Buy Darkvoice 336SE from Amazon or Drop.com ?
Jul 20, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #16 of 18
This is such a nice and wholesome response. The last lines just effectively sum up what has been exactly going on in my mind. I think in this case then, going via Drop will more or less be the same. Only thing is in case the DV develops an issue how do I repair it ? I don't have the know how to do this so I guess I would need to approach someone locally, if there are any people locally that can repair this :)
If a tube on the 336SE burns out, that's an easy (and cheap) fix.
If my 336SE ever broke beyond my ability to repair, I would just dump it into the garbage, shipping something back to China for warranty is just not something i would bother with.
With the weight of the 336SE, Fast shipping back to China might cost more than what one might expect.
Slow shipping back to China would mean a long time being without a working 336SE.

Jul 21, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #18 of 18
Again, thanks so much for the help and I think I owe an update to what I finally got. I got the following Bottlehead Crack package at, what I thought was a decent price, and pulled the trigger. My wife doesn't know yet though :wink:
  1. Bottlehead Crack w/ speedball upgrade
  2. Western Electric 421A power tube
  3. Mullard 1960s Great Britain labeled 12AU7 tube
  4. Telefunken (West German genuine) ECC82/12AU7 tube tests new @ 114/110
  5. Brand new Mullard 12AU7 tube (2019, Russian version)
  6. Brand new Tung Sol 5998 7236 power tube
  7. RCA stock power tube and pre amp tube included for free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back