Burson V7 Classic Pro and V7 Vivid Pro - Hi-Fi audiophile solid-state op-amps
Mar 14, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #106 of 189
Someone let me know, what is the difference between the V7 single and dual versions of these op-amps? I have looked everywhere on what are the diffs and saw nothing...even on the Burson site it doest say a thing.
Single is one channel opamp (mono), Dual is two channels opamp (stereo) (two identical singles on one board) You need to use the right opams (used in the application in preamplifier, amplifier, dac, etc. ) There are also adapters on market, you can make a dual opamp from two singles yourself...

Mar 14, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #107 of 189
Single is one channel opamp (mono), Dual is two channels opamp (stereo) (two identical singles on one board) You need to use the right opams (used in the application in preamplifier, amplifier, dac, etc. ) There are also adapters on market, you can make a dual opamp from two singles yourself...
I appreciate you bruh...I was so confused on everything. Now I get it.

Mar 14, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #108 of 189
I asked this earlier.

It’s down to what they are going in.

When I asked which I needed, I just said “I assume for the my 3X GT I need the duals” and answer was simply yes.

So don’t quote me but I assume if you have a dual mono amp like the GT you need the dual op-amps.
Thanks alot my friend...you and others helped me to the light lol. Now I know what the get (the singles)!

Mar 14, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #109 of 189
Hi all,

I got my hands on my dual V7vivid and V7singles, and installed them on my SoundBlaster AE9 instead of the V6's (my headset is a Meze99 classics)
Does they sound better?
Hard to answer, because while they do sound different, is it better?
The V6vivid where particularly detailed in the high, with some emphasis on very small treble sounds
The V7vivid, while still detailed, lost this emphasis.

I will keep them for a while, to see if i can get used to this new sound, and if i miss too much the v6's treble details, i'll switch back.
Of course the smaller form factor is good, because they can fit in more devices, but i feel like the size wasn't the only downgraded thing.
Or pehaps it's intended, and they really wanted to make the v7 more "transparent".

V7 sounds a bit less "vivid" than v6's

If you also switched your v6 to v7, tell me if you have the same feeling about them in your specific device

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #110 of 189
Hi all,

I got my hands on my dual V7vivid and V7singles, and installed them on my SoundBlaster AE9 instead of the V6's (my headset is a Meze99 classics)
Does they sound better?
The V6vivid where particularly detailed in the high, with some emphasis on very small treble sounds

I will keep them for a while, to see if i can get used to this new sound, and if i miss too much the v6's treble details, i'll switch back.
Of course the smaller form factor is good, because they can fit in more devices, but i feel like the size wasn't the only downgraded thing.
Or pehaps it's intended, and they really wanted to make the v7 more "transparent".

If you also switched your v6 to v7, tell me if you have the same feeling about them in your specific device
So, as I understand, the newer doesn't necessarily mean better 🤔 interesting, how much differ V6C and V7C 🤔

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #111 of 189
The video by Passion For Sound posted on the previous page also noted that the V7 Vivid impart less of their own sound on the signal compared to V6. He specifically mentioned the treble, where the V6 Vivid has a certain sound character to its treble, whereas V7 Vivid is more transparent and allows more nuance in that area. I expect that V7 Vivid and Classic will be better than the V6 versions in most systems. But in some systems V6 might already be transparent enough, and a more colored sound is just what it needs for more character and listening enjoyment. We'll see how this thread develops as more people get their hands on V7. I'll get mine in a couple weeks or so and will post impressions then.

Mar 15, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #112 of 189
Hi all,

Does they sound better?

Love that comparison saying the V7 sounds "less vivid." I know nothing about the Soundblaster, but I used to have the Meze 99, and it is not a very detail-oriented headphone. I can't help but wonder what the differences would sound like in a more resolving system and headphone. Of course, each of us is just trying to maximize the sound in our own chain to our own preferences, so it may very well be that for you in your system, the V6 wins.

Mar 15, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #114 of 189
I'd imagine the V7 Vivid would be better for bright headphones, I sometimes feel like the HE1000 Stealth gets a bit spicy in the treble at least with the V6 Vivid.
Perhaps the Classic would be a better match than the Vivid for someone with a bright system or headphone

Mar 15, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #115 of 189
Perhaps the Classic would be a better match than the Vivid for someone with a bright system or headphone

Maybe, but if you want less color in the sound and at the same time want to tame the highs a bit without needing as much EQ the V7 overall should be better than the V6. I'm going to place an order next month, hopefully some more information pops up by then.

