Burson Cable+ Active Voltage Raising / Impedance Matching Cable
Dec 7, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #91 of 168
So far I tested the Cable+ on every amp that I have (see my profile if you care) and the result is always the same: more fluid and coherent music.
Together with the iFi iPurifier 2 USB, and the SPDIF iPurifier, the Cable+ is clearly the most effective upgrade that I made to the signal transfer system in the recent times.
I mean that you don't need to have the "golden ears" to hear the difference.
Amazing, simply amazing.

Total agree with you. I hope in future they will have Cable ++ with big V5
L3000.gif

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #93 of 168
I just got my Cable + and, with some befuddlement, got it working. Wow, is all I can say. The increase in sound quality and clarity is big. The cymbals sizzle into a slow fadeout, and I can push the bass up and it's deep and articulate. I am not a believer in special cables for stereo, however, this little gadget does more than claimed. The hookup instructions are a little vague to me, but I got it working. It's directional in line AND that little white cable and plug thingy need to be connected from the wall to the gadget! I am a big fan of Burson and not ashamed about that! -jim 

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #94 of 168
I just got my Cable + and, with some befuddlement, got it working. Wow, is all I can say. The increase in sound quality and clarity is big. The cymbals sizzle into a slow fadeout, and I can push the bass up and it's deep and articulate. I am not a believer in special cables for stereo, however, this little gadget does more than claimed. The hookup instructions are a little vague to me, but I got it working. It's directional in line AND that little white cable and plug thingy need to be connected from the wall to the gadget! I am a big fan of Burson and not ashamed about that! -jim 

There you go!
See? I'm not the only one that "WOWs" by listening to the improvements made by the Cable+.....

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #95 of 168
There you go!
See? I'm not the only one that "WOWs" by listening to the improvements made by the Cable+.....

For me would be WOW WOW :D

- First WOW: sound quality improvement
- Second WOW: very good value compare to other cable brand. Other cables have very good build quality and materials (and more expensive) but sound quality improvement not much. Cable + have much better P/P ratio.

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #96 of 168
Took the day off from work and installed the R2R Cable+ between the SSA Lycan with v5 and the LH Labs Infinity 2.0. For now just using the TH-X00 and really enjoying the resulting music. The Source is a Roon Remote on a laptop using the LH Labs split USB cable.

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #97 of 168
I guess not, but would there be any improvement, if I connected my headphones or active speakers with this Burson Cable+ to my Creative X7 DAC/Amp (X7 is connected via USB to my PC and via optical to my PS4)?

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #98 of 168
  I guess not, but would there be any improvement, if I connected my headphones or active speakers with this Burson Cable+ to my Creative X7 DAC/Amp (X7 is connected via USB to my PC and via optical to my PS4)?

My experience, Cable + does improvement, not by subtle, you can easy spot the different: sound cleaner, more details and bass hit harder.

I did test A2A with Oppo PM3 (please note that Burson do not recommend for use with headphone, you might risk damage your cable + and headphone).
Because Cable + require to have usb power cable plugin all time, very cumbersome when use it as headphone cable. So now I use A2A version for Desktop speaker.

Before Cable +, the speaker was connected by DIY cable (silver plated), It was used to replace cheap stock cable (lost 1 channel after a year used), with this DIY, the sound more cleaner and bass less bloat. However, the improvement can not compete with Cable +.

Dec 12, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #99 of 168
It does improved with active speakers, but significantly or not it depends on the speakers. What I can say is that it really does to my Bose M3.
You Find out in my listening test. In later post.

Dec 12, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #100 of 168
Hello EVERYONE!!!

This is what I experienced Within the first 12 hours with the Burson Cable+ (A2A) feeding from my DAP Onkyo DP-X1 (line out mode) to my 6 years old Bose M3(Japanese limited edition model of the M2 micro music monitor with added the 4 AA battery socket for portable) active speaker with a little bit of tweak by attached 4 plastic spikes on to the bottom plate of each speaker and placed them on the 5mm thick Sponge(this cost me less that 10usd but give me a much better in bass control, best tweak in my life). I normally use this setup with my Audioquest Mini-3 (3meters). When ever I working on my desk or when I am in the room, as background music. I have been added the DP-X1 in this setup around 6-7 months ago,earlier I use my macbookpro or my iPhone as the player. So this should be good with the listening test.

