Buying Grados in Canada?
Jun 9, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #16 of 29
Thank you for all the replies. I've been looking at the MS1 today and it does seem like a better deal than the SR60 considering I might also be able to get a friend to ship it across. The Alessandro site says "Buy Online Now and receive a 25% Discount PLUS Free Shipping". Is that 25% of $99 or has it already been deducted from an original price?

I already own a pair of 580s, but the reason I'm looking at these is because the wireless RCAs that I used for my TV died recently. So when it comes down to it $30 more on top of $80 and I can get a pretty awesome, but non-wireless, replacement that won't be just limited to TV use. I've always wanted to try out the Grado/Alessandro lineup and now I have a reason to
orphsmile.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick
Thank you for all the replies. I've been looking at the MS1 today and it does seem like a better deal than the SR60 considering I might also be able to get a friend to ship it across. The Alessandro site says "Buy Online Now and receive a 25% Discount PLUS Free Shipping". Is that 25% of $99 or has it already been deducted from an original price?

I already own a pair of 580s, but the reason I'm looking at these is because the wireless RCAs that I used for my TV died recently. So when it comes down to it $30 more on top of $80 and I can get a pretty awesome, but non-wireless, replacement that won't be just limited to TV use. I've always wanted to try out the Grado/Alessandro lineup and now I have a reason to
orphsmile.gif

There should be an asterisk saying that the 25% discount doesn't apply to headphones and a few other things.

Jun 9, 2005 at 7:18 AM Post #20 of 29
Buy at headfi for sale/trades
biggrin.gif

and get it ship from USPS!

Jun 9, 2005 at 2:30 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrOctagon
I live in Canada and am thinking about picking up a pair of Grados as well. I'm not too fussy about ordering from the US or overseas even, so wouldn't it be okay to just order from Todd's? Or are they like Headroom and won't ship to Canada...anyone know? Those Audioshop prices do seem pretty high, even after factoring in the exchange rate...

Unfortunately for us Canadians, we cannot buy Grados from any online retailer in US (and that includes Headroom, Todd's, Goodcans etc). If you read carefully, e.g. http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-ma...rado-sr-80.php, you'll see a note to International Customers stating that Grado Labs has asked all US retailers not to sell to a few of the countries where Grado Labs have local distributers. Canada is one of those countries. Hence, you'll have to make do with Canadian sites like
http://www.audioshop.on.ca
or
http://www.a4audio.com

Jun 9, 2005 at 3:01 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrOctagon
Those Audioshop prices do seem pretty high, even after factoring in the exchange rate...

In all fairness, it's not Audioshop's fault, it's Grado's inflated Canadian MSRP pricing policy. Audioshop does ship using a fast courier included in the price. I am in Ottawa, and will attest to Audioshop's web sales guy Marc for top notch friendly service.

Jun 9, 2005 at 9:28 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quad
Sound Hounds Victoria. Talk to Don. not on a Monday. Tell him some insane freak on the web gave you his name.

Does Don have a web page I can visit? How much does he sell for SR-60, if it is $129CAD, it is same as in Hi-fi centre in downtown Vancouver. Does he charge shipping from Victoria to Vancouver?

Jun 10, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amuse
Any good headphone shops in vancouver? For Sennheiser, AKG, ect.

Hmmm...I heard that Commercial Electronics on Burrard St. has a huge Headphones selection down in their basement. I haven't had time to check them out but a colleague of mine who bought a Senn HD600 told me so.

http://www.commercialelectronics.ca/Home.html

Jun 10, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by G.H.
Does Don have a web page I can visit? How much does he sell for SR-60, if it is $129CAD, it is same as in Hi-fi centre in downtown Vancouver. Does he charge shipping from Victoria to Vancouver?

Remember, if you buy from out of province you save the PST. That's a reason to go with an Ontario dealer like www.audioshop.on.ca (my local dealer). He will ship for free and you only pay GST.

Jun 10, 2005 at 7:17 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
I am in Ottawa, and will attest to Audioshop's web sales guy Marc for top notch friendly service.

I'll second that. I've bought RS-1, RS-2, SR325, SR325i, SR225, SR125, SR80 and SR60 from Marc. Had a few repairs as well that were handled quickly and efficiently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back