Bushisms
Jun 2, 2002 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 52
Ah, that's a funny list. Personally, I'd rather have W as president than Gore. But, since this seems to be a joking thread...
Bush Jedi Fight

Jun 2, 2002 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 52
http://www.dubyaspeak.com/

biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2002 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 52
I think it speaks in volumes for people that voted for Bush.

Jun 3, 2002 at 8:23 AM Post #6 of 52
gloco; what do ya mean by that? I voted for Bush. His great speaking ability was not on my list of reasons though.

"The public education system in America is one of the most important foundations of our democracy. After all, it is where children from all over America learn to be responsible citizens, and learn to have the skills necessary to take advantage of our fantastic opportunistic society." —George W. Bush, May 1, 2002

I am not so sure this statement is a mis-statement. It looks like a case of telling the truth to me.

Jun 3, 2002 at 12:23 PM Post #8 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
gloco; what do ya mean by that? I voted for Bush. His great speaking ability was not on my list of reasons though.

Ya know what? I've watched many news spots when they showed a tape of Bush talking and all i could do is laugh because he sounds like a damn idiot.

By the way, why did you vote for him?

Jun 3, 2002 at 2:38 PM Post #9 of 52
Thank god this has come back! After Sept. 11 I couldn't find any new ones.

Whatever his strengths the command of the english language certainly isn't one of them. Even still it's good for a laugh because it makes him sound like an idiot at times (not that I think he is one).

Given the choice of things to laugh at in a president I'd rather choose this over fooling around with an intern.

That said I prefered Clinton's politics over Bush's but I'd rather have a president that *sounds* like an idiot over one that *acts* like one. I guess in the end it all balances out.

Jun 3, 2002 at 5:26 PM Post #10 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Nezer
That said I prefered Clinton's politics over Bush's but I'd rather have a president that *sounds* like an idiot over one that *acts* like one. I guess in the end it all balances out.

Actually, its not that he just sounds like an idiot, he is an idiot, he apparently doesn't know much about the rest of the world.

I'd rather take a prez who fools around with an intern and can still get the job done over a prez who is so dumb he needs the VP to actually run the show.

Doesn't anyone find it amusing that Cheney is always stashed away somewhere secret when something happens and Bush is out and about?

Jun 3, 2002 at 7:45 PM Post #12 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
gloco- Haven't you noticed that Dubya is just a figurehead? It's Cheney that's actually running the government.

Yep, thats my point, i wonder how many people dont see that connection!
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2002 at 9:16 PM Post #13 of 52
I'll fess up, I voted for Gore (not that it mattered) but after both parties made asses of themselves during that election mess I should have voted for this guy and probably will next presidential election.

Go here for more information about the party.

Jun 3, 2002 at 10:34 PM Post #14 of 52
Well, the thing with the Libertarian party is that they're all for less government - including less government regulation of Micro$oft/Oil Companies and everyone else we love to hate.

Jun 4, 2002 at 1:06 AM Post #15 of 52
Wait, Nezer, you are planning on going from voting for a Democrat to voting for a Libertarian? Did you have some sort of on-the-road-to-Damascus conversion or what? Might want to read up a bit.

gloco, Dubya picked Cheney for a reason. Cheney, contrary to what you seem to be implying, was a major reason many people voted for Bush. Who cares if the VP actually does something? I think most people are all for a good administration, not a good president.

And, ya know, I think we can rest assured that despite how many moronic things Bush says, he won't do anywhere near as many stupid things as a President Gore. God save us all.

kerelybonto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back