Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
May 1, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #4,096 of 5,364
I need help finding a nice pair of in-ear headphones.  I need something that is sturdy, comfortable, and under $100.  The headphones should be suited for podcast listening.  An inline remote for iPhone is also a must.  Currently I am using apple earpods, but I've gone through two pairs in the past 3 months.  I like the earpods but in the past two pairs the left earpod always goes out.  Thank you for your help.  The MEElectronics A161Ps have been suggested and look good.

May 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #4,098 of 5,364
hello guys, i want to buy a new headphone to use with my galaxy nexus and in my work, i dont want to spend much money because in home i already have good setup for me. i want to decide between these two models, both are in price range i want, $15, and seems they are good for the price. in my smartphone i hear rock, some eletronica, and sometimes hiphop. in my work i listen to all my music from my home, there is much more genres than in my phone, and sometimes at free time i play counter strike with friends at work. for this i am using now the phones that came with galaxy nexus. so which one is the best for me? or there is other better than any of these? one guy in my work bought the sony mdr zx100 but i think that sound quality is not so good. thanks in advance

May 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #4,099 of 5,364
Quote:
Oh, those were just given as examples. 

If you can find a pair, they'd be nauseatingly bassy and fun - I'd be extremely jealous. Also the K518LE if you have that available near you.

Thanks TwinQY.

I talked to a friend who in the past has had the Sony XB500 and the Creative Aurvana Live.
He told me that the XB500 had great bass, but the soundstage was not good and the sound was "confused" and not very detailed.
The Creative Aurvana Live instead still have some nice bass, more controlled, but a better soundstage.

I have confused ideas.

Do you know that even the Sony V55 must be good? Do you know anything?

May 1, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #4,101 of 5,364
Hello Guys.

I am new to Head-fi and I made a thread to find what are good Gaming earbuds and I was taken over here. I see there are 274 pages of this and I figured why not start one now.

Are there any suggestions for good Gaming earbuds from $20-$150 such as comfort for long gaming sessions and smooth sound. I do not know a lot of technical words and what can help me, but I hope that I can find good earbuds.

I am currently using my horrible Earpods by apple and the cord is ripping out of the port every time I move my head left they also aren't comfortable. Please Help
confused_face_2.gif

Also if you can help me with some technical terms that would be awesome.
Thanks Guys have a great day
Theexxx

May 1, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #4,102 of 5,364
Would appreciate a recommendation for some headphones / IEMs / earbuds for my girlfriend to wear whilst she's studying in the library.  Some salient points:
  1. She likes rockier music
  2. In the library, isolation is important
  3. She's not very good at looking after her stuff, so nothing too expensive (or even mid-priced :wink: )
  4. Portability is a concern.  She rides a scooter to university, and everything is in her backpack, so on-ear headphones are an option as long as they are light (folding is a bonus).  But of course IEMs / earbuds are preferable from the size point of view.
  5. Comfortable for long periods

Recommend away, look forward to seeing what suggestions come up.

May 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #4,103 of 5,364
Looking for a nice compliment to the grado sound signature...I have $100 to spend.

I listen to rock and classic rock.

Which of these to go with.

HifiMan RE400

Shure 215

Soundmagic PL50

rockit sounds R30

Rockit sounds R50

I already own the JVC FX40....these are great for the 420 that I spent on them.....I want something that sounds better from the above group....or anything else that is not over $100

May 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #4,104 of 5,364
Any somewhat portable earphones that have a nice sound stage and bass? I'm not really an audiophile so if a headphone isn't amazing (as I supposed most in my price range are not) it's okay as long as it has bass and can handle me throwing it around. Thank you for your help! 

May 2, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #4,105 of 5,364

Hi Guys
i wanna to buy one o this{klipsch X10 Or Sony EX1000 }
please help me to best choice
i listen Pop&Hip Hop

As mentioned on the original thread, please state your preferences - 

Hi Guys
i wanna to buy one o this
please help me to best choice
i listen Pop&Hip Hop

First off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-278-iems-compared-astrotec-am-800-dx-60-added-03-31-13-p-659

Genres are helpful, but stating sound preferences, whatever characteristics you look towards for presenting said genres, signature preferences, would be immensely more helpful. Not to mention any preference/criteria in terms of comfort, isolation, build, etc. 

Something to help out with describing sound - 
Genres are helpful but stating sound preferences/sig preferences would be immensely more helpful.

To re-quote an old post of mine - 
Frequency ranges and their relevance towards practical music listening - 

(Interactive version here - http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm)
Highs = treble
Lows = Bass
Among other technicalities - would give the glossary another read if you're still confused.

Genres are helpful, but we all like different presentations of our genres. Stating sound preferences would be immensely more helpful in the long run. You can find a nice list of terms in the H-F glossary, but would advise against picking and choosing any term that seems appealing because in the end they might really conflicts with one another.

Describing sound is difficult to get into at first, but it makes giving recommendation a much simpler job. Otherwise you have people throwing out random suggestions for the only things they've heard, without much specification on what you might actually be looking for. A massive medley of choices can be just as confusing despite however helpful it might seem at first.

Specifying in this case would be really helpful, especially as the two choices above are rather disparate in terms of sound signature. 

Quote:
hello guys, i want to buy a new headphone to use with my galaxy nexus and in my work, i dont want to spend much money because in home i already have good setup for me. i want to decide between these two models, both are in price range i want, $15, and seems they are good for the price. in my smartphone i hear rock, some eletronica, and sometimes hiphop. in my work i listen to all my music from my home, there is much more genres than in my phone, and sometimes at free time i play counter strike with friends at work. for this i am using now the phones that came with galaxy nexus. so which one is the best for me? or there is other better than any of these? one guy in my work bought the sony mdr zx100 but i think that sound quality is not so good. thanks in advance

Genres are helpful, but as mentioned above, stating sound preferences, anything in terms of comfort, isolation, etc, would be immensely more helpful.

