BUSTED!!!
Apr 9, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #16 of 71
Well my Stealth arrived yesterday and was gleaming on the rack, when the little lady came home, while I was enjoying it instead of fixing dinner(I rarely fix dinner coz work later than the Misses) but decided to cut-out at a reasonable hour coz Stealth was lonely.

She knew it was on order. I did sneak in the XR-2 and HD650s thru work though last month.

Anyway, she greeted the Stealth with a BIG SMILE! knowing I had not done anything domestic like she normally does when getting back at a decent hour. I did bring home beer. First response was so oh wheres my Tiffany, Mikimoto, ???

I did buy her a little digital camera last month.

Well I hate buying jewerly can barely spell it. But a minor expense compared to my audio. Instead we are off to Hawaii in June. Something I can enjoy too. Sorry but tiny jewlery that can only be noticed/appreciated on close inspection brings me little pleasure(She loves it though). At least the Misses enjoys my audio, well most of it.

The Meridian will be here soon too, kind of opening the flood gates damage is done might as well stock up. So can get more mileage out of the make up(Hawaii trip). Guessing some new shoes and/or jewelry needs to be factored in too.

So now when I buy more toys I budget for the import tax(imposed by the lady of the house) too. Though still try and avoid the tax as much as possible.

Apr 9, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #17 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
See, here's my problem:

I have a rather unusual wife - she doesn't like to spend money!!

While this is generally a good thing if my buddies are to be believed, she thinks that also should apply to me!!

Oh well...

BTW - nobody wants to know what I bought??
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nice attribute IMO... Tell, please and pr0n too...

Apr 9, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #18 of 71
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

Ahhh hahhh, the real reason for this post. I knew it wasn't the wifely thing.
biggrin.gif
What'd ya' get? Come on, out with it!

Apr 9, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #19 of 71
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

I didn't want to pry, but since you asked???????

Apr 9, 2004 at 4:32 AM Post #20 of 71
Nothing too crazy....just a set of Shure E3C's to go with my new (used) iPod (which she also doesn't quite know about yet).
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 9, 2004 at 4:39 AM Post #21 of 71
Hopefully she doesn't ask what you're gonna power them with. That would be bad news.

Apr 9, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #22 of 71
Quote:

Nothing too crazy....just a set of Shure E3C's to go with my new (used) iPod (which she also doesn't quite know about yet).
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh my, I'm thinking that's for the best...

Apr 9, 2004 at 6:30 AM Post #23 of 71
Quote:

I have a rather unusual wife - she doesn't like to spend money!!

While this is generally a good thing if my buddies are to be believed, she thinks that also should apply to me!!

That's one smart woman, and your buddies are right. My parents liked to spend, and wound up forking themselves over to some credit card companies and the IRS on a silver platter they paid for but didn't quite pay for, ya know? So hell, embrace her. If she keeps you in check and your bank accounts positive, love her in every way you can.

Apr 9, 2004 at 6:43 AM Post #24 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
I think you might be over simpifying Doug. The reality is that significant others are usually OK with a few hijinks as long as they know two things:
1) You wouldn't do anything that would hurt them.
2) When it comes down to it, you are just as willing to dig deep and spend on them. This explains the $3000 dining room table I have in my house.
eek.gif

Good Lord! Based on my simple calculations (I have a $199.99 dining room table, and 'we' have around $16,000 invested in the home theater, so far) you must have spent around $241,000 on um, ur, oh, something, or a bunch of somethings.

Hmmm, must be something wrong with my math, or my taste in dining room tables.
blink.gif

Tolovana

Team Walmart

Apr 9, 2004 at 6:49 AM Post #25 of 71
Heheh, I'm in the same boat. My fiance doesn't like to spend a lot of money either. It makes her sick to her stomach.

I tell her about everything I buy. Although, since buying the R10, she's been shaking her head. So I've slowed down a bit.
evil_smiley.gif

I wish I took a picture of the look on her face when I told her how much it cost. I joked about selling the big screen TV to pay for it, but she shot daggers with her eyes when I said that. (it's only fair, the TV costs almost as much as my entire headphone stuff.)
She complained about buying the TV at first, but then she dominated the TV, after we started watching it. I can't.....get the remote......back.....
biggrin.gif
LOL, and get this. She's a channel flipper..... Good thing I got that nice expensive programable remote I'll never touch again.

So I guess it does come down to envy. Your partner wants in on the buying action too. If you are lucky enough to have a partner that is into head-fi also, then bonus! Although, that could be more of a curse, as you won't have a sane voice in the house be bankrupt in no time, or more likely (as in my TV example) you'll never see your headphone stuff again!
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Apr 9, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #26 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by Tolovana
Good Lord! Based on my simple calculations (I have a $199.99 dining room table, and 'we' have around $16,000 invested in the home theater, so far) you must have spent around $241,000 on um, ur, oh, something, or a bunch of somethings.

Heh, if it were up to me I wouldn't even bother with one, maybe set up a card table when it was really required and that's about it. But my wife who is usually a skinflint (except when spending my money) fell in love with it. It was so obvious she loved it that even without her saying anything I went ahead and bought it. She never gets like that, it's the first time I really saw her do that. Money isn't much good if you can't use it for the things you really want.

Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
She complained about buying the TV at first, but then she dominated the TV, after we started watching it. I can't.....get the remote......back..... LOL, and get this. She's a channel flipper..... Good thing I got that nice expensive programable remote I'll never touch again.

Sounds just like my wife, except she has a habit of dozing in front of the TV all night while replaying moives she has seen hundreds of times before. At first it annoyed the heck out of me, but I learned, I matured, I came to grips with it, I bought headphone equipment!
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2004 at 7:06 AM Post #27 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer

Sounds just like my wife, except she has a habit of dozing in front of the TV all night while replaying moives she has seen hundreds of times before. At first it annoyed the heck out of me, but I learned, I matured, I came to grips with it, I bought headphone equipment!
biggrin.gif

LOL, my fiance does exactly the same thing. Except, she likes to watch anything in HiDef. She falls asleep to PBS and CBS alot.

-Ed

Apr 9, 2004 at 7:24 AM Post #28 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
LOL, my fiance does exactly the same thing. Except, she likes to watch anything in HiDef. She falls asleep to PBS and CBS alot.

Heh, I think I could get used to that, but you have no idea just how bad "Sister Act 2" is for the 100th time. I believe it constitutes Dante's tenth circle of the Inferno!
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 9, 2004 at 7:48 AM Post #29 of 71
No problems here. wait.... er... I don't have a wife. Gotta work on that.
tongue.gif

By the time I find one, maybe I'll have an Orpheus and stuff so this electronics madness would just be a thing of the past.

Apr 9, 2004 at 9:59 AM Post #30 of 71
My wife and I are broke this month and she suggested selling my loudspeakers.

I had this cartoon image bubble of something leaving the house and it wasn't my speakers...

eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back