Before I start I will have to talk about the musics I will be use at this listing test. The artist is "Mindy Gledhill" and the album is "Anchor". This album is may not be be the best album for reviews but it is quite good. For the record, I also have been listening to this album for hundredssss of time over and over again. Actually, it not a choice it is a must(others song is not allowed to play through any speakers, by the WIFE.) Why, you ask? It's the only album that is able to calm my 4 months old daughter. It is a phenomenon that as soon as the album is played my daughter seem to be more happy playful and always stop crying if she is. So the song must be play at all time. This album is happen to be our house background music for 4 months now. For almost 24/7(only 5-10 mins gap for changing player device)I listen to this album through all of my music system, be it from the main system(more detail in my info page), from my desktop system(as I use for this test) from my iPhone6s+, my Huawei phone, my wife iphone7, from B&O A2 and even from my the rotel at my mom office. any devices that i could.

So I think this Album is the best reference at the moment.

Ok, back to the listing experience. In the first 12 hours of the burning in I sitting at the sweet spots and some time I am out to play woth my daughter. I have a good listening session for maybe 3-4 times with 2-5 songs each time. The most important fact that I have to let's you know is that I did not do the A/B test or blind test this time. There is no need for the burn in, that is what I think. The comparison is base on what I remember and should be 70-80% correct. I just cannot do all of that and play with my daughter at the same time, too much.
First thing I noticed as soon as I connect the Cable+ is that the music is much louder than normal. I have to lover the volumes down 5-6 stops(there are around 30-35 stops in this active speaker) from the normal level I normally listen to with the Audioquest Mini-3 with the same set up. And the lower bass is kind of thicker vocal is a bit forward, But overall it sound ok not bad like changing the new speakers.

The second session is after 3-4 hours of burning in the I got the feeling that there are more focus from the low note like base drum that is use to be as large as 1/5 of the speaker to speaker distance when I first connected it. The scale of the bass drum is shrink in to 1/5 of the Speaker to speaker distance. Furthermore it just show the position of the bass drum clearly, slightly in to background and a little bit on to the right side. The vocals is at the position it should be a little bit bigger in size compare to the AQ Mini-3 cable and still more forward as I mentioned in the earlier sessions . Soundstage is not as good as the Mini-3 offer in wide but in depth this Cable+ is matching to the Mini-3.

Third session at around 11-12 hours after burning the base drum seem to be really tight the scale of the base Drum is now remaining only 1/10 of the speakers placement distance and punchy much better more robust than I normally heard.(I actually having troubles with it punches power when I am going to sleep with some song still play through this Cable+)In the vocal and mid tone is round, smooth. The Vacal is still a little bit bigger in scale than the singer supposed to be but not bad. May be it's the In the upper area sound a little bit better than the Mini-3 but not that sparkles , the Mini-3 isn't neither. The sound stage is a little bit winder as wide as the mini-3 and the depth is better than the mini-3 for sure. Vacal image is positioning in the center and 10-15 cm. in front of the speaker. Drum set image is locate 15-20cm behind the speaker. There are so Much More subtle details from background tracks in the musics compared to the AQ Mini-3. And also more dynamic range than the Mini-3.

It's the first time I use "Active Cable". I have to say that's it is a little bit trouble finding a spare socket on my power bar to power the Cable+. But it a 1 time setup so I am ok with it. After the listening sessions. This 12 hours period of burning in. The initial setup is just nothing. I really
in phase sound is focus no need to close your eye to see the image. Instrument is sizing nicely almost right Vocal still too big, but I think this might be the limitations of the Speakers. Spacing is really good really big empty space between instruments and have a better placement in vertical axis but not as much as horizontal axis. The of phase track is not 160 degrees around me like what I normally hear in my Main system. It should be around 70-90 degrees(extended around 10-15 cm to the outside of both speakers).
What I am saying is that I wasn't expected for the huge difference in this small setup. What I can say is that in the Small system like this DAP and Active speaker there are not that much room that I think I can Improve but oh! Man there are. The deference is quite noticeable from just a Cable change. Swap to this cable is give me an experience as different as changing new source component from(itune on my)Macbook to playing music with Onkyo DP-X1 in the last 7 months.

