Buying Headphones in Canada
Feb 16, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonPirateKing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were the grado sr225s i bought maybe a year ago, for $235 after tax in BC a good price?

That is a good price. Many places overprice them and sell them for around $250CAD before tax

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #20 of 32
Yeah...I buy mainly online.

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #21 of 32
Tell me about it.. I travel to the U.S a fair amount for work and family & just buy headphones while I'm there. Someone mentioned canukaudiomart where I've also found great deals. ebay can also be good- I recently bought a set of DT700 for 107$ shipped to Canada. Then of course there is the head-fi forum. Not all prices are bad in Canada- I once found a new Belkin pure AV regulated power supply for 30$
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #22 of 32
On the latest high end models it seems that the prices are comparable, i.e the Beyerdynamic T1 can be ordered in Canada for the same price as the U.S. discounted price of $995, but on older models - there is no comparison - and there is no duty on headphones ordered from the US - just GST. Shipping by USPS is cheapest but the waiting time can be 2 weeks with most of that time taken sitting in Canada Customs waiting for 'review'.

Feb 17, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the latest high end models it seems that the prices are comparable, i.e the Beyerdynamic T1 can be ordered in Canada for the same price as the U.S. discounted price of $995, but on older models - there is no comparison - and there is no duty on headphones ordered from the US - just GST. Shipping by USPS is cheapest but the waiting time can be 2 weeks with most of that time taken sitting in Canada Customs waiting for 'review'.

You know any retailers that sell T1 w/ GST only?

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #26 of 32
Canadians seem to get screwed with pricing on everything. Outside the basic necessities of life (and those are only reasonable in certain areas) Canada is a very expensive place to be.

Feb 17, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenced /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canadians seem to get screwed with pricing on everything. Outside the basic necessities of life (and those are only reasonable in certain areas) Canada is a very expensive place to be.

That's why we have to rely on our friends to the south for competitive pricing!
smile.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darksyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have fun at Bay Bloor Radio...

Actually, their pricing for the D2000s isn't that bad. But I've read that their CS isn't that amazing. Will just have to see that myself! =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back