Bushmill X Grado
May 24, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #6 of 15
  I'd recommend reaching out to stacker45 and see if he can fill you in. He owns a pair.

I know that you want me to make you a drawing, and I'd be happy to help, but I can barely posts pics, so posting a drawing is out of my field of expertise.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need a scanner to post a hand drawing, because if that's the case, I don't have one.

I just looked, and from what I can see, the headband looks the same as my RS1, and my SR80e. exept that it's made of tan leather.   

I could post the exact measurments of the cups, then all you'd have to do is de a pictrue search, and go from there.

Just let me know if you're down with that.

May 25, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #8 of 15
@stacker45 the measurement will be fine thank you stack

Alright, tomorrow i'm goin to ask my neighbor if he can loan me his digital micrometer, so, I should have the measurments for you tomorrow night.

Oh!, I'm just curious, wich drivers are you going to use?.

May 25, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #10 of 15
I've never heard / seen the Bushmill X Grado in person. Were they vented in any way? Or just kind of capped with wood?

May 26, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #12 of 15
  I've never heard / seen the Bushmill X Grado in person. Were they vented in any way? Or just kind of capped with wood?

You can't see the vent from the front of the earcups, and even from the back it's hard to see, it a slot that goes almost completely around the earcups.

May 26, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #13 of 15
. I use koss ksc75 driver, the idea came from stratoKOSSter

I have to admit, having had a few bad experiences with Grado's often sketchy finnish on their headphones, I had sworn that I'd never look closely at any of my Grados ever again.

Because of the nature or your request, I had to break that self made promise, and l had to look at my Bushmills, from very close, and for a very long time. I am happy to report that my Bushmills are particularly well crafted.

I don't know how close you want yours to be to the originals, but I just want to let you know that their desing is significantly more intricate that I first thought. That being said, before I start, I want to make sure that you still want to procede with this, and if so, I will need for you to draw me a general mushroom shape side view, and also a top view of the earcups. I will then use my very limited skills to guide you through this, as best I can.

Just let me know.

May 27, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #14 of 15

I have to admit, having had a few bad experiences with Grado's often sketchy finnish on their headphones, I had sworn that I'd never look closely at any of my Grados ever again.

Because of the nature or your request, I had to break that self made promise, and l had to look at my Bushmills, from very close, and for a very long time. I am happy to report that my Bushmills are particularly well crafted.

I don't know how close you want yours to be to the originals, but I just want to let you know that their desing is significantly more intricate that I first thought. That being said, before I start, I want to make sure that you still want to procede with this, and if so, I will need for you to draw me a general mushroom shape side view, and also a top view of the earcups. I will then use my very limited skills to guide you through this, as best I can.

Just let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back