Burson Conductor Virtuoso vs Oppo HA-1
Jun 13, 2015 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

imac2much

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking to upgrade my Burson Soloist SL + Resonessence Concero DAC to an integrated package for around $1000-1500.  Currently I am looking at both the Oppo HA-1 and Burson Conductor Virtuoso.  I really love the Burson "house sound" of the Soloist SL and the Conductor Virtuoso seems to have the same aspects except with more power, which makes future headphone upgrades easier (I doubt I could drive inefficient phones like the Alpha Dogs very well with the Soloist SL).  I'm actually interested in the 1793 DAC on the Conductor instead of the Sabre ES9018 as I read it would allow the overall sound to be a bit warmer and more musical (I'm a bit tired of the analytical nature of the Concero's Sabre ES9023).

Aesthetically, I think both DAC/Amps look great, though I think the HA-1 may be a bit *too* flashy for my taste.  I also love how Burson amps don't get very hot even with discrete class A parts (which made me hate my Asgard 2).  I read the HA-1 gets quite hot as well.  On the other hand, the HA-1 seems more future proof due to all its inputs and outputs.  While I have no need for balanced connection right now, I like the fact that the HA-1 provides the option... but it also lacks power unless you go balance ended.  

I am unable to audition the HA-1 where I live.  Can anyone give offer a comparison or suggestion?  Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back