Buy earphone or not?
Feb 20, 2009 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

zulu1

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking about buying a sony s638.
Now would you recommend me to buy new earphones or are the sonys ok?
Maybe in-ear? I hear hip hop, pop ...

I heared the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3 are good that would be like a limit not more... cheaper would be better!

Feb 21, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #6 of 21
lol Mark

zulu I think searching would be a good idea.

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Search Results

Only you know if these are what you need and within your budget, since you didn't give us anything to compare these to. Something like "Trying to decide between the Sony s638 stock earphones or upgrading to Shure SCL3" at least gives us some type of scope to go from.

What is your budget, what do you prefer (bassy, lots of treble, flat sounding, over the ear, buds, canal, etc), and stuff like that are also important.

Feb 21, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #7 of 21
In ear, hip hop & pop... Sound like the Senn IE8's would do
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #8 of 21
well the ie8 are too expensive I would say around 50 Dollars.
As I never owened a very good sounding dap and good earphones can't really tell you what I prefer...

Should I use sony s638 stock or upgrade?
biggrin.gif

What do you think about UE super.fi 3 and Sennheiser CX300?
Are there better ones in these price regions?

shure se530^^ not really
biggrin.gif
Would like to start low

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by zulu1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well the ie8 are too expensive I would say around 50 Dollars.
As I never owened a very good sounding dap and good earphones can't really tell you what I prefer...

Should I use sony s638 stock or upgrade?
biggrin.gif

What do you think about UE super.fi 3 and Sennheiser CX300?
Are there better ones in these price regions?

shure se530^^ not really
biggrin.gif
Would like to start low

still some info lacking but getting better, like what currency do you mean? and what country you in can be helpful, will assume both to be us.

what have you used before earphone wise?

for the us$50 mark id be thinking nuforce-7 or the denon C551

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #11 of 21
Depends on how important sound quality is for you. I will say that the bundled canal buds with 636/8/9, EX082, is pretty good in terms of clarity and bass. If you are thinking of CX300 for example, don't bother since the EX082 does the bass just as well. You'll get better soundstaging than most also since it sits more shallow in your ear. It's also got the J-cable, which some people prefer. However, you'll get next to no isolation with it and the cords look fragile as hell, so keep that in mind.

Of course, it won't hold a candle to some of the better IEM's out there. But try it and see. I wholeheartedly recommend the player, its nice, small, and slim, has great SQ and EQ options. Lack of lossless besides WAV sucks but 320k do just as well in portable situations IMO.

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #12 of 21
I'm guessing bass thump would be a primary desire. You could try the Sennheiser CX300. Just be careful - there's lots of fakes being sold - get them from a reputable dealer.

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #13 of 21
yeah had to decide between d2 and sony but the sony is slim and because I will use it everywhere I think it is the best choice for me.

ok. I live in Germany and the currency here is Euro. So I was thinking to spend about 30€.

Still nothing about UE super.fi 3

Oh yeah and like I said i never owned a good sounding player and good earphones so I can't really say something about my sound desires... but I think bass would be good as I like to hear music with bass.

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #14 of 21
The earphones that come bundled with the Sony are fine unless you're looking for great detail, in which case a lot of people would recommend the Nuforce NE-7m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back