Burson Conductor or Soloist + DAC?
May 5, 2014 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kennyk64

New Head-Fier
Hello fellow headfiers, from the thread title, which do you think is a better choice? If I were to get Soloist and a DAC, what DAC would you recommend for the soloist? Many thanks in advance.

May 5, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm thinking of pairing Soloist and NFB-11, you guys think its a good choice? Or I might just get a Woo Audio WA7 or Fostex HP-A8. My current headphone is Fostex TH-600 btw.

May 5, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 4
Don't use tubes with the 600 since they are relatively dark I think. I use a Soloist and a Music Fidelity M1DAC and I love it for everything I have thrown at it other than the HE5-LE. The conductor is a great all in one, but the NFB 11 is also great. I would get the 2 separate units so you can upgrade one at a time :D

May 6, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 4
Don't use tubes with the 600 since they are relatively dark I think. I use a Soloist and a Music Fidelity M1DAC and I love it for everything I have thrown at it other than the HE5-LE. The conductor is a great all in one, but the NFB 11 is also great. I would get the 2 separate units so you can upgrade one at a time
biggrin.gif

I thought it is better to get two separate units too, for better future upgrade. So I think I will go with the Soloist and NFB-11. Thanks for the help. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back