Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Apr 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #3,871 of 5,364
Quote:
Smooth, warm, non-fatiguing, isolates, low volume, durable - not sure of the budget but the A161P seems to fit the description, albeit lacking in the replaceable cable department. It'd be great if you could specify a budget/or lack of. But for starters, you'll likely not find a mic and removable cable all in the same set.

Appreciate the suggestion.

Budget wise for a durable pair that I can keep for years to come with replaceable cable, my budget is 400ish.  Or I was thinking I could go ulta cheap sub 50 and replace them as they wear out. 

Basically I use them daily for commute and gym.  I got my full seized around the ear for home.  Performance in loud environment is more important to me then my sound preference (anything to avoid the music they play at my gym). Doesn't have to be complete isolation, just enough so I can listen comfortably in moderate to low volume, definitely want to avoid cranking them up too loud.  My problem is that I've had some that were 100 ish but they would fall apart on me after awhile.  It's either the wire would fall apart or the casing would become unglued.  

I was even thinking picking up hd25 II/ apmerior.  Sure they are more in your face then what I am looking for but maybe that's not so bad in noisy environment and I loose some portability but I've heard they are very durable with every part simple to replace.  Price is 200 ish which isn't bad.  Only deal breaker is that isolation wouldn't be as good and I might have to crank up the volume to compete with outside noise.  

Thanks again for the insight.

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #3,872 of 5,364

Thanks! I don't think closed-back would be sufficient for blocking out the sound that I need to block out (aircraft engine noise) but would definitely be helpful even if I use them at home as there'd always be some background noise (computer fan, people talking, TV...). Guess it really comes down to how much better sound the non-NCs can provide given that same price.

Thanks for pointing me to the HK thread. I've tried one store on the list (Mingo) and they said they don't have the K490/495 for auditioning. I've also walked around some of the smaller malls in MK.. appears like not many people know about the AKG NCs. One of the larger stores even said they didn't sell them.. only for me to see the K495s on display when I was exiting.
rolleyes.gif
 Mingo used to have pretty much the whole range of AKGs for auditioning when I went around 1 or 1.5 year ago but when I went approx a month ago they've moved the store layout around and no longer had that little section for amps and AKGs. 
frown.gif
 I might try out some of the other stores on the list. Are you located in HK? 

Closed-back will not blocking out all the engine noise but depending on the closed-back noise isolating headphones, it will reduce the noise. This will depend on the headphone and the fit, if NC is extremely important to you then it won't be a match as you will still hear the engine noise, but it will be reduced, and if you have music playing, it will help much more. A good closed-back will be able to block out computer fan and people talking if you have music on and reduce the sound without music. I used the SRH440 to block out roommates and any background noise very effectively before, however my new M-100s doesn't do as well with noise isolation even though it was more expensive so it will depend on the headphone and fit. 

I just moved back to HK and checked out a few of the stores located in Mong Kok a week ago, I didn't pay attention to NC hp but you could probably check most of the stores located there in a few hours. Jaben, DMA Audio, Forever Source Digital, Kingsound, Audio Physics and Mingo. Do you know which Mingo you tried? There should be at least 2 Mingo locations in MK I believe.

Apr 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #3,873 of 5,364
hi guys,
I was thinking of getting myself some nice new IEM's for my budget of about 400$. I listen mainly to Metalcore and related genres as well as EDM( not the chill typ) and from time to time some classic. I will be using my Sansa Clip-->CmoyBB for now but I a thinking of getting myself an Fiio X3 as an upgrade.

I don`t really know what to get, and all the nice reviews and comparisons only make it harder. Anyway I saw that there are some CIEM`s within or only slightly above my budget, and since They semm to be quite good, deciding to even harder for me, so I would appriciate if you could give me some directions. Also I will be using them for a few hours at a time, so they shouldn´t be to fatiquing.

thanks in advance

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #3,875 of 5,364
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! I took a look into several things after reading your reply. Firstly it's new to me that the sound for NC-capable headphones to be actually worse when the NC function is not activated. I would've thought the NC circuitry when turned on would affect the sound more. This was especially the case when I noticed some hissing noise with NC turned on for the K28NC. The sound also felt flatter when NC was on. 

