Buying from jaben, is it safe?
Aug 18, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #16 of 29
Of course it's safe, Jaben is THE most trustworthy audiophile store out there. Their customer service from them, especially Uncle Wilson, is pretty damn good! Though at times, they might be slow at replying. Everything is good but im sorry to say that Crossroads/Hippo products have always been known to have poor build quality and most of them break down easily. Well there are some that would last for a long long time but those are pretty rare cases.

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #20 of 29
cool, let me know will ya?
Iv just emailed them about the JH5 offer & how impressions would work. (postage etc)
Would probably order the w1000 bundle or jh5 if could be shipped from EU

Aug 19, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #22 of 29
i've heard from friends their after sales service is sometimes abit slow.. but they sure have alot of options available.

Aug 19, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #23 of 29
I ordered the VB's from Jaben. No problems here at all.

Aug 19, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #24 of 29
Hmm you guys should pm them because sometimes they don't sell US products to other places (maybe only NA). I remember asking them two years ago for the price of shipping the ms1 to canada and i got a reply that they are not allowed to sell those brands to the NA.

Aug 20, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #25 of 29
Well, I just received the reply from them. There will be a website for Jaben Portugal when the store opens. Atm, they only ship to Portugal.
Also, they currently have these products in stock:
[size=x-small]Hippo Boom (36, 50€), Hippo Shroom EB (49€), Hippo Shroom (42€), Hippo VB (66€), Hippo Gumstick + Hippo VB (110€), Hippo Gumstick + Hippo Shroom (85€), Hippo Gumstcik + Hippo Pearl (75€).[/size]

[size=x-small]They'll notify me when the site is up a.s.a.p.[/size]
[size=x-small](and i'll post it here).[/size]

The physical store will be located in [size=x-small]Forum Vasco da Gama in Lisbon.[/size]

[size=x-small]That's all for now[/size].

Aug 20, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #26 of 29
Hippo VB has served me well for a year now. All earphones/audio gear breaks sooner or later; VB is great budget earphone with metal casing and variable base. Want  something more durable and high tech, expect to pay $100 and up..
Hippo great sub $100 earphone. Sound mind blowing with GoVibe martini or petite portable amp also available from Jaben store. 

Aug 20, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #27 of 29
So far I'm really satisfied with the store.. no matter whether it's storefront, or after-sales, the customer service is absolutely flawless.. I spent half a day there testing K702, HD600, Ortofon eQ-7, UE TF 10, and a ton of other high end stuff..

PLUS, the workers there are not your ordinary store workers -- they know what they're talking about as they're audio enthusiasts like us!

Aug 20, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #28 of 29
I have bought a couple of things from jaben. Everything went smoothly.

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #29 of 29
I emailed Unclewilsons about jaben not replying to my emails about my broken headphones and they got onto it and told them to send me another pair. lol.

Should get it in a week, thankyou uncle wilson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back