Burson Cable+ Active Voltage Raising / Impedance Matching Cable
Nov 28, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #76 of 168
Me too, I'm excited!

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #83 of 168
Received my pre-order today it was posted on 29/11/2016 from Hong Kong. I didn't get a tracking number from burson but it was sent with a traceable service. I'm in the UK, it was a nice surprise and now back to testing it.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #86 of 168
I haven't even got it yet and I am already thinking what it would sound like fed off battery power...

So now Burson is now the office secret Santa... Gratz...
Is WOW the review?:blush:

Thanks for the pics

Dave

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #87 of 168
I haven't even got it yet and I am already thinking what it would sound like fed off battery power...

So now Burson is now the office secret Santa... Gratz...
Is WOW the review?:blush:

Thanks for the pics

Dave

Being Italian I am emotional, or at least I must pretend to be.
"WOW" was the only thing I could say, what else do you expect?
Jokes aside, this little stuff is something.
It seems to me that the music flows more naturally without losing details (and the Tripath 2024 of the little Trends is pretty much detailed).
So far so good; those fellas at Burson always find the way to amaze us.

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #88 of 168
It seems to me that the music flows more naturally without losing details (and the Tripath 2024 of the little Trends is pretty much detailed).

I got my cables today.
I understand why you WOW now.

I did a comparison with other $100 cable :
- Furutech  iHP-35
- Analysis Oval One

My test setup:
- Headphone: HE 560
- SoundBlaster ZxR --> test cable --> iFi iCAN, all effects were turn off.
- The Analysis cable was used as reference, switch between Cable + and Furutech.
- iCan has two analog inputs ( 3.5mm and RCA) only one can active per time. Use SB control panel switch between headphone out mode (3.5mm connection) and Stereo mode (RCA connection)
- Listen various songs, compare specific short passage (5s)

Test result:
- Furutech vs. Analysis: not really any different.
- Cable + vs. Analysis: this clearly an upgrade. The sound is cleaner, more sparks on top, bass hit harder, female voice less harsh. It's also louder, around 10% more.

IMO, this cable clearly best cable upgrade for me.
- I have the iTube, the sound improvement is only the female voice less harsh, but it costly ($350) and it produce a lot of heat.
- I have Analysis Copper, it's slightly better Oval One but cost $250.

Extra:
RCA version, IN and OUT mark near the cable

A2A version use as headphone cable, tested with Oppo PM3, powered from USB port. IMO, it can be competed with headphone aftermarket cable cost >$300

Disclaimer: try it at your own risks, Burson DO NOT recommend use A2A version as headphone cable
"Cable+ is not designed to link a power amp or head amp to the speaker or headphone.  When connected to a weak amplifier, there won't be any risk of damage, but connecting it to a more powerful amplifier may destroy the Cable+ and could even damage the headphone"

If you crazy enough to try it as headphone cable, make sure you (1) unplug the power usb from Cable + first, (2) turn down the volume, (3) connect to headphone, (4) plug power usb to Cable +, (4) slowly turn volume up.

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #89 of 168

I got my cables today.
I understand why you WOW now.

I did a comparison with other $100 cable :
- Furutech  iHP-35
- Analysis Oval One

My test setup:
- Headphone: HE 560
- SoundBlaster ZxR --> test cable --> iFi iCAN, all effects were turn off.
- The Analysis cable was used as reference, switch between Cable + and Furutech.
- iCan has two analog inputs ( 3.5mm and RCA) only one can active per time. Use SB control panel switch between headphone out mode (3.5mm connection) and Stereo mode (RCA connection)
- Listen various songs, compare specific short passage (5s)

Test result:
- Furutech vs. Analysis: not really any different.
- Cable + vs. Analysis: this clearly an upgrade. The sound is cleaner, more sparks on top, bass hit harder, female voice less harsh. It's also louder, around 10% more.
- The 3.5mm version can be used directly as headphone cable (tested with Oppo PM3), it can be competed with headphone aftermarket cable cost >$300 (if you don't mind the usb power cable):wink_face:

IMO, this cable clearly best cable upgrade for me.
- I have the iTube, the sound improvement is only the female voice less harsh, but it costly ($350) and it produce a lot of heat.
- I have Analysis Copper, it's slightly better Oval One but cost $250.

Extra:
RCA version, IN and OUT mark near the cable

Use as headphone cable, tested with Oppo PM3, powered from USB port.

So far I tested the Cable+ on every amp that I have (see my profile if you care) and the result is always the same: more fluid and coherent music.
Together with the iFi iPurifier 2 USB, and the SPDIF iPurifier, the Cable+ is clearly the most effective upgrade that I made to the signal transfer system in the recent times.
I mean that you don't need to have the "golden ears" to hear the difference.
Amazing, simply amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back