buyers remorse
Sep 19, 2005 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

pne

Headphoneus Supremus
so last week I bought a creative zen touch 40gb online, and while it's still in the mail getting to me, I'm already having second thoughts. The iaudio x5 is really catching my eye, as well as a lot of other players. I sorta jumped on the creative as an impulse buy. what do you guys think? should I sell it, eat the shipping loss, and get a newer player?

Basically, these are the most important things i'm looking for: navagation ease, sound quality, format support, battery life, capacity(+20gb).

Sep 19, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
so last week I bought a creative zen touch 40gb online, and while it's still in the mail getting to me, I'm already having second thoughts. The iaudio x5 is really catching my eye, as well as a lot of other players. I sorta jumped on the creative as an impulse buy. what do you guys think? should I sell it, eat the shipping loss, and get a newer player?

Basically, these are the most important things i'm looking for: navagation ease, sound quality, format support, battery life, capacity(+20gb).

Format support has never been one of Creative's strong points. You get MP3, WMA lossy, and WAV. That's it.

Sep 19, 2005 at 11:33 PM Post #4 of 17
i'd send it back, get something a bit more modern. xtra is like 2 years old, which is relatively ancient as things go

x5 is a great dap, btw.

Sep 20, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
which is why i'm considering an upgrade!

Uh, I know. I was tryin' to help you out by validating one of your reasons for the remorse thing dude. You know you wanna do it. Just eat the shipping charges, return the Zen, and get the DAP you *really* want.

Sep 20, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
i'd send it back, get something a bit more modern. xtra is like 2 years old, which is relatively ancient as things go

But he bought a Touch, not an Xtra.
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #7 of 17
Besides battery life, I don't see how the zen touch player is superior to many other alternatives out there. Unless you're getting it below 200 bux. Otherwise, I recommand the Sony NW-HD5. Small, amazing battery life, no need for cradle, replaceable battery, sounds good, while still retains 20G of storage. Right now only $255 from amazon, no tax to most states. One of the downside about HD5 is the crack button problem though. Well, there is no perfect player
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #8 of 17
gah, forget the Sony. get the X5. Good friend of mine uses it and couldn't be happier...the Zen is a good player still however, but with the X5 you'll have color, video, more formats, blah blah all of this you already know.

Sep 20, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 17
don't really care about the color screen, i'd like to hear from x5 owners, how hard is it to scroll about and navigate? i have a nomad jukebox which uses a wheel to scroll, and i find it is the biggest pita. I love ipods touch sensitive wheel and that almost sold it to me, but the battery life is unacceptable. point being that if i have 5000 songs i dont wanna be rolling a wheel to get thru them all.

Sep 20, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by outsidelookingin
you seriously lack competence

And you, tactfulness.

Sep 20, 2005 at 8:12 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
i'd like to hear from x5 owners, how hard is it to scroll about and navigate? i have 5000 songs i dont wanna be rolling a wheel to get thru them all.

Depending on how well organised your music is, it can be anything from easy to super-easy to navigate. I have mine sorted in genre/artist/album and its a snap to skip between them. The cursor picks up speed at just the right pace if you need to scoll more then a few steps too, so its not too bad to have many songs in one directory either. soundquality is awesome.

Get the X5L - you wont be dissapointed.

(unless your getting it for its "supahr coolar screen", cause that sucks for anything fancier than simpsons

Sep 21, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #13 of 17
i gotta vouch for the x5. sure it isnt perfect, but its damn near close. great player i am very happy. and go with the 'L' version if u can. that battery life is well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back