Buying MDR-EX10 Sony IEM instead of ordering Sony Hybrid Ear Tips
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

intercrew

New Head-Fier
I don't feel like ordering another set of sony hybrid tips after my last one being eaten by my dog. I was wondering if anyone has tried buying these pair of IEM:

Sony In-Ear Headphones MDR-EX10

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sony-sony-in-ear-headphones-mdr-ex10-blue-mdrex10lpl/10168698.aspx?path=7390ced63d62eba7cac5168efc841008en02

On the detail of the product it says Hybrid Silicon rubber inner ear headphone and 3 size of earpads supplied. I came to this product after remembering that the Sony Hybrid tips are called EX10A. And these IEM's have the EX10 for the names so maybe I thought they used the same Sony Hybrid tips. If anyone wants to dish out some cash and try buying these or have tried them are they the same sony hybrid tips?

It'll be more beneficial to go out and buy these from a local store than ordering online and having to wait.

Thanks guys :)

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 4
In the photos, you can see that the tips are different than the hybrid tips Sony sells separately. The EX10 tips look like they might be very similar to the tips that come with the much cheaper Panasonic RP-HJE120. The HJE120 also sounds quite good considering its $6 price. On Amazon the HJE120 is rated slightly higher than the MDR-EX10.

The Sony hybrid tips do fit on my Panasonic RP-HJE120. The Sony hybrid tips are okay, but imo nothing special. The only good thing about them is that they give you 4 sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back