So I now So I now know where the name Cable+ came from. It's more than a cable it's another component with build in cable. I kind of had forgotten that I was writing the expression of listening test of this same old Bose M3, 1 cable and a DAP, I shouldn't be this much of typing!!!!!! This much of typing is for big system listening test. Anyway Thanks god, Thank you And Heaps of Thanks to Burson audio.

Next time I will be reporting the impression and comparison from my main system that I am burning in right now. It is going to be between the Cable+ R2R and my Audioquest Columbia, Cardas golden reference as soon as every thing is burning in probably. There are the RCA out of the NAD M51 and My BDP-LX-88 that I Never been used before(normally I use XLR). Also many new parts I added this time such as 2set of R2R Cable+, the Brand new Burson Conductor V2+ as preamp/headphones amp and Ess9018 DAC, PS audio power line, The Cambridge Audio CXC CD-transporter and still waiting for Nativsound Vita Music Server:player/streamer to arrived around the end of December. So It will take 200-300 hours. For burning in and finalize the best possible setup for each test.

Catch up later, next year. Thanks for reading to this point and sorry if my English is disturbed.

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #101 of 168
I received my samples of the HiFi+ cables from Burson a week ago. I have been listening for about 5 days now. 

Packaging and build are first class. I used it initially with the supplied power supply, then switched over to the iFI
USB 3.0. That made a very nice difference. I am also, at Burson's suggestion, explore a 5V battery supply as well.

The set up I have the cables in now is:

Aric Audio Unlimited tubed preamp, Simaudio 760A power amp, Bryston BDP-2 server/Bryston BDA-3 DAC, Bryston Mini T 
speakers.  Rega Planar 3 turntable/Lehmann Audio Cube SE for vinyl.

I am going to move it to my office system when I receive the Schiit Saga and Freya preamps, which are unique in that they allow you to switch between passive and active mode. I will use them in passive mode. The upstairs system has a Belles Soloist 3 preamp, an Onkyo M5000R power amp,  Magnepan MMG speakers, a Simaudio 280D DAC, a Sonore microRendu server, and a Project Debut Carbon DC/Graham Slee phono stage vinyl set up.

I will use the cables with the Schiit preamps in passive mode between source and preamp.

Pics and further reports to follow. Formal review will be published early next year. 

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #102 of 168
got my r2r today and hooked it between my d100 and aric audio preamp to drive my paradigm millenia one desktop system and after adjusting down the pre-amp gain and the sat volume to compensate for the cable boost it doesn't sound much different at all imho.  if anything could be more distortion but hard to say since can't a/b it easily.  doesn't sound bad just not convinced it sounds any better either.

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #103 of 168
My pre-order was the aux to rca I bought to run mixcloud (I use to find new music) from a tablet into my system, it works well enough so I ordered rca to rca. The second cable arrived in a few days, this cable made the biggest difference and its the impedance matching that unlocked the full potential of my 12u7 6as7g tube amp, before I had to adjust the pre amp out of my dac depending on the album and now I have switched back to fixed dac out and everything is just what I needed. More time with it and I'll give more impressions.

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #104 of 168
Can I use this cable to connect hifi components, like a quality DAP (line out signal of my Fiio X7) and a quality headphone amp (Woo WA3)? Would I hear a distinct improvement in SQ? Or does this cable make a difference only with non-hifi components like cellphones and laptops?

The way Burson presents their new cable seems to limit its use to phones, tablets and computers.

Thanks!

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #105 of 168
  Can I use this cable to connect hifi components, like a quality DAP (line out signal of my Fiio X7) and a quality headphone amp (Woo WA3)? Would I hear a distinct improvement in SQ? Or does this cable make a difference only with non-hifi components like cellphones and laptops?

The way Burson presents their new cable seems to limit its use to phones, tablets and computers.

Thanks!

What is your current cable use for Fiio X7 and WA3? If it is stock cheap cable, you might have a distinct improvement.

What is your headphone? A fullsize (mid - high end) will spot the different easy than an iem.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back