Buying my first proper headphones
Jan 20, 2006 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DJShadow

1000+ Head-Fier
Just been paid my education bonus of £100 and about to spent on a pair of Sennheiser HD 595's.

Am I making the right decision? My experience of what constitutes 'good sound quallity' is so far Shure e3c's and how big is the difference between them and the HD 595's?

So people, I need some final words of encouragement before I jump into the void of Head-Fi...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 20, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 7
But will I need higher end audio equipment?

All I have is an NW-HD3, a generic looking Panasonic VCD player and a cheap DVD player.

And how big is the jump? The jump from crappy stock earbuds to e3c is pretty significant-is the gap between e3c and HD 595 as big or even bigger?

Finally how will the music change? Soundstage? Finer details? etc.

Thanks for putting up with someone out their league
tongue.gif

Jan 20, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 7
It should be good with your current audio equipment, but will benefit from any future equipment upgrades. I don't think it's as big a jump as going to the e3c from stock buds, but it should be appreciable.

You'll find more soundstage, better treble, a bigger, more spacious sound. The sound will be around your ears, not just in your head. And significantly better low-end bass response. Warm and full-bodied, with great details.

Jan 20, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow
Thanks.

And is £100 a good price in the UK for such headphones? It's the best price I've found so far.

I'm just quivering at what awaits my ears...

I'd say so, considering how everything's usually cheaper in the US, and it goes for $250 or so here.

Jan 20, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow
Thanks.

And is £100 a good price in the UK for such headphones? It's the best price I've found so far.

I'm just quivering at what awaits my ears...

http://cgi.ebay.nl/SENNHEISER-HD595-...QQcmdZViewItem
91,75 Gbp shipped I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back