Buying headphones from eBay...
Jun 14, 2006 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Mr. Fox

New Head-Fier
Hi

I've been looking for some Senn HD595s and the cheapest I've found them is at just under £90 from here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SENNHEISER-HD5...QQcmdZViewItem

He manages to nicely undercut the £120-£150 I'd pay elsewhere. Is there anything I should know/be wary of about getting them from eBay?

Or does anyone know where I could get them cheaper? I'm gonna give Richer Sounds a call tomorrow to see if they can beat £90.

So does this look OK?

Thanks in advance,

Matt.

Jun 14, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 11
only £79.99 ( $123,- )

And if you pay VAT, It'll be refunded...

thats not much, and with his feedback I say this is a good deal
580smile.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 11
I think that's probably the most perfect feedback I've ever seen on ebay. Even with good sellers, when they have that many transactions, they've almost always had a few knuckleheads leave unwarranted negatives.

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #6 of 11
Buying headphones from eBay is no different from any other purchase. Caveat emptor, but do your homework, read the fine print in the description and check the feedback, and you should be fine. I got my HD650 off eBay for about 30% off what retail outlets were charging.

Jun 15, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #7 of 11
I have just bought a set of hd650's from the guy. I did my homework before hand, checked up on the company on the Companies House website, checked the Patent and Copyright offices (he has trademarked his company logo) so looks legit. Considering someone else has bought from him here and they have had a plesent experiance is even more comforting to me! :p

I will let you know how i get on if you wish, I know for a fact that they send out full invoices / proof of purchase with the goods so your warranty with Sennhiser is in safe hands! :p
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2006 at 8:45 AM Post #9 of 11
Wow, ordered on Thursday morning and they came today (Saturday morning). That's one hell of a good eBayer! Didn't expect weekend delivery. I can only massively recommend this guy along with others in this thread. Incredible headphones, too.

Jun 17, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #10 of 11
Cool. I was going to buy from him, but he doesn't ship to North America (and now I bought something else instead). I'll have to get him to ship to Asia, and have someone pick it up. It's a hassle for me, but I think I might do it next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back