Buying an MP3 Player tomorow - Ipod vs Zune vs others
Apr 17, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #16 of 42
^^ is a CX300 fine with the zune or should I get something better like Sony EX71 or so ?

Recommend me any earphone (prefers inside the ear) that I could get on ebay or any online store. Price range 25-100 USD. Thanks.

Apr 17, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ is a CX300 fine with the zune or should I get something better like Sony EX71 or so ?

Recommend me any earphone (prefers inside the ear) that I could get on ebay or any online store. Price range 25-100 USD. Thanks.

The Sony Fontopia MDR-EX51LP are a great value @ $39.99 (prolly cheaper if you hunt) and are widely available.
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/Inte...1LP&Dept=audio

I kinda jumped right to the $180 Shure E3c's so I do not have any recommendations for anything @ $100 but I bet there a many a good folk here that do
smily_headphones1.gif

I think that you will be very pleasantly surprised @ just how much better your Zune will sound!

Apr 17, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #18 of 42
^^ ok. thanks.

Apr 17, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #19 of 42
beware of zune.. I love everything about it, until recently its been dry and warm here so my rig went from my coat pocket to my jean pocket.. I cant walk around for more than a few minutes before static electricity build up causes the Zune to SHUT DOWN... it takes about a minute to reboot itself before you can take it out and manually resume listening. very irritating, boarder line unuseable and MS does not recognize it as an issue.

http://www.cliczune.com/2007/02/static_problems.html

oh but the SQ is great~
cool.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #20 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beware of zune.. I love everything about it, until recently its been dry and warm here so my rig went from my coat pocket to my jean pocket.. I cant walk around for more than a few minutes before static electricity build up causes the Zune to SHUT DOWN... it takes about a minute to reboot itself before you can take it out and manually resume listening. very irritating, boarder line unuseable and MS does not recognize it as an issue.

oh but the SQ is great~
cool.gif

Sorry to hear that. Never had that problem with mine (and I have had static through my headphones zap me pretty good a few times).
Odd that this problem has not shown up even once on any the Zune boards that I frequent in the 6 months since the Zune has been out.

Apr 17, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #21 of 42
Amazon has the Zune for $220 and I was going to go to BestBuy and pick it up for $250 if I decide to get it.

The 80GB ipod is ~$330 and the 30GB is ~$230.

Right now it's basically a shootoff between the two... going to look up any reviews.

Can anyone draw me up a list of pros and cons between the two, in totality? It looks like a lot of threads were deleted because I can't find any between this month or so and I'm sure a lot of Ipod vs Zune threads were deleted along with them.

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #22 of 42
Just read that new Zune 2.0s and Flash Zunes will be "fabricated prior the 2007 holiday season".

So if I do get a Zune, I'd want the resale value to be decent... anyone think I could get ~$150 at least before or when the 2.0s are released? I'm really leaning toward the Zune right now, especially because everyone has an Ipod and it's really annoying..

Plus the screen looks great up close and I just like the design.

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #25 of 42
Oh hell if there's a replacement plan I'm going with the Zune hands down.

I doubt Best Buy will price match an online competitor. Maybe Circuit City would?
Would just rather buy at a B&M for something like this, really.

Apr 17, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh but the SQ is great~
cool.gif

sorry but static electricity causes pretty much ever player to shut down. for example, it shuts down my gmini 402. oh yes. ricardo don't get the fontopias. get the jvc marshmallows or the ep-630.

Apr 17, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #27 of 42
You say space is not an issue... well, can you live with 8GB? If so, the Meizu M6 might be worth considering.

Cowon/iAudio make some good players too, ranging from flash to HD based.

Apr 17, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #28 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by kikkomang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry but static electricity causes pretty much ever player to shut down. for example, it shuts down my gmini 402. oh yes. ricardo don't get the fontopias. get the jvc marshmallows or the ep-630.

Thanks for the advice. Noted.

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #29 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try to see if you can price-match Best Buy for $220, then get the Zune with a replacement plan to upgrade when the 2.0 comes out.

And how this plan works exactly?

Apr 18, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #30 of 42
Bestbuy and Circuit City both do not have an upgrade plan.. Only a protection plan for if you break the Zune or it stops functioning.

Will be ordering off of Amazon in a few. $220 is the best price I've seen so far, even lower than a 30GB Ipod. It is THICKER than an Ipod but it actually seems like it may be lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back