Busted my Denons....
May 21, 2016 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ArmAndHammer

Headphoneus Supremus
AH-D2000. I love these things for closed back block out the kids general listening and so comfy. Anyways...a while back I dropped them. Not far...maybe a foot. One of the cups popped off. Seems that the tiny little screws stripped out and now it won't stay attached. I was thinking about just using some shoe goo or something to adhere them back together...but though that might be a PITA if I even need to take them apart in the future. And there's always that possibility of changing sound in that side. So I figured I'd ask and if there were any suggestions. I though about trying to source longer screws and see if there was room for them to go deeper into the screw holes and get a bite to hold, or fatter screws. Otherwise...not sure what to do other than adhesive. 

May 22, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 3
If the only problem is the threads being stripped in the plastic cups, don't try longer of larger diameter screws...you risk cracking the plastic beyond repair.  A drop or two pf epoxy in each screw hole, use a toothpick to put it the hole.  Wait until it is almost set up, and install the screws and cups with very, very gentle torque on the screws.  This will not prevent you from removing the screws later, but it will probably require you repeat the procedure.  This works.  I have done it on other plastic devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back