Burson V7 Classic Pro and V7 Vivid Pro - Hi-Fi audiophile solid-state op-amps
Mar 9, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #93 of 189
any comparison between v7 and Sparkos SS2590?
I'll be sure to post some impressions once I get my V7 Vivids and Classics in.

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #94 of 189
I’ve heard that switching from v5 to v6/v7 series can also „change the sound to be more quiet or loud, depending on a combination”. Sorry for lame question, but are v6/v7 opamps able to make an impact on outputs power?

Mar 11, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #98 of 189
I can't decide between Vivid and Classic. I currently have V6 vivid so going with the V7 vivid seems like the safest route. I can always get a ZMF if I want a more coloured sound. The Sparkos are interesting too, but I don't want to mess with extenders and such.

Mar 11, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #99 of 189
I can't decide between Vivid and Classic. I currently have V6 vivid so going with the V7 vivid seems like the safest route. I can always get a ZMF if I want a more coloured sound. The Sparkos are interesting too, but I don't want to mess with extenders and such.
I’d probably go vivids too but you can mix them afaik. I don’t know if it hase to be in pairs. The 3X GT has 6 and I think you can in all reality ignore the volume ones.

If I get them I’d probably go with 4 vivids and a pair of classics.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #101 of 189
Hi,
Question to those more experienced than me: would it be more correct to put a pair of V7 Classic in the input position and a pair of V7 Vivid in the output position, or the reverse?
My portable amp is Aroma A100TB and now I have a pair of V5i D in the input and a pair of V6 Vivid in the output . Great sinergy

Mar 14, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #103 of 189
Someone let me know, what is the difference between the V7 single and dual versions of these op-amps? I have looked everywhere on what are the diffs and saw nothing...even on the Burson site it doest say a thing.

Mar 14, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #104 of 189
Mar 14, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #105 of 189
Someone let me know, what is the difference between the V7 single and dual versions of these op-amps? I have looked everywhere on what are the diffs and saw nothing...even on the Burson site it doest say a thing.
I asked this earlier.

It’s down to what they are going in.

When I asked which I needed, I just said “I assume for the my 3X GT I need the duals” and answer was simply yes.

So don’t quote me but I assume if you have a dual mono amp like the GT you need the dual op-amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back