So you would suggest UEs or the Sony's over the AKG in that they would have cleaner sound? Sony ones should be readily available for audtioning at the local Sony centre but still can't compare it to the AKGs.. The 1RNC looks great even though I've been a great fan of AKG's styling (and not much of a fan of Sennheiser's look..)

My budget is a bit flexible at the moment in the sense that the K490NC would be in the more affordable bracket and the K495NC being in the upper bracket. The K550 should be within the upper bracket, while the QC15s are inbetween the K490 and K495 prices so can definitely be considered. I have read about the QC15s to be very good. But they're around 4 years old now? Has things changed over this time? Also I've read they don't work without battery.. which makes them rather peculiar since I don't think I'd use the NC function for vast majority of the time so needing to charge up just to use them on a normal daily basis might unnecessarily drain the battery life quickly. I note the AKGs are built in USB charging.. which might also be a problem for battery life if I rarely ever cycle the battery charges. But so in your view the Bose would outperform both AKG models in their best state (either NC on or off)? 

I tried reading up on Goldenears (I couldn't find "CS"?), they don't have the NCs tested but I took a look at the K550, K701 and K702.. I haven't yet been able to understand the graphs despite skimming Goldenears' explanation (unfortunately have a load of exams coming up soon so don't want to spend time reading up on it as I usually otherwise would) but it appears the impulse response is significantly higher on the 701 and 702s than the 550. Same for step response. I couldn't make anything out of the frequency response.. 

Anyway, I think I understand a bit more about the open and closed differences of headphones now and think open sets such as the 701/702 won't suit me given the environment I'm in always has some background noise and having the background noise go right through the beautiful music would be a problem. They're also a lot pricier and would require an amp (which I don't have). The K550's are, according to marketing, designed to sound like open-back while being closed-back? I take that to mean it has better soundstage than the average closed back but falls short of the the standard open-back. Also the K550 I've read can work without amp, which is a plus. I've seen the K550 available for testing in stores so might drop by after exams to audition them. 
So it might come down to deciding between the K550 and NC sets such as 490NC or the MDR-1RNC? Not sure which I'd be more happy with 
gs1000.gif

First off, there might be some kind of misunderstanding. I'm referring to the common practice of manufactures purposefully making the sound anemic when NC is off and overemphasizing the low end once it is on, for demographical reasons.

Definitely the UES over the AKGs, if only for their better balancing overall. The Sonys are rather mid-forward but still less grain, if you so happen to like that sort of signature.

Since isolation is a worry, I have to point that I would never recommend either AKGs for noisy-environment purposes. When they say open-back, they mean completely vented to the point where there is absolutely no isolation at all. It is the same phenomenon as if your ears were fully exposed. And the K550s while still closed, have gotten plenty of complaints, and I'd have to agree with them, on how the pads are overly large and the material/texture itself makes it difficult to get an acoustic seal, let alone isolate.

I would have just looked at their FR graphs as the step and impulse is easily summarized and visualized better in a spectral decay graph.

If you could call excess resonance "purposeful tuning" then sure the K550s have that. 

Would you say the M6 is more durable than the M9? 
(The Gr99 cable looks far too "flimsy" and the GR02 ends up being almost 36 dollars with shipping at ebay, Thanks for the reccomendations though! Maybe I'll get them for myself later. )
I've heard the M6 sounds better than the M9, but is it more durable?

Edit:
Found these at Amazon for a little cheaper. I might buy these for myself, but give him the M6.
Are these the same thing?
http://www.amazon.com/VSONIC-Silver-Earphones-Earbuds-iPhones/dp/B005EM9KRI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366471865&sr=8-1&keywords=Vsonc+gr02

The M6 is more "rugged" material wise (metal housings of that nature, however solid it might seem from conception, dent rather easily). Not to mention more sweat resistant. 

Yes, that was the exact same shop who's price I used as reference to after you mentioned the budget.
hi... is audio technica ath-cks55 good for its price??
is it a great all arounder?? how is it compared to Brainwavz M2??
thank you... ^_^

Much thinner and energetic. Nowhere near the organic feel nor the texture of the Brainwavz. Really depends on what you perceive an all-rounder to be.

Hello. I'm not an extreme audiophile but i like quality sound re-production. I'm a mechanical engineer and i understand the technology and operation behind sound.