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #116 of 189
Regarding treble on the V6's, the V6's are a bit leaned out where the treble is slightly accentuated. Not enough to stray too far from neutral, but a more "natural" op amp will have less treble emphasis with more sound density. It sounds like the V7's may be more accurate which is great news. More accurate may not always be preferred though-- if you have a setup that is warmer than neutral, or slightly fuzzy for any reason, then that treble emphasis may make your setup sound more detailed by removing some of that warmth/fuzz.

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #117 of 189
My music collection contains mostly of Jazz, Blues, Soul, Vocal oriented Instrumental music, with some rock and melodic, symphonic metal tracks and albums. So I decided to go with V7 Classic instead of V7 Vivid. Hope that I made the right choise 🤞🙄

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #118 of 189
Love that comparison saying the V7 sounds "less vivid." I know nothing about the Soundblaster, but I used to have the Meze 99, and it is not a very detail-oriented headphone. I can't help but wonder what the differences would sound like in a more resolving system and headphone. Of course, each of us is just trying to maximize the sound in our own chain to our own preferences, so it may very well be that for you in your system, the V6 wins.
I bought an Audeze LCD2 closed back today, will get it next week.
I think looking at reviews that it share a similar curve with the Meze 99 classics (a bit bassy, soft highs, and a small peak on the vocals 1-2k)

I'll do some opamps swaps on some of my favourite songs in DSD (Bon Jovi, Alphaville etc.) to check on both headset how it sounds with v7 vs v6
As the LCD2 will be a new headset, it won't have the "i know how it should sound" effect, so fair v6 vs v7 comparison here.

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #119 of 189
In my Burson Soloist 3x GT headphone amp---I rolled in the new V7 Classics into the Volume stage for a comparison to my V6 Classics in the same position. I have had V6 Classics there for nearly a year and always preferred the V6 Classics to the V6 Vivids (in any position).

My favorite way to explain what I heard reminds me of going to the optometrist for a prescription check. The doc rotates through the lenses and asks better or worse? And each change is subtle, but ultimately you are honing in on a clearer view of what you are looking at. Now imagine replacing "view" with "sound". The V7 Classics are in just bit better sonic focus compared to the V6 Classics. I can hear details slightly better, especially from notes that are not the main feature of the song. Stage is a bit wider. Low-end timbre a bit better (think of bass note plucks as slightly more cleaned up, less fuzzy). What is preserved though is the richness and smoothness that had me always liking the Classics in the first place.

I don't know if it is a con, or even the best way to describe, but they sound slightly slower. It may be because they are less smeared and more detailed. By defining notes slightly better and letting them hang in a space a bit more on their own, I felt like the pace of the music slowed a touch. I actually think what I am hearing is a background effect as the V7 Classics sound blacker/quieter than my V6 Classics---this may actually be what Burson improved in the V7 Classic technical design. Thus, I think what is happening in this comparison is that the detail improved focus comes as a function of a blacker background---not so much a direct enhancement of the notes themselves. When I think about the SPM-2 modules and everything Burson is doing on power, it may be that they have a real skill in pushing out every bit of noise from the IC designs. I think I will ultimately appreciate the resolution bump at whatever slight expense to perceived speed.

Bottom line is I am glad I footed the bill for these. To be fair the change is small, Still, it's a better direction for my Burson Soloist 3x GT.

Attachments

• opamps1.jpg
    opamps1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #120 of 189
Hi, I have been using Burson V6 since 2017 on Asus Essence STX II PCI card...Vivids, Classis and combination of those two. I have recently switched to V7 Classic and have about 130 hours of burn-in so I can make few observations when comparing them to V6 Classic.

• Much more details of the same character as V6 (not aggressive, not metallic) slightly less rounded than on V6 Classic.
  • Deeper more controlled bass
  • Wider, higher and deeper stage, more air, more space ….magic of space.
  • Vocals are bigger, more present, more 3D
  • Textures and colors of instruments are much more pronounced.
  • Slightly better dynamics and punch
  • More precise then V6, more resolving, V6 seem a bit muddy in comparison.
  • Lots of emotions, lots of musicality, quite enjoyable presentation.
  • Natural rendering of instruments.
  • Low noise floor, you can hear silence between notes.
  • Not making listening fatigue in long sessions.
  • Overall, V6 classic on steroids…..term 'magnificent masterpiece' came to my mind a few times during listening :)
Cheers ! :)

Attachments

• 20240313_174425.jpg
    20240313_174425.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back