Buying new mp3 player and need suggestions! Noob!
Jun 18, 2011 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tuliphead

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
I am very new to all this but recently got some shure se215 iem's and was blown away by the sound.
Saying that, i hate how my ipod nano sounds so "tinny" compared to when i have them into my computer.
The computer sounds much smoother, textured and suppose less horrible treble??
Im just wondering what portable mp3 player would sound closer to the computer if possible??
Im looking at a Sony NWZa845b, would this be closer to what im looking for?? Or how about a sansa fuze??
Sorry i cant explain myself better and thanks for the help!!

Jun 19, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #3 of 5
Ive never used a Sony NWZa845b, but I do have an older sony Mp3 and it has much better sound quality than my Ipod classic 120Gb or iphone. It also has insane battery life, i used to charge it maybe every 5 days after using it everyday while at school (who needs to listen to their dynamics professor anyways). I didnt even have to equalize it to get the sound Im looking for. And this player youre looking at looks like mine on elephant steroids with built in amps and noise cancellation so it should be good. But a lot of people on headfi speak very highly of sansa players and extremely highly of the cowon J3. Once you get into flac files these players play nice too... Some people may push for some portable amp, but I highly doubt its necessary here. 

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the responses guys. I never considered the j3 so ill have a look at that too. The sony seems very tempting but im worried about the volume cap issue for eu devices?? can ya turn that off??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back