Last year i bought the V-moda remix remote new for around 40gbp. For their price i couldn't find anything better at that moment. Sadly some months ago one of the drivers half-failed. After contacting V-moda i couldn't get them repaired because of buying from not an authorised reseller (which is plain stupid-what warranty is this?). After i decided to repair them myself, although it turned up as not a contact fail, but a driver fails. So i'm looking for new ones now.

Although i don't put a price limit yet, i don't want to break the bank. And price doesn't tell the whole story. They may be cheap where you can buy them but not here. Additionally i'm always looking to get max performance per $$$ on whatever i'm buying. For example Monster just overprices their products, even if they are quality ones. You could say it's a premium but not always this holds true. It's not like Apple that will give you a new one. Also i could just go and buy the drivers directly and then 3d print a housing, solder the cables and done a lot more cheaper.

However looking to find the monitors with the most balanced frequency response (so you hear a flat response) isn't always sounding the best. This is many times due to other factors like how music was processed, etc. Still, there are more things that affect the performance. As for my music tastes i hear from electronic to classical music, but i would hate monitors without good bass reproduction.

So far i've looked online as well in the multi-iem thread (which lacks reviews on v-moda products which i would compare since i have the experience), but i can't narrow my search. Also headphoneinfo.com has good reviews from a technical perspective but is lacking quantity of product reviews. V-moda make the vibrato which i was interested initially, although it's out of stock everywhere, and when i contacted them it will only come out in stock this summer. Plus, when i asked them if they are going to release a new version they didn't answered.

As for "accessories" i would prefer volume control, mic functionality but i could add it after either way. Another thing, is i would greatly prefer something that is durable too, even if i'll have to pay extra.

Kind Regards,
Ken

Durable, volume control, mic - well I'm still not sure of the budget. The UE900 (yes I realize their pricing, but relative in audiophilia, they would be considered a good value as they punch above even some of the CIEM demos I've heard not to mention the functionality) does have most of these features (along with a nice, though slight, bass bump) - this would be worth a read for sure http://rinchoi.blogspot.ca/2012/10/ultimate-ears-part3-in-depth-analysis.html. Though it's unlikely from what I'm reading out of your post that this is the sort of budget you're so inclined towards, but better to cover all of the bases.

On the other end of the spectrum there's the X10 with similar functionality and nice bass. However the long-term durability reports haven't been so good. Leaving the mic functions out of the equation, you could also look at something like the BA200 or the GR07s. Their electroacoustic performance is rather good, not to mentioned likely balanced to your tastes (again, would heavily recommend looking at rin's site if you're technically inclined - http://rinchoi.blogspot.ca/2013/04/tdk-ba200.html, http://rinchoi.blogspot.ca/2012/10/vsonic-gr07-mkii.html). These are well known as being exceedingly good values, not to mention the acoustic R&D (yes these are in-house) is staggering for the price and how they still manage to keep it down. 

Appreciate the suggestion.

Budget wise for a durable pair that I can keep for years to come with replaceable cable, my budget is 400ish.  Or I was thinking I could go ulta cheap sub 50 and replace them as they wear out. 

Basically I use them daily for commute and gym.  I got my full seized around the ear for home.  Performance in loud environment is more important to me then my sound preference (anything to avoid the music they play at my gym). Doesn't have to be complete isolation, just enough so I can listen comfortably in moderate to low volume, definitely want to avoid cranking them up too loud.  My problem is that I've had some that were 100 ish but they would fall apart on me after awhile.  It's either the wire would fall apart or the casing would become unglued.  

I was even thinking picking up hd25 II/ apmerior.  Sure they are more in your face then what I am looking for but maybe that's not so bad in noisy environment and I loose some portability but I've heard they are very durable with every part simple to replace.  Price is 200 ish which isn't bad.  Only deal breaker is that isolation wouldn't be as good and I might have to crank up the volume to compete with outside noise.  

Thanks again for the insight.

While I'd still stick to my previous suggestion of the A161p, perhaps adding in the IE800s and GR07 as well (honestly you needed spend that much especially if it's for gym use - longevity is quite nice on these two already), I'd have to say that whatever you've heard about the HD25-ii's isolation is slightly off the mark. They clamp and isolate at IEM-worthy levels.

yamaha eph 100 vs Ath ckm99s? decided not to get the gr04 or the gr06

Both are rather disparate so I'm not sure what led to this choice. Did find it strange how you limited yourself to the VSonics.

