Burson Soloist 3X Grand Tourer Head Amp/Pre Amp w/Sub out - 10W XLR
Dec 24, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #691 of 2,327
Does anyone have a Super Charger 5A they don't want anymore? If so, I'd like to discuss purchasing it from you. Let me know.

Dec 24, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #692 of 2,327
i have a pair of the same sparkos arriving next week. Which position was best for this pair for you?
not me a friend of mine did it.

if you fits it in volume stage you get slightly better edge

if you fits it in input buffer you get much better mids and slam

but be aware you need to chip away some of those plastic on v6 to fits 2590 into input buffer

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #693 of 2,327
4195696E-745B-4E92-9158-8C7273B8791E.jpeg

Ok, I think I am ready to give my initial impressions using the Denafrips BIC500. Firstly, it does not degrade the sound at all as some have indicated when using an isolated conditioner. The biggest difference I perceive is a greater separation of instruments. Each piece of the music has almost a life of its own. This is done while still retaining a great sense of cohesion within the music. So, it’s not an artificial dissection of the music. I guess it could be best described as making the stage bigger in all directions.

The background is absolutely black. I didn’t have much noise in my system prior to the BIC. So, in that regard, it did not have any detrimental effect to the noise floor. The BIC itself is extremely solidly built and does not produce heat. All-in-all, I am very happy with the BIC. I was not expecting a drastic benefit with its implementation. However, the greater sense of space it seems to provide is wonderful.

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #694 of 2,327
Ok, I think I am ready to give my initial impressions using the Denafrips BIC500. Firstly, it does not degrade the sound at all as some have indicated when using an isolated conditioner. The biggest difference I perceive is a greater separation of instruments. Each piece of the music has almost a life of its own. This is done while still retaining a great sense of cohesion within the music. So, it’s not an artificial dissection of the music. I guess it could be best described as making the stage bigger in all directions.

The background is absolutely black. I didn’t have much noise in my system prior to the BIC. So, in that regard, it did not have any detrimental effect to the noise floor. The BIC itself is extremely solidly built and does not produce heat. All-in-all, I am very happy with the BIC. I was not expecting a drastic benefit with its implementation. However, the greater sense of space it seems to provide is wonderful.
One other thing I forgot to mention, the decay for cymbal crashes or string plucks seems to continue for a longer, more noticeable, amount of time. Another plus, for sure.

Dec 27, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #696 of 2,327
Dec 27, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #697 of 2,327

Attachments

• 247002FF-0B15-481D-83FD-0023A0806AD8.jpeg
    247002FF-0B15-481D-83FD-0023A0806AD8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 29, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #698 of 2,327

Currently own the Audioquest Powerquest 2 & am really tempted to sell it & purchase the BIC500 after reading your comments. Don’t want to cheap out on my system if there’s potential to blacken the background even more.

Dec 29, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #699 of 2,327
Currently own the Audioquest Powerquest 2 & am really tempted to sell it & purchase the BIC500 after reading your comments. Don’t want to cheap out on my system if there’s potential to blacken the background even more.
Since you’re located in the US, you may wanna check out Shunyata’s offerings. These guys are so scientifically advanced, they have proprietary parts, patented tech, and even a medical division for hospitals’ need of ultra clean power for accurate physiological measurements. I think they have a 60-day guarantee too or something so u can trial it? It’s a bit expensive for head-fi, but considered affordable in the 2-channel big boy world. In an ultra revealing system it’s absolutely worth checking out. It smokes Audioquest Niagara.

Dec 29, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #700 of 2,327
Since you’re located in the US, you may wanna check out Shunyata’s offerings. These guys are so scientifically advanced, they have proprietary parts, patented tech, and even a medical division for hospitals’ need of ultra clean power for accurate physiological measurements. I think they have a 60-day guarantee too or something so u can trial it? It’s a bit expensive for head-fi, but considered affordable in the 2-channel big boy world. In an ultra revealing system it’s absolutely worth checking out. It smokes Audioquest Niagara.
Shunyata might make good stuff, but I have to be at least a little bit skeptical over the value being offered from a company that sells 9k power cables...

Dec 29, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #701 of 2,327
I do not have experience with any Audioquest gear but, the difference the BIC500 made for me is noticeable. The best benefits being a wider staging of instruments and greater decay for cymbals and strings. It is built like a tank and fits the aesthetic I prefer (as you seem to, too). The one downside to its looks is the black chassis with the silver faceplate; that is no bother if the sides are not very visible.

I asked you a bit ago about your experience with your set of HE1K and the GT, any insight?

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #702 of 2,327
Shunyata might make good stuff, but I have to be at least a little bit skeptical over the value being offered from a company that sells 9k power cables...
Ooof I wouldn’t touch 9k cables but their power conditioners are great (the Hydra D6 is 3k), and they have cables that are not crazily priced.

Dec 31, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #703 of 2,327
Jan 3, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #704 of 2,327
So after getting the amp in early/mid November, I decided to open it up to see how much dust accumulated (I get a lot of dust and dont know where it comes from, my computer area is more dusty than anywhere else in my house). Ive cleaned out dust from my computer about 3 times in that time, nothing terrible but enough to see dust marks on the dust filters of the PC.

To my surprise there wasn't any dust at all in the GT. So if youre worried about dust building up from the fan, I can assure you from someone thats been struggling with dust in general that you have nothing to worry about. If anything I might look inside the amp again after 4-6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back