Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Mar 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #151 of 5,364
After some further research i took a deeper look at V-MODA's M-80. While they may not be a top notch choice (i never thought i could go "top notch" anyway with my fairly low budget) for rock music, it seems like - at least that's what i took from all the reviews i read - they are a solid jack-of-all-trades choice with a little downside on the trebles whereas to be honest i am not quite sure if my hearing is advanced enough (yet) to hear minor flaws. Also, their manufacturing style made me drool a bit when i first saw it. I lost my last two headphones due to broken cables and therefore i like the idea of getting very solid cables that are even removable, plus there is the very flexible body and the included exoskeleton bag. Overall, the M-80 seem very pleasing in terms of style and craftsmanship whilst having a way better sound experience than other "stylish" headphones like Beats or Ludacris.

Amazon currently has a 170 $ deal on them with free shipping, so i feel like i can extended my original budget just a bit and get a good pair of headphones to start my journey into the world of a better audio experience. Any thoughts on that?

Quote:

They will leak too much.

Perhaps there's a closed-back Audio Technica or Sony of some sort with good vocal boost and electric guitar bite, but I have not found such a model.

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #153 of 5,364
I recommend the V-MODA M-80 or the V-80 (The only difference is looks) They have a detachable cable and are ridiculously good sounding. As I said before,I highly recommend them. Mainly because they look VERY good and also sound AMAZING. The bass is very attacking but also accurate and warm at the same time. The mids and the highs are very clear, They are priced at $170 on Amazon.

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #157 of 5,364
Quote:
What would be a pair of IEM under $300 with the following:

1. Crystal clear mids, for vocals
2. No bass (I EQ bass out of my music)
3. Large soundstage
4. Cold signature

Perhaps Etymotic ER-4S, Hifiman RE272, except they both have quite narrow soundspace.

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #159 of 5,364

Quote:
FiiO cable in stock now at Amazon, kinda cool I got to quote myself.

hey nice, and $30 isn't so terrible.  Is there any actual empirical evidence about different wires affecting things?  I'll probably get one anyway though, i dont really like the feel of this wire.  its too like..idk sticky or something

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #160 of 5,364

Quote:
hey nice, and $30 isn't so terrible.  Is there any actual empirical evidence about different wires affecting things?  I'll probably get one anyway though, i dont really like the feel of this wire.  its too like..idk sticky or something

It depends on who you ask. The main reason I got the FiiO for my TF10's was the stock cable tangles easily. But IMHO it brought the mids forward, so thats a good thing. I have said the ONLY bad thing is that it doesnt have memory wire, but using the chin slider for me makes that irrelevant.

Mar 5, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #161 of 5,364

Hello! Im new to this forums and I've read many threads on the comparison of earphones. But I need help to just zoom down to these  earphones:
aJays 2, aJays 3, UE 500, UE 500vi, UE 500vm, UE 600 and UE 600vi
Can I Ask whats the difference between:
aJays 2, aJays 3
and the difference between
UE 500, 500vi and 500vm
UE 600 and UE 600vi
Could someone give me a brief comparison between those?
Im looking for good bass earphones which still have good clarity and detail the sound, price range around 100 sgd, and I've singled out these cos they look naise :O

Look forward to replies :D

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #162 of 5,364

Quote:

Hello! Im new to this forums and I've read many threads on the comparison of earphones. But I need help to just zoom down to these  earphones:
aJays 2, aJays 3, UE 500, UE 500vi, UE 500vm, UE 600 and UE 600vi
Can I Ask whats the difference between:
aJays 2, aJays 3
UE 500, 500vi and 500vm
UE 600 and UE 600vi
Could someone give me a brief comparison between those?
Im looking for good bass earphones which still have good clarity and detail the sound, price range around 100 sgd, and I've singled out these cos they look naise :O

Look forward to replies :D

Well I've done a bit of research and found that the ue 500 have no mic, ue 500 vm have a mic for smartphones and ue 500 vi have a mic for apple products, same thing for the ue 600.

I've never tried any the earphones you listed above though...

This link compares the a-Jays 2 and 3 in detail http://www.inearmatters.net/2010/09/review-jays-two-jays-three-and-t-jays.html
  The 2 don't come with a carrying case as you can see in the link.

I own a pair of a-Jays 4, which is the same as the 3 except the 4 have a mic but without all the accessories, and I don't think they have really good clarity or detail, though its not too bad. I don't know what is your standard for good bass since some people just want more quantity, and some are looking for better quality, and the 4 have quite a large amount of bass but its a bit bloated.

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #163 of 5,364
Hi, I work part-time as a commercial cleaner and I work with loud vaccuums every day. I've decided I'd like to get something to protect my ears, while also catching up on my music library at work. Ideally I'd like an in-ear phone that isolates well enough to protect my ears from moderately loud noises while being comfortable, decent sounding, and very well priced. I'm actually used to expensive ($350) headphones and fancy studio monitor speakers, so I may have an issue with the sound quality since I'm not willing to invest much in these, but I'd like to get a good bang-for-the-buck inexpensive pair.

Can anyone recommend something that has excellent isolation, sounds good for the money and is pretty cheap? I really like cheap... 

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #164 of 5,364

Quote:
  Well I've done a bit of research and found that the ue 500 have no mic, ue 500 vm have a mic for smartphones and ue 500 vi have a mic for apple products, same thing for the ue 600.

I've never tried any the earphones you listed above though...

This link compares the a-Jays 2 and 3 in detail http://www.inearmatters.net/2010/09/review-jays-two-jays-three-and-t-jays.html
  The 2 don't come with a carrying case as you can see in the link.

I own a pair of a-Jays 4, which is the same as the 3 except the 4 have a mic but without all the accessories, and I don't think they have really good clarity or detail, though its acceptable. I don't know what is your standard for good bass since some people just want more quantity, and some are looking for better quality, and the 4 have quite a large amount of bass but its a bit bloated.

Thanks for your help, Im now waiting for ue comparison :)

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #165 of 5,364

Quote:
Hi, I work part-time as a commercial cleaner and I work with loud vaccuums every day. I've decided I'd like to get something to protect my ears, while also catching up on my music library at work. Ideally I'd like an in-ear phone that isolates well enough to protect my ears from moderately loud noises while being comfortable, decent sounding, and very well priced. I'm actually used to expensive ($350) headphones and fancy studio monitor speakers, so I may have an issue with the sound quality since I'm not willing to invest much in these, but I'd like to get a good bang-for-the-buck inexpensive pair.

Can anyone recommend something that has excellent isolation, sounds good for the money and is pretty cheap? I really like cheap... 

I've read etymotics have great isolation, maybe the hf5s, for relatively cheap compared to $350? Not sure what kind of sound signature you want though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back