Buying off ebay
May 10, 2005 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jamiep

New Head-Fier
Ok, so I am keen to get a NW-HD5, and with still no word on a US release date, i am thinking about buying one off ebay that gets shipped from Japan. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of thing? Will it all come in Japanese and give me all sorts of problems? ...would i unquestionably be better off holding off for a few months and hoping that they will appear in the US soon??

May 10, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 7
it all depends. use the "ask seller a question " feature on ebay. ask him what you asked here. usually when i buy its all ok. make sure the seller has a good rating, and that you pay on time, and stay in contact with them until you recieve the item. be sure to rate them. i think i read somewhere that since the HD-5 is only in japan at the mo, the manual and all will be in japaneese. dont know about sonic stage, but im sure you can get ur hands on an english version as its around a while, but word of warning, sonic stage will have you pulling out your hair. its the worst piece of software ever written, buggy , slow, hard to use.... best of luck

May 11, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 7
May 20th release in UK, so US release should be around this time too. Patience is a virtue?
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #4 of 7
Buy it. Theres no reason to fear anything because the seller is from Japan imho. I've bought things off eBay from Japan before, and although shipping was long and expensive, they always got here just fine and perfectly packed.

May 11, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 7
And make sure it is not a Japanese unit!!!!!

May 11, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 7
yeah that's the thing i'm most worried about! Think i'm gonna head to the Sony store here in NYC and see if i can squeeze a release date out of them before i act on anything...but thanks for the input here!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back