Buying a Sansa clip with Rockbox on ebay Safe?
Nov 17, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 10
As an owner of a Sansa Clip Zip with Rockbox, i should say that its a very stable OS and has great features including native support for various audio formats including FLAC and WAV, so go for it, but be careful with who you buy it from, they are not expensive as new from Radioshack either just saying. Rockbox is Open Source which is Free.

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 10
Yup, I confirm what TheJosablo said. I've never had a problem with rockbox. In the event that it does crash you can always just re-install it I guess. Because the clip is so tiny you will probably loose it before that happens. I've lost a couple already :frowning2:.

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 10
You can get a brand new one from Amazon for like 22-25 dollars and be happy that nobody else has been wiping their boogers on it. Rockbox is free and ridiculously easy to install in about 5 minutes or so.

I have used Rockbox on a whole bunch of different players: Clip, Clip+, Clip Zip, Fuze, Fuze+, E200, C200, iPod Nano, iPod 5G, Toshiba Gigabeat, never fails to impress.

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #5 of 10
I just won the item. 

Its a Sansa Clip Zip with Rockbox on it. I have heard the Zip is the best version from many people. Any opinions on this? From my research the Zip, the regular, and the + are all pretty similar. 

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #8 of 10
Clip Zip has a micro-sd slot, yes. It's not any different from the Clip+ soundwise.

I prefer the Clip+ mostly because it's easier to use when running. The buttons are situated in a way that makes them easier to push with your thumb while holding the player in the same hand. With the Clip Zip I feel like I need both hands to work the thing.

The Clip Zip has a bigger and color screen though, just depends on what you like. Either one is a good buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back