Again I'm going around i circles. I am choosing between the MEElectronic SP51, M11, or JVX FX1X. The SP51's are the a steal at $32us shipped.. BUT can I trust purchasegoodz.com? I've never seen/heard of before

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #336 of 5,364
I've been using Sony D66 Eggos since I bought them on a trip to Japan in 2005, and I love them.  And then yesterday they got crushed by a piece of equipment at work.  Should I buy another pair, or is there something else I might be looking at?  I'd like over-the-ear closed type so I can wear them on public transit, and I'd like to keep my budget to $150.  I have IEMs (Shure 530), so I'd like to find a more direct replacement for the Eggos.  Any thoughts?  I'm a little overwhelmed by all the models out there.  

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #337 of 5,364

Quote:
Again I'm going around i circles. I am choosing between the MEElectronic SP51, M11, or JVX FX1X. The SP51's are the a steal at $32us shipped.. BUT can I trust purchasegoodz.com? I've never seen/heard of before

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ix=aca&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=purchasegoodz.com+legit%3F

Just a quick google shows you there's a lot of dissatisfied people.

I personally would stay away from it, especially when sites use "z" as a plural instead of "s" in their domain name.

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #338 of 5,364
Looking for portable, on (or over) ear headphones for walking around campus and working out at the gym. i currently have the Klipsch s4s, and while amazing, with INCREDIBLE thumping bass...they do fall out at even the slightest yank or pull on the cord. i'm constantly adjusting them during my workouts, which are quite rigorous. this is why i;m looking for something with a headband, to prevent this. 

size wise, nothing huge or bulky. key word portable. i'd take my sony xb500s, but they stick out quite a bit and may get in the way during weightlifting. something more along the size of the Solos or Mixrs and inconspicous. 

i don't care about highs or mids, as long as the sounds clear (not tinny) and i need thumping bass. my price range is 50-maybe a little over a hundred dollars. i've thought about getting some refurbed beats solos or mixrs (collective groan, i know i know) but for what I DESIRE the bass is definitely there. though, i'm open to some suggestions from you guys. 

any suggestions? :)

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #339 of 5,364

Yes they seem fake :frowning2:

So I think I will wait around for the SP51's to go on sale. But budget is ~ $30. If I'm keen on bass, most would agree the M11's wouldn't be enough? I am moving from the CX300's which were not enough for me. If the people think the M11 will really be a big mass improvement from my CX300s, then say because they are only onsale for a few more hours. Thanks!
Quote:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ix=aca&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=purchasegoodz.com+legit%3F

Just a quick google shows you there's a lot of dissatisfied people.

I personally would stay away from it, especially when sites use "z" as a plural instead of "s" in their domain name.

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #340 of 5,364

EXPERTS AUDIOPHILE: in ear headphones worthy substitute of AKG K370

Hello everyone, sorry if I do not speak an English perfect, but I'm Italian :D
I am a fan of rock music, electronic, house, dub step,ecc, in short all music with bass powerful, and in fact I had the top in ear headphone AKG, the model K370, that had bass powerful of make you dizzy if  setting good itunes equalizer.
Time ago I sold k370 but now I came me back the urge to listen music with in ear headphones.
I was shooting a little for to see if there were other models to buy,perhaps the most powerful but of that price range, otherwise it will buy back the k370 which I find to 40€.
I thought about the sennheiser CX300 II but do not know. help me please. thanks 

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #341 of 5,364

Perhaps the MEElectronics CC51? The white ceramic housings have a nice luster to them in person. The Pearls look nice, but are overpriced. Maybe also the Klipsch Image S4, though those are more plasticky.

Thank you for the response.  They seem like a nice alternative.  Would anyone happen to have other suggestions? Perhaps the Hippo White (Though, it's impossible to find them..)?

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #342 of 5,364

Hello all,

im planning to buy a new pair of earbuds. im thinking about these three (shure se115, sennheiser cx300 II and klipsch s4). i care about the quality ONLY. i listen to mainly jazz, classics and rock. i heard shure lacks of bass. but the other two have too overhelming bass.. is it true?
 or do you suggest something different (inside the price range of these three)?
thx

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #343 of 5,364

Quote:

Hello all,

im planning to buy a new pair of earbuds. im thinking about these three (shure se115, sennheiser cx300 II and klipsch s4). i care about the quality ONLY. i listen to mainly jazz, classics and rock. i heard shure lacks of bass. but the other two have too overhelming bass.. is it true?
 or do you suggest something different (inside the price range of these three)?
thx

I found the Sennheiser's bass way too intrusive. It ruined the overall sound because it bled everywhere. The S4s while definitely not lacking in bass, felt a lot cleaner and smoother. I can't comment on the Shure's sound, though. I broke my S4s a while back, but when I had both I picked the S4s over the CX every single time.

Apr 3, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #344 of 5,364

Quote:
Doesn't seem that they don't infact ship to belgium- both UK & FR sites. Am I doing something wrong? I selected the cheapest ones. Anywho I'm leaningn away from them now after seeing comments... Back to square one

They do ship to Belgium, but you have to buy it from a Amazon themselves or a seller that's "fulfilled by Amazon". Both do, I've bought several things on both UK & FR sites. :wink:
Taking the cheapest one from the Marketplace (those "xx new for xx £, xx used for xx £" sometimes don't ship outside the country).

Plus, above 20£ = free shipping by Amazon, even to Belgium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back