Buying Beyer DT 770s in Canada?
Sep 26, 2005 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

muckshot

100+ Head-Fier
Does anybody know where I can order Beyer DT 770s in Canada? I was looking specifically for the 80 ohm version, though they seem tough to find and I suppose I'd settle for the 250 ohm version. How about the best current prices in the US or elsewhere? I read that guitar center has them for a pretty decent price, but I'd need someone to buy them and send them to me as they don't offer them for sale online
frown.gif

Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 2
Ok, so I changed the title from 'Buying 770s in Canada' to 'Buying 770s' in hopes that a few more people might take a look at this thread
icon10.gif

As mentioned above, I've read that Guitar Center in the US has them for about 150$, best price I've heard of so far, but as per above, they don't sell online or ship to Canada.

Meier Audio in Germany can provide them for 200$ (that INCLUDES worldwide postage). TakeFiveAudio.com has them for 289.00 CDN (approx 240$ US).

I also emailed Beyerdynamics in Germany and my email is being forwarded and re-forwarded and as of yet I've gotten no word of prices or dealers.

Finally, ye olde Headroom has the 250ohm version for 230$ US, though they haven't gotten back to me as to whether they have the 80 ohm version I'm looking for - shipping can be pretty expensive with Headroom though.

So unless I can get someone to buy me a pair from Guitar Center, Meier Audio seems like the best bet so far at 200$ for cans, shipping from Germany is included in that price. That's not bad, but I'm really hoping for some Head-Fi input before I spend more than I need to. Thanks to anyone who has any advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back