Buying a Zhaolu 2 form Diykits. Some help pls.
Aug 7, 2006 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dead Ghost

100+ Head-Fier
I decided to buy a Zhaolu 2 1852 from Eddie...I'm not planning to mod it myself or to send it to Ori. So all the mods will be made by Eddie. What mods should i ask him to perform? Be specific so i could copy-paste it to him, as i am a total noob at this...
biggrin.gif

Besides the headphone amp upgrade and "Main DA replace OPA-2604 at butter stage with DY-2000 Ceramic ", should i get anything else? I'm not sure about the Blackgate upgrade if it worths 55$, should i get it?

Aug 8, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 7
Shall we lend a hand to Dead Ghost ? Maybe give some opines ? Here are mine. I would ask Eddie to fully bypass the DC blocking caps , get the Black Gate mod , and the CS chip. The DC blocking cap mod will VOID the warranty but sounds very good.

Aug 8, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #3 of 7
I dont know if he does these mods but should be worthwhile to have him disable XLR output, disable the headamp (Unless you dont have a dedicated one), and disable the LEDs.

Aug 8, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldo_Lopez
I dont know if he does these mods but should be worthwhile to have him disable XLR output, disable the headamp (Unless you dont have a dedicated one), and disable the LEDs.

Disable the LEDs? Isn't that pushing the envelope just a little? I don't hear of anyone else doing that with other amps/dacs that they buy.

Aug 8, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 7
Don't like to complicated things but I would pass on paying the extra for the blackgate upgrade.

Aug 10, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
get a soldering iron. yes, i know you don't want to; do it anyway

You know your all too right ! Im just hesitant to suggest it to others with no soldering experience. Everyone has old broken circuit boards around though they make for good practice , you can find them anywhere in a basement , toasters , VCRs ect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back