Either way not sure of/forgot your sound preferences so I'm just shooting in the dark atm. 

hi guys,
I was thinking of getting myself some nice new IEM's for my budget of about 400$. I listen mainly to Metalcore and related genres as well as EDM( not the chill typ) and from time to time some classic. I will be using my Sansa Clip-->CmoyBB for now but I a thinking of getting myself an Fiio X3 as an upgrade.

I don`t really know what to get, and all the nice reviews and comparisons only make it harder. Anyway I saw that there are some CIEM`s within or only slightly above my budget, and since They semm to be quite good, deciding to even harder for me, so I would appriciate if you could give me some directions. Also I will be using them for a few hours at a time, so they shouldn´t be to fatiquing.

thanks in advance

Genres are helpful but stating sound sig/preferences, preferences in terms of build, isolation, etc, would also be helpful.

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #3,876 of 5,364
Hi there,

Am looking for a new set of in-ear earphones! I'd like the type that actually go into your ears, (I think these are called the canal type or something?) rather than the sort of flat ones (e.g. JVC gummies). I hope that makes sense?! Anyway, my budget is £20, notice I'm in the uk, which is approximately $30. 

I'd like them similar in design to my current earphones. These don't need to be  amazing sound quality by any measure, for home use i have a set of Sony MDR ZX700 which are fine for me and the price I paid for them. I currently have a set of Audio Technica CK300M, I bought them in Japan 4 years or so ago (before I knew what sound quality was!), and I only bought them because on the flight out my apple ones broke. I paid around £10 for them, and I have had them in my pocked with my keys and other junk, all tangled up, and they get on average 2 hours of head time each day. Still, they have lasted 4 years and only today one side is hit and miss :frowning2:, still not a bad innings I think!

So, I am looking for earphones that are durable and will last to similar abuse that my last ones took. I am thinking possibly sennheiser's range or possibly something I did very much like the look of was the Muzx 136 but I think they fall short on the durability side unfortunately! Am very open to opinions :).

Anyway, I hope someone can help, it would be very much appreciated. All the best!

Music Guy

Edit: oh and if possible, sound isolation would be nice, or as much of it as possible! As for sound signiture, not too concerned, just nothing to big in any region if that makes sense!

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #3,877 of 5,364
well as far as the sound sig, It is hard to say, but I would like to have bass that would be adequate for EDM stuff, without bleeding into the other frequencies. Also the trebel should be energetic and engaging to work well with Metalcore stuff. Both not to much, just enough to be audible, so something between neutral and a slight v-shape wouldprobably be the best. The build and isolation should be good, a reason why I was thinking of getting customs, since I mainly use them while on a plane or train. For the sound sig I could add that I have the Hifiman HE-400s and like them, but I think they are a bit to fatiquing, so I guess somethin along those lines is what I am looking for if that helps in any way....

Edit: Also I live in Europe, so some stuff I can´t get my hands on without paying horrendous costum fees

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #3,878 of 5,364
Quote:

The M6 is more "rugged" material wise (metal housings of that nature, however solid it might seem from conception, dent rather easily). Not to mention more sweat resistant. 

Yes, that was the exact same shop who's price I used as reference to after you mentioned the budget.

Hi, sorry to question you, but have you or anyone you know actually bought it from here? 
Looking at the pictures and the descriptions, it seems to be the R02ProII, not the new bass edition.... I'm not sure..

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #3,879 of 5,364
Quote:
well as far as the sound sig, It is hard to say, but I would like to have bass that would be adequate for EDM stuff, without bleeding into the other frequencies. Also the trebel should be energetic and engaging to work well with Metalcore stuff. Both not to much, just enough to be audible, so something between neutral and a slight v-shape wouldprobably be the best. The build and isolation should be good, a reason why I was thinking of getting customs, since I mainly use them while on a plane or train. For the sound sig I could add that I have the Hifiman HE-400s and like them, but I think they are a bit to fatiquing, so I guess somethin along those lines is what I am looking for if that helps in any way....

Edit: Also I live in Europe, so some stuff I can´t get my hands on without paying horrendous costum fees

Slight v-shaped, EDM - sounds like the UE900s to me. They also share a similar tonality (i.e. upper mid dip) as with the HE-400s but treble is smoother overall. Nice build, some have reported failures on the early batch, I've only read the main thread regarding this. So would look into that.
In regards to the pricing, amazon.uk has it for a reasonable amount. I'm sure UE distribution is decent enough that this won't become too much of a problem. 

