Buy cheap with no warranty or at retail with warranty? (UM3X RC)
Sep 7, 2011 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

SoulSyde

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm about to click "Purchase" on a pair of Westone UM3X RC headphones for $110 below retail from an "Amazon Fullfilled" Amazon.com dealer.  Would you save the $110 and forget the warranty (2 years) or pay full-retail and have a warranty?

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 17
Go warranty; always better safe than sorry in the end, I say. 
smile.gif

Sep 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 17
I found a 15% coupon for Earphone Solutions so I saved $60, got free shipping, and was able to purchase them from an authorized dealer!  I should have my new UM3X RCs in about a week. 
etysmile.gif

Sep 7, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 17
Good choice and happy listening :)

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
I found a 15% coupon for Earphone Solutions so I saved $60, got free shipping, and was able to purchase them from an authorized dealer!  I should have my new UM3X RCs in about a week. 
etysmile.gif

this is always the correct choice. support vendors by buying from authorized dealers. also protects yourself from knockoffs and lack of warranty. 
beerchug.gif

earphone solutions is an excellent dealer. :)

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
this is always the correct choice. support vendors by buying from authorized dealers. also protects yourself from knockoffs and lack of warranty. 
beerchug.gif

earphone solutions is an excellent dealer. :)

I always try to, but $110 is $110.  Finding the 15% discount code made my decision a no-brainer.

BTW, nice username!

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #10 of 17
The 'Crawfords Superstore/Ebasement - fulfilled by Amazon' deal is extremely shady. Westone even explicitly mentions on their website that they could very well be selling knockoff/b-stock/stolen equipment & that the warranty won't be honored. Think about it, there has to be a reason they're able to constantly sell Westones at that big of a discount. 

Not worth it...

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 17

Quote:
The 'Crawfords Superstore/Ebasement - fulfilled by Amazon' deal is extremely shady. Westone even explicitly mentions on their website that they could very well be selling knockoff/b-stock/stolen equipment & that the warranty won't be honored. Think about it, there has to be a reason they're able to constantly sell Westones at that big of a discount. 

Not worth it...

I was only going to use a "Fullfilled by Amazon" dealer which means the inventory is stored/shipped by Amazon's warehouse and highly unlikely to be stolen/knockoff, but I agree with you fully knowing I made the right decision.

Sep 10, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #14 of 17
I'm killing this thread, thanks for the help everyone.

Here are my initial impressions of the UM3X:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/422240/westone-um3x-appreciation-thread/3645#post_7744471

Users who are viewing this thread

Back