buying active, smaller speakers
Nov 22, 2009 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

munchzilla

500+ Head-Fier
ohayou gozaimasuuuuuu!
I'm looking for a smaller pair of active speakers. does not have to be the best cause I'm short on money at the moment (damn you christmas)

was hoping for <500euros. going to listen to mostly ambient/post-rock/electronic/classic (not very bass-heay)

something that doesn't depend so much on placing and room I think. going to have it mostly for daytime listening when studying and reading, can't really focus when I got my headphones on.
o2smile.gif

so yeah it doesn't have to be the best. the cheaper the better really... but not too bassy and clear and nice mids/highs.

looks are quite important since I am very picky about how my room is furnished. black/white/gray would be the best colors but most are black right?

I looked at the nuforce icon + nuforce S1 but they seem to be a bit too bassless? looks very nice though. can't afford the subwoofer yet so.. hmm.

help help!
beerchug.gif

Nov 23, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 6
Mackie MR5

Nov 23, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

old cheap ls3/5a

cheap + old LS3/5a = mutual exclusivity

The LS3/5a are collectors items and sell for far more than their actual value. My Adam A5s, to my ears, sound infinitely better than my pair of LS3/5a.

Nov 23, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #6 of 6
would those be good for my "demands"? I mean.. I want to avoid the sweet-spot and realized maybe I should go for bipolar non active ones.

and could you please describe the headphones briefly when you recommend them? I guess they all sound like I asked for but it would feel better if you could give some details

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back