buying new IEMs around 1k
Nov 7, 2018 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

matan124

New Head-Fier
Edit: I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the andromeda though I would like to hear more opinions about them.
Note that the Oppo PM3 was a bit to harsh for me so I’m not sure if the andromeda will be so as well since they do have a bump on the 10k frequency.

I don’t have a portable amp/dac and I use iPhone 8.
If it’s a must with the andromeda, I can buy the FiiO q1 mark ii.

Did anyone try the andromeda without a dac/amp or with the q1?

Hey, It’s Black Friday soon and I’m planning to buy new IEMs. Right now I got the noble x (by massdrop) which have the best sound signature I have heard so far. I’m looking for something with same or really close sound signature but with better clarity, separation and sound stage (punchy bass, slight forward mids and relaxed highs). I didn’t listen to a lot of IEMs but from the headphones I have listened to I can say that-

Cascade - the vocals were really missing for me

Oppo pm3 - to polite, missing bass

Vmoda- missing the vocals

Nighthawk- the bass on the noble x sounds better

So far I thought about getting the campfire audio andromeda (don’t know if the bass will be to polite) or noble sage (which have similar sound signature to the noble x) or the k10 from massdrop (but I need to wait till the drop is active again).

I’m also not sure about hybrid because I like the noble x BA driver bass (fast and tight).

Any suggestions? (Will also prefer cheaper options if possible)

Thank you

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 4
Nov 7, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #3 of 4
Don’t know who this person is but..........look!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/noble-k10ua-massdrop.892757/

Thank you but I’d rather buy new from massdrop for the warranty. My noble x started having hissing problem on the right side after a while and I contacted noble in order to fix them and they asked me for the recipe. Pretty sure you need to be the original buyer to get support.
Also is the noble k10 really the best option over other IEMs?
When I looked at them now they seem pretty big too.

Nov 7, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi @matan124,

I suggest the following which may suit your requirements in no particular order :

IEMs
iBasso IT 04
ATH E 70
AAW A3H
Fitear Parterre

Headphones
Sony 1AM2
Fostex TH 610
Meze 99 Classics
Sony 1000 XM2/3

All above, whether IEM or headphones, depend on good source synergy for best performance.

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back