Burson V5i throws XD-05 into protect mode, think offset null on opamp is problem?
Oct 19, 2018 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

joeydgraffix

100+ Head-Fier
I got my Burson V5i-D for my XDUOO XD-05 amp today.The amp goes into protect mode unless I put the OPAMP in the wrong way.

I put my V5i-d on a breadboard and tried to see if the connections where the problems but I still got the same thing. I did see that if I unplugged one pin (I think its the Offset Null pin) that it puts it back into regular mode(but still no sound) and as soon as I plug it in it goes into protect mode.

Is this something I can fix? I’m worried that no matter what OPAMP I get that my XDUOO may mess up, or is the V5i-d possibly bad?

I saw one video where you can get a potentiometer and hook it up to the breadboard and possibly fix the voltage on the OPAMP but I have zero idea if stuff like that will work since I don’t have the tech know how.

If anyone can help me out with this it would be awesome. As far as the pin goes, if you look at the V5i-d from the top view (so you will see the metal top) the pin thats acting funny would be the top left one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back