Burson Conductor 3XR (complete noob question)
Nov 26, 2022 at 8:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

johnstac

Head-Fier
I have owned this unit for a few years and I am still unclear how to properly use it. It contains an amp, dac, pre outs among others. I think when I was setting it up, Burson recommended I use a MacBook Pro along with a USB-C cable with a USB-A adapter. The question is whether in this configuration, is the MacBook using its DAC or is it just being used as a streamer?

I’m still learning about audio and hi-fi. Maybe the Burson wasn’t the best in terms of how components work since it’s all included in one. I’m also not sure what I would need to spend to produce better sound then I am already getting from this unit. I just recently began thinking about putting together a nice bedroom system with better speakers etc. Budget maybe 10k but now I’m having another rabbit. Thanks for any help with my original question.

Dec 3, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #2 of 2
I have owned this unit for a few years and I am still unclear how to properly use it. It contains an amp, dac, pre outs among others. I think when I was setting it up, Burson recommended I use a MacBook Pro along with a USB-C cable with a USB-A adapter. The question is whether in this configuration, is the MacBook using its DAC or is it just being used as a streamer?

I’m still learning about audio and hi-fi. Maybe the Burson wasn’t the best in terms of how components work since it’s all included in one. I’m also not sure what I would need to spend to produce better sound then I am already getting from this unit. I just recently began thinking about putting together a nice bedroom system with better speakers etc. Budget maybe 10k but now I’m having another rabbit. Thanks for any help with my original question.

The MacBook is just transmitting data and the Burson Conductor 3XR's DAC is converting the data in this manner. As for your $10k budget question: you will need to list what you components that you already have right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back