Burson HA-160D + Grado = Good?????Bad??? So So???
Jan 3, 2011 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DigitalFreak

镇老鹰

Hello gentlemen/ladies.

Most of the regulars who come here don't know me due to the fact I only officially joined the site a couple of days ago. I've been quietly sneaking around on the forums for a good two months though collecting information to my audio rig questions. Due to the fact how helpful and generally friendly people are on here I decided to join and hopefully get the last few pieces to my puzzle answered. Special thanks to forum members Vikingatheart and kboe for answering some of my first forum post questions.

The title of this thread is pretty self explanatory and I'm a hairline away from pulling the trigger and giving my wallet a heart attack and buying the HA-160D. From all the different threads I've read on here and other sites I already know the 160D pairs well with the AKG 701, Audeze LCD-2 as well as the Sennheiser HD650 and HD800.

I'm a huge Grado fan though and truth be known Grado was my first real good set of headphones I've ever owned and I'd like to one day own a set of GS1000i's or RS1i's. So if anyone out there has had a chance to mate any of the upper lever Grado cans with the Burson HA-160D I'd love to hear your impressions. Oh and since I'm asking anyone who has paired the 160D with Ultrasone.cans your impressions would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bless
\m/

Jan 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 6
The Burson pairs well with Grados (can't comment on the GS1000is though). I was pairng the Burson HA-160 with a Grado RS1 and had nothing but positive things to say. Grados generally are fairly easy to drive and with a monster amp like the HA-160D you won't have a problem amping them

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #3 of 6
Yep should be fine. A solid state can handle Grados well and like jms said, Grados don't need a lot of amping to sound great. Oh, and welcome aboard! 

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #5 of 6
blasphemy. no such thing. it may be overkill, but that's why there is a volume knob.

Quote:
This amp may be too powerful to drive rs1is.

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #6 of 6
You'll have a killer setup with that amp, 
Welcome to head-fi! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back