I would definitely urge you to read the quoted reply above.

Quote:
Would appreciate a recommendation for some headphones / IEMs / earbuds for my girlfriend to wear whilst she's studying in the library.  Some salient points:
  1. She likes rockier music
  2. In the library, isolation is important
  3. She's not very good at looking after her stuff, so nothing too expensive (or even mid-priced :wink: )
  4. Portability is a concern.  She rides a scooter to university, and everything is in her backpack, so on-ear headphones are an option as long as they are light (folding is a bonus).  But of course IEMs / earbuds are preferable from the size point of view.
  5. Comfortable for long periods

It'd still be infinitely more helpful if sound preferences (do try to ask her, or at least help her out in describing the sort of sound signature she might be looking for. Again, might want to read the quoted reply above. And a set budget would also be helpful, as discrepancies between pricing and their tiering can vary from person to person.

Quote:
Looking for a nice compliment to the grado sound signature...I have $100 to spend.

I listen to rock and classic rock.

Which of these to go with.

HifiMan RE400

Shure 215

Soundmagic PL50

rockit sounds R30

Rockit sounds R50

I already own the JVC FX40....these are great for the 420 that I spent on them.....I want something that sounds better from the above group....or anything else that is not over $100

Again, while genres are helpful, stating sound preferences would be infinitely more so. Not to mention comfort, isolation, etc. Especially in this case where the sound discrepancies are rather large between these choices.

Quote:
Any somewhat portable earphones that have a nice sound stage and bass? I'm not really an audiophile so if a headphone isn't amazing (as I supposed most in my price range are not) it's okay as long as it has bass and can handle me throwing it around. Thank you for your help! 

Have a specified budget?

Going to highlight this as most asking this time around should really look at it - 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Genres are helpful but stating sound preferences/sig preferences would be immensely more helpful.

To re-quote an old post of mine - 
Quote:
Frequency ranges and their relevance towards practical music listening - 

(Interactive version here - http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm)
Highs = treble
Lows = Bass
Among other technicalities - would give the glossary another read if you're still confused.

Quote:
Genres are helpful, but we all like different presentations of our genres. Stating sound preferences would be immensely more helpful in the long run. You can find a nice list of terms in the H-F glossary, but would advise against picking and choosing any term that seems appealing because in the end they might really conflicts with one another.

Describing sound is difficult to get into at first, but it makes giving recommendation a much simpler job. Otherwise you have people throwing out random suggestions for the only things they've heard, without much specification on what you might actually be looking for. A massive medley of choices can be just as confusing despite however helpful it might seem at first.

May 2, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #4,106 of 5,364
I'm so intrigued by the CKS1000's..is there any reason to get these over the IE8's? Does anyone know how these compare to MXW1's? Can they be run without a DAC from an iPod Classic?

May 2, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #4,107 of 5,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by leandronb 

Genres are helpful, but as mentioned above, stating sound preferences, anything in terms of comfort, isolation, etc, would be immensely more helpful.

I would definitely urge you to read the quoted reply above.

in terms of comfort, it must be comfortable, because i will use almost all day and every week day, but now i am used to use the samsung oem headphones http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-EHS44ASSBE-Handsfree-Headphones-Earphones/dp/B008VX489C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1367496260&sr=8-4&keywords=samsung+oem+headphone
they are ok in comfort to me, and isolation it must be good. i dont want any other people being bothered because my headphones sound. i like bass but just when hearing these new house and eletronica music, for rock i like flat sound. so i just want a little upgrade for these samsung oem headphones. thanks
EDIT:the options i looked
-JVC HA-FX40
-JVC HAFX101
-Koss 'The Plug' In-Ear Headphones
-Philips SHE3580
-JVC HARX500
-Monoprice 8320
-Koss KSC75
which one of these would be the best?

May 2, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #4,108 of 5,364
Reposting with more detail to help you to help me. :)

1. She likes rockier music, however she is not fussy about signatures, she's used to crappy earbuds so anything recommended here will be better
  1. In the library, isolation is important - to block out noise from others, and to not disturb others
  2. Given that she will be wearing them for long periods, even though she likes rock, I would suggest that a more balanced sound signature will be less fatiguing than something "exciting"
  3. She's not very good at looking after her stuff, so nothing too expensive (or even mid-priced :wink: )  I'd suggest $50, or if there is nothing worthwhile in that range (which I doubt), up to $100

May 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #4,109 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello Guys.

I am new to Head-fi and I made a thread to find what are good Gaming earbuds and I was taken over here. I see there are 274 pages of this and I figured why not start one now.

Are there any suggestions for good Gaming earbuds from $20-$150 such as comfort for long gaming sessions and smooth sound. I do not know a lot of technical words and what can help me, but I hope that I can find good earbuds.

I am currently using my horrible Earpods by apple and the cord is ripping out of the port every time I move my head left they also aren't comfortable. Please Help
confused_face_2.gif

Also if you can help me with some technical terms that would be awesome.
Thanks Guys have a great day
Theexxx

At first read I was confused why someone would want to use earbuds for gaming.  When I think gaming, i think  competitive online play (star craft, call of duty, world of warcraft, etc etc)  Do you mean casual gaming like angry birds from a cell phone?  

May 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #4,110 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm so intrigued by the CKS1000's..is there any reason to get these over the IE8's? Does anyone know how these compare to MXW1's? Can they be run without a DAC from an iPod Classic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back