Quote:
Hi there,

Am looking for a new set of in-ear earphones! I'd like the type that actually go into your ears, (I think these are called the canal type or something?) rather than the sort of flat ones (e.g. JVC gummies). I hope that makes sense?! Anyway, my budget is £20, notice I'm in the uk, which is approximately $30. 

I'd like them similar in design to my current earphones. These don't need to be  amazing sound quality by any measure, for home use i have a set of Sony MDR ZX700 which are fine for me and the price I paid for them. I currently have a set of Audio Technica CK300M, I bought them in Japan 4 years or so ago (before I knew what sound quality was!), and I only bought them because on the flight out my apple ones broke. I paid around £10 for them, and I have had them in my pocked with my keys and other junk, all tangled up, and they get on average 2 hours of head time each day. Still, they have lasted 4 years and only today one side is hit and miss :frowning2:, still not a bad innings I think!

So, I am looking for earphones that are durable and will last to similar abuse that my last ones took. I am thinking possibly sennheiser's range or possibly something I did very much like the look of was the Muzx 136 but I think they fall short on the durability side unfortunately! Am very open to opinions :).

Anyway, I hope someone can help, it would be very much appreciated. All the best!

Music Guy

Edit: oh and if possible, sound isolation would be nice, or as much of it as possible! As for sound signiture, not too concerned, just nothing to big in any region if that makes sense!

Durable, ~30, isolates, balance - Almost sounded like the Brainwavz M2/E30 until you mentioned the price. Other than that, would give the PL30 a look as it slots within the budget for the most part (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soundmagic-PL30-SoundMAGIC-Earphones-Black/dp/B0030ZERIS/ref=pd_cp_ce_1), although the cable, as with the E30s, are on the thin side and the strain relief's aren't as good. Otherwise the shells are rather solid. A thinner note presentation than the E30s but otherwise similar in sig. If durability is key, would look at the Dunu Tridents as well - I've given plenty of friend I know to be rough on stuff these as gifts and they seem to hold up very nicely. Although the sound is nowhere near as balanced or as nice as with the Soundmagic/Brainwavz.

At this pricing, most mainstream Senn offerings are rather paltry and not at all noteworthy.

Quote:
Hi, sorry to question you, but have you or anyone you know actually bought it from here? 
Looking at the pictures and the descriptions, it seems to be the R02ProII, not the new bass edition.... I'm not sure..

To be fair, I got them from here personally - http://www.ebay.com/itm/380376622782?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649, but yes a coworker had gotten them from the amazon seller, so I'm told. I'm inclined to believe him.
The different naming and monikers make it confusing to discern between the two. Nevertheless the reviews at the bottom also point strongly to these being the BEs.

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #3,880 of 5,364
Greetings Head-fi’ers!

I’ve been reading the forums for several weeks trying to educate myself a bit, and am getting ready for my next purchase. I need some advice, as I am not entirely sure which will be the best choice for me.

I listen to a lot of dance/electronic/trance/top40, but also enjoy rock/classical/opera. The majority of my listening is in the first categories by far. What I would like is a fun-sounding IEM for under $200. It would be nice if it has a large soundstage and good instrument separation. I like the idea of the phones giving me a feeling of where the instruments are located physically and a clear presentation. I use a Clip+ and do not own an amp, but will consider it if the IEMs require it.

Now the hard part. I’ve been reading up on GR07’s, RE400’s, SM1’s (currently on sale at $99), R50’s, and XBA40’s. They have different sound signatures, I know that. Right now, I am leaning toward the xba40’s because they excel at electronic music, but I wouldn’t be here asking for advice if I wasn’t a little worried about the down side. They have been described as very dark, and I don’t really catch what that means.

I own GR06’s and SE315’s (bought before I came to head-fi), and now I want something that will be a significant improvement without breaking the bank too much. I am open to suggestions and really want to be sure I have not missed anything. Please help me to make this choice a little easier, and let me know if I’m on the right track. Thanks in advance!

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #3,881 of 5,364
Quote:
Greetings Head-fi’ers!

I’ve been reading the forums for several weeks trying to educate myself a bit, and am getting ready for my next purchase. I need some advice, as I am not entirely sure which will be the best choice for me.

I listen to a lot of dance/electronic/trance/top40, but also enjoy rock/classical/opera. The majority of my listening is in the first categories by far. What I would like is a fun-sounding IEM for under $200. It would be nice if it has a large soundstage and good instrument separation. I like the idea of the phones giving me a feeling of where the instruments are located physically and a clear presentation. I use a Clip+ and do not own an amp, but will consider it if the IEMs require it.

Now the hard part. I’ve been reading up on GR07’s, RE400’s, SM1’s (currently on sale at $99), R50’s, and XBA40’s. They have different sound signatures, I know that. Right now, I am leaning toward the xba40’s because they excel at electronic music, but I wouldn’t be here asking for advice if I wasn’t a little worried about the down side. They have been described as very dark, and I don’t really catch what that means.

I own GR06’s and SE315’s (bought before I came to head-fi), and now I want something that will be a significant improvement without breaking the bank too much. I am open to suggestions and really want to be sure I have not missed anything. Please help me to make this choice a little easier, and let me know if I’m on the right track. Thanks in advance!

Fun, large stage, good separation - find the XBA-30s to not be dark at all but not sure about how that'd translate into the 40s (I remember the 3s being similar enough with the 4s). Likely you'll find the GR07s to fit your criteria generally across the board, the Sonys do better in lateral size but the R50s do pretty darn well for separation. RE-400s might be a bit smoothed out and delicate for some electronic, not sure how you prefer that genre to be presented in particular. 

Apr 20, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #3,882 of 5,364
Quote:

While I'd still stick to my previous suggestion of the A161p, perhaps adding in the IE800s and GR07 as well (honestly you needed spend that much especially if it's for gym use - longevity is quite nice on these two already), I'd have to say that whatever you've heard about the HD25-ii's isolation is slightly off the mark. They clamp and isolate at IEM-worthy levels.

Wow, I've heard HD25ii has descent isolation but didn't know they could rival IEM.  Very impressive indeed.  I am seriously considering them now.   IE800 are definitely out of my budget but I did consider IE80s and although I could probably live with them being bass heavy, quite a few have mentioned their isolation can be lacking, which made me rule them out.  

Regarding GR07 I've read they will introduce a version with replaceable cable this year, if that's true I may just have to wait it out.  Sound wise A161p  definitely seem right up my alley and its a plus that it comes with mic but non replaceable cable gives me pause since I have tendency to destroy them.  

Apr 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #3,883 of 5,364
Quote:
Wow, I've heard HD25ii has descent isolation but didn't know they could rival IEM.  Very impressive indeed.  I am seriously considering them now.   IE800 are definitely out of my budget but I did consider IE80s and although I could probably live with them being bass heavy, quite a few have mentioned their isolation can be lacking, which made me rule them out.  

Regarding GR07 I've read they will introduce a version with replaceable cable this year, if that's true I may just have to wait it out.  Sound wise A161p  definitely seem right up my alley and its a plus that it comes with mic but non replaceable cable gives me pause since I have tendency to destroy them.  

IE800s = TDK IE800s, not the Senns :p

Regarding the replaceable cables thing - if you go back in the Westone 4 thread, around the first few pages, there's a bit of discourse regarding how soldered cable joints might be better off long term than the removable cables. Just playing the devil's advocate and saying it's worth a read - not everything is as it seems at first. And of course it's REALLY hard to find a mic+removable cable on an UIEM by default already. 

I think the new potential replaceable cable GR07 is aimed at a much higher segment of the market - as I've read that they'd incorporate driver upgrades as well. Not positive on this so I'll have to find the source for this later.

Apr 20, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #3,884 of 5,364
hmm, the UE900 seems to be pretty much what I am looking for thanks, but since I started to take an interest in costum IEMs, I wanted to ask wether there are ones available that might be right for me as well, without having to up my budget to much?

Apr 20, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #3,885 of 5,364
Quote:
hmm, the UE900 seems to be pretty much what I am looking for thanks, but since I started to take an interest in costum IEMs, I wanted to ask wether there are ones available that might be right for me as well, without having to up my budget to much?

At this pricing, well even if there was performance gains I'd doubt that they;d have the tonality that the UE900s do. For example, the V3 demo I heard had similarly aggression within each note, but didn't share the same forgiving upper mids and was much warmer. So at this point I would be hesitant, to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back